4th Quarter Discounts?

CLEtoWDW

Anyone have some insight as to when 4th quarter discounts will come out? It seems like the announcement is unusually late this year?

erstwo

I can tell you I was on the phone with Disney reservations last night booking in early October and December and there was already limited availability. Yikes! I will say, my trip in October is for 6 people and I was looking to book one suite for all 6 of us - so that limited us way more. But I couldn't even get as many nights as I wanted and the agent said October 1-15 was booked pretty solid for all room types.

December was better for a party of 4 - two rooms, but deluxe was limited on monorail/ Boardwalk area.

Maybe there won't be any discounts? Although, I didn't think we'd see any discounts for August/ September either and those are out there, so I could be wrong. (Actually hoping I'm wrong so I can get a discount ;) too!)

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

Same in November. We booked mid July, had to change our dates around and even then the only thing available was deluxe. Thankfully a couple days ago we saw an opening at Coronado and switched over but if you check our dates now it's back to only select deluxe resorts.

All park reservations are still open though as well as Christmas party tickets so it all seems a little odd to me. We were waiting in hopes of discounts too but decided to just bite the bullet and book and I'm thankful that we did.

Upvote 0

erstwo

Same in November. We booked mid July, had to change our dates around and even then the only thing available was deluxe. Thankfully a couple days ago we saw an opening at Coronado and switched over but if you check our dates now it's back to only select deluxe resorts.

All park reservations are still open though as well as Christmas party tickets so it all seems a little odd to me. We were waiting in hopes of discounts too but decided to just bite the bullet and book and I'm thankful that we did.
Good (?) to know it’s not just me! Now if everyone else would just cancel their holidays so the three of us can get a discount…….😊

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

On-site resort occupancy levels have no direct correlation to overall park reservations.
Some resorts can fill due to groups or conferences and they don't always go to the parks.

Upvote 0

curry767

I'm wondering if there will be a large drop is reservations at 30 day mark when a lot of people have to pay the balance of their reservations. $200 deposit is pretty cheap way of holding a reservation for a maybe. Considering the rise in inflation, i'm wondering if the cancellation rates are increasing.

Having said this, I don't expect much if any discounts for the 4th quarter based on how Disney management was gushing about the recent parks revenue increase.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Room only Reservations are refundable in full up to five days prior to arrival. Many people prefer this reservation because it has a much better cancellation policy. Also, Discounted Disney tickets are available through authorized resellers so this is always a cheaper way to go if there isn’t some huge promo going on. The AP people do room only as well. I don’t anticipate a room inventory boom happening.

Upvote 0

erstwo

On-site resort occupancy levels have no direct correlation to overall park reservations.
Some resorts can fill due to groups or conferences and they don't always go to the parks.
Just noticed that October 12 now has limited park availability. MK is 'booked up' for that day.

Upvote 0

erstwo

My point was we don't know how many of those park reservations come from on-site Disney rooms or from off-site hotels.
Oh yes - not quoting you to 'prove a point' so to speak. Quoting you because you mentioned park reservations and wanted to let everyone know (who was hoping for a fall discount) - that not only are rooms onsite hard to come by, but there's already a day on the parks reservation calendar with limited availability.

Looking less likely there will be any discounts the week I'm there unfortunately!

Upvote 0

erstwo

Update - as of today, October 12 is back to green - all parks are available to book. Don't know if Wednesday was a fluke or if Disney opened up more reservations for MK....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom