4/25 Illuminations Earth Globe problems

peter11435

Original Poster
I went to Epcot again tonight to catch Illuminations. Overall the show was great as usual but they were having some serious TD with the earth globe. The globe did not spin at all during the show and then at the end it did not open. Thus the flame inside never came on nor did the pyro shoot from the flame. I have seen both problems before (no spinning/not opening) but never on the same night.

CrashNet

Sounds like they had a complete failure of the engine that drives the globe's mechanical parts. Unfortunately once its out on the water, if it fails or a computer crashes after the show starts, I don't believe it can be fixed until after the show is over. Such a shame though...the globe opening is one of the biggest "oh-ah" getters in the show.

peter11435

Original Poster
unkadug said:
Could this have been a side effect of the damage from 2 weeks ago with the bridge?
No because I have seen the show at least three times since the bridge incident and the globe has worked perfectly every night until tonight.

jmvd20

peter11435 said:
No because I have seen the show at least three times since the bridge incident and the globe has worked perfectly every night until tonight.

3 times in a few weeks, ya know you really make me jealous being able to go there that often. You do make up for it with the updates and pics though:wave:

The barge problem may have something to do with us coming there for vacation in a few weeks. Last time we there was last Sept. and on our first day the barge had the malfunction which out it out of commission for a long time. I haven't seen the full version of Illuminations in a few years know so I hope 3 weeks is enough for them to fix it!

peter11435

Original Poster
I just wanted to point out that I watched Illuminations again last night and the Globe worked perfectly.

Mecha Figment

I was actualy there on the 25th as well.. did you notice the fairly major fire that started on the laser reflector island. I was wondering what they were goign to do about it then a speed boat zipped past us while the show was going on.

peter11435

Original Poster
Mecha Figment said:
I was actualy there on the 25th as well.. did you notice the fairly major fire that started on the laser reflector island. I was wondering what they were goign to do about it then a speed boat zipped past us while the show was going on.
No I didn't notice that, wish I had. To be honest I had a very bad view of the show that night as I got over there just minutes before show time.

personally i think the globe is pointless, i mean really, but i will say that the fireworks that come out of it are cool, so i guess that i dont really like the video part... just a thought

MickeyMan101

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom