4th of July 2003 Weekend

I love fireworks, so the 4th of July is a special time for me. I have been to Epcot for New Years many times in the past years. Now I wanted to experience 4th of July.

WE left Friday at 5:30AM from Miami and arrived in Orlando about 9:AM. WE first went to our resort, The Polynesian Resort. We have never stayed here and must say that it was beautiful. I have read online all about it, but its not the same like being there.

When we checked in i was amazed to see that a room was ready so early in the morning. The person who checked us in was not really a happy "magical" person....kind of dull....but I got over that quickly.

We went to our room and it was HUGE! We had a Garden view which was also beautiful. So after looking around a bit and reading the info package they give you, we were off to Epcot.

Epcot was not packed at all. You can tell the economy is so bad and not many people are traveling. WE got in with no problems. Security was tight yet quick. The lines.....well again it was unreal to me...the lines all move quickly. On all rides except Test Track which is always super long.

Since I have been a member with WDWMagic, I have been reading about Mission Space. In the past week some members have posted that they are doing a soft opening of the ride after 4:pM. So druing the day while in Future World, we would go check to see if we see any movment.....nothing. FInally at 3:30PM we sat near Mission Space.....and in a matter of minutes, others also came to make a line. ((WDWMagic has alot of followers)).

So we got in line and at 4:pM on the nose, they opened mission space.:sohappy:

We gotinto the ride and lets just say we were blown away by the decor and all the space info all around this area. So blown away that I forgot to take any pictures.

We finally got to the ride...WHAT A RIDE! Its all people say it is and more. I felt like i was really going to space....the graphics...the story line.....its all just out of the world. I only have one negative thing to say....actually i like it and i dont. The A/C which hits you right in the face as your sittingon the ride. Its great because after being outside in all that heat you want to cool down....but people with contact lenses (like me) it dried my eyes up and in the middle of the ride.

Other then that...its just a great ride. I think that Disney has hit it on the nose this time. This is diffrent and makes you want to come back for more. GREAT JOB DISNEY!!!!

After doing Mission Space 3 times we headed out to World Showcase. Saw the new China Movie....very nice. I guess because its more uptodate with the changes that have gone on in China. I loved it.

I noticed that Spain was gone. Does anyone know if Disney is going to bring it back or its just "good bye"?

We saw Morockin.....such a great group to listen to. I have the CD which you can buy at Epcot.....great music.

France....well as always Relaxing and beautiful movie. After I nect to France this year I can say it took me right back to that trip. Yes I did Disneyland Paris, but thats another story for later.

Fianlly 10:pM came around and RoE was about to start....something went wrong....they delayed the show for about 10-15 min. Boats around 10:pM came back on the lagoon to I assume fix whatever the problem was.

Finally it started. It was BEAUTIFUL>......all except the wind changed directions and was blowing to where we were. So the smke came...the ashes came...and i was actually glad to see it was over. Over all It was just a blast to see it....yet i wish the smoke was not coming to us.

Saturday: WE thought we would not do any park....but enjoy the resort. We did. We went to the pool for a while. Great slide and again not packed at all. The beach was beautiful....to sit and catch some rays as you look across and see the Magic Kigndom. What a sight. Druing lunch we took the Monorail to Grand Floridian. Thats another beautiful Resort. WE walked all around and figured this would have to be our next resort we stay at.
WE came back to have lunch at our resort. We just wanted a quick burger from Captain Cooks. IT WAS BAD!!! I mean the service. The cook didnt know what she was doing....they were short staffed......the girl at the front counter was charging people for food but no one was giving it out when it was done...it dook me 20 min to get my food.....not great service.

Finally 8:pM came and we went to the Luau. "Spirit of Aloha" It was a nice show. I loved the food and the presentaion. Service was also great. The show had a storyline which leads to the grand ending of all the traditional dances. Most people I have chatted with didnt like this show. They said it was dull and boring and prefer the old show which was like traditional music and dances from begining to end. I still think this is a good show and is worth seeing.

Fianlly 10:pM, Magic Kigndom Fireworks seen from the beach area....what a sight......

Sunday Morning....this ends our magical trip. Now a drive back to Miami.

Our next trip.....August 2003 (Magic Kigndom and MGM) then October 2003 (Epcot) Wine and food Festival then December 2003 for my b-day.

Will be posting pictures later this week when I get them.

Enjoy

Miamimickey

:wave:

Maria

How lucky, you rode M:S based on what you have read here! Did you find any other wdwmagic members queuing there?:lookaroun

I´m glad you enjoyed The Luau! After all that had been said, it´s good to know you had a nice time there. :)

Where were you watching Illuminations from?

Big Pooh

I work with a former Epcot CM and she mentioned Spain. She talked about it like it was a full permanent pavilion, but I know that it was'nt. Was it there for the Millenium Celebration or did it stay longer than that?

Glad you had a good time on your trip. :) I have to wait Until Nov 3rd to ride M:S. :brick: :zipit: :animwink: I'm jealous of you...I'd love to live close enough to take 4 or 5 short trips a year. I could'nt live any closer than that. I'd go crazy living in Orlando. :eek: :lol:

Cheers :wave:

pjammer

Where were you at for RoE. I was at Germany and had a great view of the show. Although they surprised me when they set fireworks off behind AA. I don't remember that last year?

Spain wasn't installed until the Food and Wine Festival last year. And they took it down for Flower and Garden Festival. No word on wether it will be back this year again for Food and Wine though?

miamimickey72

Original Poster
Hi guys

Well pjammers, I am glad you had a good view....we were parked at the main entrance to World Showcase (from Future World) You know between the two gift shops looking at AA. I always watch it from there because its so close to the fireworks. But this time the wind shifted in the middle of the show towards us....so we had tons of smoke and ashes all over us. Most people started to leave before RoE was even over. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open....but you know i did what i could to do so.

Spain was up for New Years when I was there. So I assume your right...they took it down I guess for Flower Festival (which i missed).

Yes Maria the Luau was actually nice. I mean I can live without doing it again....but I think the food, service and the setting is very nice. I am also glad I did it.

((Pictures coming soon))

dizneycc

RE: Spain

When DH and I were there in December 2002, we talked to the CM's in the store in Spain. They told us that they had originally hoped to be permanent, but it just didn't happen. At that time, they said they only expected to be there a few more weeks. But still had hopes for their return in the future.

:cool:

miamimickey72

Original Poster
Thanks for Spain Update

Its sad that they did not leave Spain. I mean there really was not to much to do but read about the country, but I thought that they would plan to build a building and have spanish dancers and spanish food......somthing like Mexico.

I figured they are so focused on adding new things to Epcot (Mission Space, and Test Track) I thought that World Showcase would be next with a new country.

Well have to wait and see:p

Thanks again for the info.

:wave:
Jon

miamimickey72

Original Poster
how to post pics???

Call me dumb :hammer:

How or where do I need to go to Post my pics? I finally got them on CD and now I have been EVERYWHERE on this site to try to post them ( a photo album) and I have no clue how to.

Can someone guide me in the right direction.

I dont want you all to think I forgot to post them as I promised.

:D

Thanks;)

miamimickey72

Original Poster
I found it

Okay I guess if I was doing universe of energy and Ellen was to read this post i put up...she might call me "Stipid Jon".

I found where to creat my album. So I will upload my pics by end of day today.

Hope you all enjoy them. Album is called "miamimickey72 4th of july 2003"

Its under the member albums.

Enjoy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom