4 adults, a 3- & 2-yr-old: Where to Stay?

k.hunter30

My husband and I will be in Orlando for a conference in April and have been going back and forth on whether or not to bring the kiddos for their first visit to WDW. If we do, my parents will come along and watch them for the 2 days we are at the conference. So the question is.... where would be the best place to stay?

We will most likely drive, and so will have a vehicle. We contemplated staying off-property in a house (as they seem like SUCH a better value with a group our size), but would hate to miss out on the very convenient free transportation that the WDW resorts offer, and which my parents would take full advantage of with the kiddos while we are at our meetings. We also heard from a friend that the Buena Vista Suites might be a good option, but I'm not sure how frequent and "easy" their transportation would be.

We have considered the suites at All-Star Music, but we would really love better accomodations than just a one-bedroom, pull-out couch and pull-out chairs. I believe there is a suite option at Saratoga, but for double (at least) the price of the All-Star!

Two regular rooms would be an option, but we like the convenience of also having a kitchen/ette.

I would love your input!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For maximum comfort and privacy at a reasonable price you really can't beat 2 standard rooms at a value resort. While having the mini kitchen is nice, the cost of having it does tend to outweigh its value.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

You could look into renting DVC points. For most of April you would need to rent about 300 points for 1 week in a 2 bedroom villa, and most rentals are around 9-13 bucks a point, so figure 3,000-3,250. This is well below the regular rack rate of $715 (late April) per night, totaling $5005. Still more than doing a family suite or two regular rooms, but you get your kitchenette.

Upvote 0

mrsdanalind

My husband and I will be in Orlando for a conference in April and have been going back and forth on whether or not to bring the kiddos for their first visit to WDW. If we do, my parents will come along and watch them for the 2 days we are at the conference. So the question is.... where would be the best place to stay?

We will most likely drive, and so will have a vehicle. We contemplated staying off-property in a house (as they seem like SUCH a better value with a group our size), but would hate to miss out on the very convenient free transportation that the WDW resorts offer, and which my parents would take full advantage of with the kiddos while we are at our meetings. We also heard from a friend that the Buena Vista Suites might be a good option, but I'm not sure how frequent and "easy" their transportation would be.

We have considered the suites at All-Star Music, but we would really love better accomodations than just a one-bedroom, pull-out couch and pull-out chairs. I believe there is a suite option at Saratoga, but for double (at least) the price of the All-Star!

Two regular rooms would be an option, but we like the convenience of also having a kitchen/ette.

I would love your input!

You could try the new Art of Animation suits, which are nice, or maybe one of the villas on property. I guess it would depend on what you are able to spend on accomodations.
:wave:]

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

Original Poster
Thanks for the info thus far guys! We are "able" to spend a good amount, but I always have a hard time paying the ridiculous costs of some of the resorts. To me, it's just not worth it. But I'm a proud Dave Ramsey saver! I didn't think the Art of Animation rooms would be open by then. Am I mistaken?

I think in addition to the kitchenette, my parents would really like the table and chairs and living space of a suite, as they will be taking care of the two toddlers.

I think we've definitely decided to stay on-property. Still contemplating the specifics. Keep the info coming!

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

You could also look into a Fort Wilderness cabin. Sleeps 6, bunk beds, full size bed and a queen Murphy bed; also a full kitchen. There is lots to do at FW for the kiddos, my kids loved staying in the cabins

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Thanks for the info thus far guys! We are "able" to spend a good amount, but I always have a hard time paying the ridiculous costs of some of the resorts. To me, it's just not worth it. But I'm a proud Dave Ramsey saver! I didn't think the Art of Animation rooms would be open by then. Am I mistaken? No you are correct. They do not open until May.

I think in addition to the kitchenette, my parents would really like the table and chairs and living space of a suite, as they will be taking care of the two toddlers.

I think we've definitely decided to stay on-property. Still contemplating the specifics. Keep the info coming!

All Star movies-family suites may work for you,
fort Wilderness Cabins- this may also work but keep in mind that this is an immense property and chances are you will need to rent a golf cart to get around which is over $50 a day.
2 rooms at a Value resort with connecting rooms, but no kitchenette although you will have a nice foodcourt on property.
A deluxe room that sleeps 6 at either the Boardwalk or the Beach Club which is on concierge level so your parents can pop down to the concierge lounge for coffee or a snack. These rooms have 2 queen beds plus a queen sleep sofa.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom