4 Day Labor Day Weekend Trip

My FIRST trip to WDW whooo hooo!!!!! 3 couples went all around ages 22-26. Here goes:

Friday - Aug 29 '03
Arrive at MCO 10am. Took YourRide.net transportation to Grosvenor Resort after making a stop at the grocery to pick up snacks/drinks. Upon arriving at Grosvenor around 11ish, 1 of 3 rooms was ready although I requested early check in 6 weeks ago. We moved all our luggage into the one room and left for MGM. The RESORT shuttle(after 30 min wait) arrived and took us to MGM. Wow, was it a nice hot day! Ate lunch hotdog/chicken fingers then FP to the Indiana Jones show. Great FXs and action! We then headed over to the Drew Carey show. Interesting show although we sat in the dark for 10 mins. We then headed over to the Little Mermaid show which was spectacular! Great decoration and all. Following this was the Tower of Terror which was a GREAT ride. The multiple drops on the ride catches you off guard! I loved this ride! After this ride we checked out Aerosmith's roller coaster which I must say is the ABSOLUTE best roller coaster I've been on at WDW. The quick acceleration really is a THRILL as is the rest of the ride. We then watched Beauty and the Beast which was also entertaining. The costumes, stage layout, performers...everything - just AWESOME. Lastly, we waited 2 hours for the final show Fantasmic. This show is truly something of it's own kinds. MAGNIFICENT. After this show, the park was closed...we attempted to take the Hotel Shuttle back but the lines were long..so we opted to take the taxi back. We were in bed by 10:30pm cause we had been up for over 24 hrs traveling on plane from CA.

SATURDAY - Aug 30
We were off to Animal Kingdom by 11am. As soon as we walked outside the hotel, the shuttle bus was already there so no wait! Upon coming to the park we took pictures with Timone(Lion King) and headed straight for the Kilimanjaro Safari. Great experience seeing all the animals, and it's soo cool how they drive the vehicles through water! Grabbed a bite to eat then headed off for the raft ride (Fast pass). They ride was AWESOME but it sucked cause it was soooo short. The scenery and everything rocked and you get drenched, but ride is like maybe 2 mins long?
While walking around we saw a plant lady who i thought at first was a machine. But it really was a woman. Really trippy, but pretty cool! Check out the famous "Tree" (Tree of Life?) which had maybe interesting "carvings". Checked out Dinosaur which was an awesome thrilling ride - (similar in style to Indiana Jones in Disneyland). After this we checked out Goofy's roller coaster -cute ride. Then Headed over to "3D bug's life". After this show it was about 430 and we had to head back to the hotel for the Murder Mystery Dinner(6pm). Caught the shuttle home after waiting for 30mins. Murder mystery dinner was kinda cheesy but entertaining. I enjoyed the unlimited buffet and red, white, and white-zin wines! After dinner we went back to our hotel rooms to get ready for Pleasure Island partying. We went off to PI and partied the night away!

Weather: Before embarking on this trip, weather.com told me there was going to be thunder storms everyday which ed me off. All i can say is there was only about 5 mins of rain/sprinkling my entire trip!!!! I was soo happy the weather was great!

Any questions or concerns, email me at XtraShyGuy@aol.com. I'd be MORE than happy to answer questions!

More to come on my trip report....Magic Kingdom and Epcot....:sohappy:

NewWDWFanatic

Original Poster
If you're looking for a super nice deluxe hotel, this probably isn't the place for you. When I walked in, I didn't really feel the disney "magic" or anything special like that. If you're looking for a nice place to stay without burning a hole in your pocket this is a good choice. I actually stayed on the West Wing on the 5th floor. The elevator is small and the hallways have a mildewy smell which was unpleasant. The rooms itself were just fine. The room was clean and housekeeping gave us new towels, soap etc everyday. There's a fridge to keep snacks and drinks so that's always nice. I've heard the tower rooms are great. You may want to upgrade to those for a nicer stay. I swam in the two pools which is always nice to have and stopped by the hottub. There's also a tennis / basketball court which is always nice to have. One of the best reasons to stay there is because it's right across from Downtown Disney. Hope this helps your decision making.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom