4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The last time I was in Chicago the hotel I was staying at (Hyatt Rosemont) was hosting a “furry convention” that started the day I was checking out. I’ll take a bunch of actual dogs running around any day over a bunch of people dressed up as animals;) Look it up...its a real thing
Oh...I've been on the deep dark parts of the net long enough (yeesh, going on 30 years now) to know what a Furry is.

Interesting. :p

AEfx

Hey, everyone complaining! Here's an idea....stay at one of the many OTHER resorts that won't allow this! Or request a room in a different wing! Geez, you people make it sound like they are getting rid of Figment or something! Breathe everyone.....just, breathe!!!

Again, deep breathe in....and then out!!!
And please let us know how many dogs ruined your trip! I'm very interested to know!
Have a magical trip!

Thank you so much for your insight. You have transformed this thread with your wit and spirit.

AEfx

giphy.gif

It's so amusing watching a smoking thread that isn't about smoking.

I know, especially since if this were - people would be outraged that they have to see such a thing, much less be around it.

"It's OK, my cigarette smoke doesn't leave a smell behind, so you should have no problem staying in the room after..."

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I agree with that. Someone has reported that they did get their resort switched and after sticking to their guns about it, and got what would have been an extra $400 cost waived.
That was me.

We had booked 10 nights at POR in a King Room with paid upgrade to Regular Free DDP (BounceBack offer) with 10 day PH passes for $4517.98, including cancellation insurance.

Exact same room, passes, cancellation insurance, and dining back at CSR (which is where we’ve been for the past four years) was quoted at $4912 and some odd cents.

I said no. I was more than happy to try POR for a year until CSR’s construction was done. Right up until they flipped the switch.

Same room, mod to a mod ... I’m not paying $400 more, considering I didn’t even really want to go back to Coronado next year.

Literally more than an hour and a half on international long distance to get a no charge transfer is outrageous. Why does Disney not have a toll free number? (Rhetorical question. We all know why.)

ETA - in most room categories, CSR is actually cheaper than POR. Not the King bed category though.

Last edited:

trainplane3

The last time I was in Chicago the hotel I was staying at (Hyatt Rosemont) was hosting a “furry convention” that started the day I was checking out. I’ll take a bunch of actual dogs running around any day over a bunch of people dressed up as animals;) Look it up...its a real thing
Come to Pittsburgh, we apparently have the biggest one. They may be weird people, but they haven't causes issues downtown and they bring the city a decent chunk of money. It's hilarious, they're like a legit attraction here every summer. People come out to watch the parade.

R W B

Better question, how do the dogs feel about being locked in a hotel room all day?
My dogs are kennel trained. They are use to it due to my wife and I both working. We'll have no issues coming back a few times each day for bathroom breaks and whatnot. Plus we live in a condominium so we are use to having to walk our dogs and pick up after them ($75 condo fine if we don't.) Now granted, most people are not use to this lifestyle but we are.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That was me.

We had booked 10 nights at POR in a King Room with paid upgrade to Regular Free DDP (BounceBack offer) with 10 day PH passes for $4517.98, including cancellation insurance.

Exact same room, passes, cancellation insurance, and dining back at CSR (which is where we’ve been for the past four years) was quoted at $4912 and some odd cents.

I said no. I was more than happy to try POR for a year until CSR’s construction was done. Right up until they flipped the switch.

Same room, mod to a mod ... I’m not paying $400 more, considering I didn’t even really want to go back to Coronado next year.

Literally more than an hour and a half on international long distance to get a no charge transfer is outrageous. Why does Disney not have a toll free number? (Rhetorical question. We all know why.)

ETA - in most room categories, CSR is actually cheaper than POR. Not the King bed category though.
No, actually, I don't know why they don't have a toll free international number.

Without getting too much into it (and how I know), international tolling (especially for Canucks like you to a US number) is...pretty friggin cheap.

One of the worst things I ever had to deal with was booking, and then cancelling, my DLP reservations...

It is, really, unacceptable.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
No, actually, I don't know why they don't have a toll free international number.

Without getting too much into it (and how I know), international tolling (especially for Canucks like you to a US number) is...pretty friggin cheap.

One of the worst things I ever had to deal with was booking, and then cancelling, my DLP reservations...

It is, really, unacceptable.
And yet, we pay.
Which is exactly why they don’t have to implement a toll free number.

I have free Canada wide LD calling, but I think I pay 10 or 20 cents/minute to the US. So, once you add HST, today’s call cost me $10 or $20. It would have cost Disney a tiny fraction of that, I’m sure.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
And yet, we pay.
Which is exactly why they don’t have to implement a toll free number.

I have free Canada wide LD calling, but I think I pay 10 or 20 cents/minute to the US. So, once you add HST, today’s call cost me $10 or $20. It would have cost Disney a tiny fraction of that, I’m sure.
Heh.

I implemented a system that has "free" long distance to and from Mexico/Canada with a US based call in number for a small business. The way I was able to do it was how I routed the calls once they came into the phone system.

Disney uses NICE and a few other contractors for their phone systems (also something I won't tell you how I know), and they are well aware of how to do it (if they chose to think outside they box). There are no legal reasons (e.g., setting up avoidance sites) to do it, as the local fees and costs (by that, I mean the required taxes/fees) are paid within the jurisdictions.

They choose not to do it.

I'm not trying to get too deep into this, cuz not really thread topical...but...there is functionally zero reason why Disney doesn't do this that I can understand.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Come to Pittsburgh, we apparently have the biggest one. They may be weird people, but they haven't causes issues downtown and they bring the city a decent chunk of money. It's hilarious, they're like a legit attraction here every summer. People come out to watch the parade.
It actually looked like a good party. We were waiting for the shuttle to go back to the airport and car after car pulled up unloading cases of beer and liquor. It was a little shocking coming out of a convention room and seeing multiple people in animal suits walking around the lobby. I thought maybe it was a college sports team mascot or something at first but then realized it wasn’t.

Nubs70

Just like Bronies. Actually saw a real live Bronie at the airport in Toronto last summer

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In all honesty if dogs were in charge, the world would probably not have the problems it does. Just throwing that bone out there.

Agree

The issue is...she shouldn't have had to stick to anything... They should have granted her the request immediately.

Remember Disney these days is run under Ferengi business principles

Rule of Acquisition #1

"Once you have their money, Never give it back"

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Heh.

I implemented a system that has "free" long distance to and from Mexico/Canada with a US based call in number for a small business. The way I was able to do it was how I routed the calls once they came into the phone system.

Disney uses NICE and a few other contractors for their phone systems (also something I won't tell you how I know), and they are well aware of how to do it (if they chose to think outside they box). There are no legal reasons (e.g., setting up avoidance sites) to do it, as the local fees and costs (by that, I mean the required taxes/fees) are paid within the jurisdictions.

They choose not to do it.

I'm not trying to get too deep into this, cuz not really thread topical...but...there is functionally zero reason why Disney doesn't do this that I can understand.

Disney's sorry history with tech I think is adequate explanation. They probably have no one on staff who even understands that toll avoidance is possible.

Just as Disney's sorry excuse for Mousekeeping is the driver for this entire thread. Dogs are not the problem Disney's unwillingness to pay for an adequate Mousekeeping staff of late is.

If this was happening in the 'Before Iger' era One this would have been well thought out pre-implementation with care and consideration to the Allergy/Smell/Phobia issues and I can't imagine that a 'Doggie Day Care' would not have been a component of this program and we would be discussing what a good idea this is.

In the 'Iger Era' we have a rushed effort to tack 50 bucks on to the room rate before the holiday season with no apparent thought about the logistics or impacts of Dogs on other guests, Much of the ire directed at this is driven by Mousekeeping being unable to maintain current industry standards without the presence of pets.

John park hopper

Disney's sorry history with tech I think is adequate explanation. They probably have no one on staff who even understands that toll avoidance is possible.

Just as Disney's sorry excuse for Mousekeeping is the driver for this entire thread. Dogs are not the problem Disney's unwillingness to pay for an adequate Mousekeeping staff of late is.

If this was happening in the 'Before Iger' era One this would have been well thought out pre-implementation with care and consideration to the Allergy/Smell/Phobia issues and I can't imagine that a 'Doggie Day Care' would not have been a component of this program and we would be discussing what a good idea this is.

In the 'Iger Era' we have a rushed effort to tack 50 bucks on to the room rate before the holiday season with no apparent thought about the logistics or impacts of Dogs on other guests, Much of the ire directed at this is driven by Mousekeeping being unable to maintain current industry standards without the presence of pets.

I agree with you, it seems like another money grab ($50) tacked on to the room charge. This idea could work if an ounce of thought went into it. Current rooms IMO are not designed to house dogs for 7 hours or more a day. As I posted earlier design a resort specificlly for dog owners. It is not only Allergy/Smell/Phopia issues it is how do you control fleas. I can vouch my Golden Retriever is flea free but can the previous guest say the same. WIll CM inspect dogs? Will my dog or I be subjected to fleas from the previous guest? How does Mousekeeping address that issue; will they routinely spray the rooms with insecticide between guests? IMO good idea but very very poor execution

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom