4/18 WDW Photo Update

peter11435

Original Poster
I know it’s been a while since my last photo update. But this one will be pretty large so hopefully it will make up for the long wait.

Now lets just get to the pictures.

Click any image to see a larger version

Animal Kingdom

Work continues at the future site of Finding Nemo - The Musical.

I can't wait to see how they plan to theme this wall along the water.

Magic Kingdom

Close-up shot of the new wall around Timekeeper. This is the wall over the entrance doors.

This wall is on the path between Timekeeper and the Tomorrowland Terrace.

MK was very busy today. It was much busier than it was on Easter. This photo shows the line for POTC which was backed up out of the building. This was the first time I had ever seen that. Some wait times around the park were as follows:

Splash Mountain - 100 minutes
Space Mountain - 70 minutes
Thunder Mountain -60 minutes
Small World - 40 minutes
Buzz - 50 minutes
Haunted Mansion - 30 minutes
Stitch - 40 minutes

peter11435

Original Poster
Epcot

There was an engineering guy working on one of the Epcot directional signs. Merf will be very happy to know that the flashing lights were once again working on this sign after he was done. However the spinning part on the top has been removed. I don't know if it is gone for good or simply being worked on.

A construction wall up around the long closed Viking ship play area in Norway.

Flower and Garden Prep

Cinderella and Prince Charming behind SSE

Display behind Innoventions East

Flowers planted around the new trees near UoE

Butterfly garden

Butterfly garden up with painted screens

Mickey and Minnie

Belle and the Beast

peter11435

Original Poster
Lady and the Tramp

Troll in Norway

Panda in China

More Pandas

So far they have also installed topiaries of Bambi, Thumper, Snow White, Dopey, Doc, Grumpy, Sleepy, Tinker belle, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eyore, Piglet, and an assortment of perfume bottles. Unfortunately I don't have photos of them yet.

Floating baskets in Future World

Flowers in the UK

Close-up of one of the plants around SSE

The following two photos were taken on Easter. They are off the Easter pre-parade that ran half-hour before the SADCT parade.

That’s all for this update, hope you enjoy.

Teenchy

Thanks Peter you da man.

I just planted some flowers in a couple of flower boxes this afternoon at home...not quite as impressive as Epcots flowers!

ArielBelle

Awesome pictures! Do they leave the beautiful flowers up past the F&G Festival, or do they take them all down immediately? Seems like such a waste if they do..

Also...call me stupid, but when/why did the Norway Viking Ship become out of commission?

Thanks again...I feel the magic through the pictures!:wave:

DSNYKID

Thanks for the great photos! I always looked forward to seeing them. We leave for WDW on Saturday! Yippee! Was it really hot? Trying to figure out what to pack. Thanks!:sohappy:

SewIn2Disney

The panda picture is awesome! The flowers look awesome!

I hope the spinny things on top of the signs in Epcot will return. They add such a wonderful kinetic feel to future world. I actually took a small video clip of them my last trip there for some reason. I've always loved watching them while listening to the fountain music in the background, very serene and relaxing.

peter11435

Original Poster
ArielBelle said:
Awesome pictures! Do they leave the beautiful flowers up past the F&G Festival, or do they take them all down immediately? Seems like such a waste if they do..:

The F&G festivel displays are removed immediately after the Festival.

ArielBelle said:
Also...call me stupid, but when/why did the Norway Viking Ship become out of commission?

I can't say exactly but it has been closed for a very long time now.

peter11435

Original Poster
SewIn2Disney said:
The panda picture is awesome! The flowers look awesome!

I hope the spinny things on top of the signs in Epcot will return. They add such a wonderful kinetic feel to future world. I actually took a small video clip of them my last trip there for some reason. I've always loved watching them while listening to the fountain music in the background, very serene and relaxing.
Just to clarify the spinning part has only been removed from that one sign. They seem to be working hard lately to get many of them working again. Just a few months ago almost none of them were working. But lately many of them have been working again. Unfortunately each time they get one working it doesn't seem to take long until it’s broke again.

Pooh For Presid

Thanks for the update.

The ladies in the hoop skirts in the last two pictures from Easter, are they azalea trail maids from Mobile? The dresses look exactly like what they where. Not to say that pastel colored hoop skirts are reserved to people from Mobile.

Mobile is where I was born and raised and it made me think of home. (for anyone who cares, Mobile is Alabama's port city and the trail maids are High School Seniors and Juniors that act as Mobile's official ambassadors and are brought out for all kinds of different events)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Thanks for the update. :wave:

I really like the Lady and the Tramp topiary picture.

Then I was blown away by the China Panda. :eek: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom