4K Digital Projection Mapping Coming to Spaceship Earth?

P_Radden

Original Poster
Palm trees have been removed near Spaceship Earth:
CcpDc7MWoAAEoIr.jpg large.jpe

One commenter on twitter has speculated that Disney is working on 4K projection mapping for Spaceship Earth.

What do you guys think about this? Anyone have any more info?

Last edited by a moderator:

No Name

Steve did say "cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts." Now they are cutting down trees. I am not surprised, in fact, if they only cut humans, that would be quite unfair. The trees would probably feel ignored.

4K stuff? I find that very hard to believe. As Steve said, they are cutting all around. They haven't added a thing since these cuts began and I see nothing new coming in the next few months so this just wouldn't make sense.

DeathStar.jpg
I suspect it is to project the Death Star every night.

Oh goodnessl I still cringe when I see that. Have to appreciate that the people at Disney haven't reached the epitome of stupidity.

No Name

Okay, serious post now. I'm thinking, in the slim chance that it's actually for 4K projection mapping, I hope the projectors aren't being installed in that spot. If I were making that decision, I would put the equipment on top of the restrooms to the left. That way, nobody could... I don't know... stand in front of the projector(s)? :rolleyes:

Unless they plan to elevate the projectors on some poles or support structures, in which case it would still make far more sense to place them on the building.

Or unless the palm trees are being removed because they block the view, which is very possible. I'd think we would have seen some signs of projectors being installed before this removal but what do I know?

Or hey, maybe they're just changing the landscaping like they do every few years. yesterland.com has some good articles and pictures of landscaping/decorating changes, if you want to see how this could just be a normal occurance.

dstrawn9889

Okay, serious post now. I'm thinking, in the slim chance that it's actually for 4K projection mapping, I hope the projectors aren't being installed in that spot. If I were making that decision, I would put the equipment on top of the restrooms to the left. That way, nobody could... I don't know... stand in front of the projector(s)? :rolleyes:

Unless they plan to elevate the projectors on some poles or support structures, in which case it would still make far more sense to place them on the building.

Or unless the palm trees are being removed because they block the view, which is very possible. I'd think we would have seen some signs of projectors being installed before this removal but what do I know?

Or hey, maybe they're just changing the landscaping like they do every few years. yesterland.com has some good articles and pictures of landscaping/decorating changes, if you want to see how this could just be a normal occurance.
it would have to be more than a pole... the projectors for cinderella castle have their own footings, isolated from the buildings that they 'sit' upon (IIRRC), to limit all vibration

cspencer96

it would have to be more than a pole... the projectors for cinderella castle have their own footings, isolated from the buildings that they 'sit' upon (IIRRC), to limit all vibration
I don't know how they'd be totally separate from the building, as they were added well after the construction of the buildings they rest on. But yes, they would have systems in place to ensure they remain aligned properly and return to the correct position when lifted into place for the evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom