3rd times a charm...

aimeeg

Original Poster
Finally after the 3rd attempt at ROFR and disney taking the last 2 contracts i tried to buy... i passed yesterday!!! Couple questions that i hope someone can answer? Seller did not disclose that she had a reservation booked this summer and then changed it to december so i cant close until after she checks out on the 17th...i had planned on paying dues monthly but now at the last minute i was told that ill have to pay all of 2018 dues at closing because its so close. has this ever happened to anyone w/resale? I want the contract and can wait to close late however its frustrating that the seller never divulged the information re the upcoming trip to the resale broker until now. just looking for feedback and whether or not ill have to pay the entire dues at closing or if there are other options? had this been disclosed on the listing like it should have been...i may not have made the offer on that contract. also we travel typically last week of apr every year and seeing as we wont have membership info until some time in janurary what are the odds of getting our choice resort 3 mos out? beach club is our plan or possibly poly. any feedback would be so helpful!

harryk

Finally after the 3rd attempt at ROFR and disney taking the last 2 contracts i tried to buy... i passed yesterday!!! Couple questions that i hope someone can answer? Seller did not disclose that she had a reservation booked this summer and then changed it to december so i cant close until after she checks out on the 17th...i had planned on paying dues monthly but now at the last minute i was told that ill have to pay all of 2018 dues at closing because its so close. has this ever happened to anyone w/resale? I want the contract and can wait to close late however its frustrating that the seller never divulged the information re the upcoming trip to the resale broker until now. just looking for feedback and whether or not ill have to pay the entire dues at closing or if there are other options? had this been disclosed on the listing like it should have been...i may not have made the offer on that contract. also we travel typically last week of apr every year and seeing as we wont have membership info until some time in janurary what are the odds of getting our choice resort 3 mos out? beach club is our plan or possibly poly. any feedback would be so helpful!
Depends on the size of the unit -- Studios go really fast, and then it is a matter of luck.

correcaminos

I would take that up with your listing company. The seller should forfeit his/her reservation IMO. That should have been disclosed immediately.

IMO they should pay dues due at closing if they do not. That's just wrong. Your broker does work for both you and the seller but they should be talking compensation.

3 months out like March? I would say it's iffy. I wouldn't plan for BCV or PVB unless you are doing a 1 bed at BCV (none obviously at PVB). Maybe AKL, SSR, or OKW. March is not super busy like the fall, but it's still kind of busy. I've done it at 4 months but in a 1 bedroom. I haven't tried PVB inside of the 7 month mark.

Phonedave

As was said, you really should take this up with your listing agent.

We just bought a stripped contract, and the seller wanted us to pay dues for the stripped year. The broker basically made them pay the dues. Your seller should be selling an unencumbered contract, or should have clearly stated the issues up front. They really should be canceling their trip at this point.

And yes, 3 months out will be tight for the resorts you mentioned. You should be able to find a room size that you want at SSR, but I would not count on BCV or Poly. Not saying it cant happen, but dont count on it.

-dave

ottbMom

Yeah, I would be pretty angry. That is a major deal breaker. I would walk away if they won't cancel their vacation. Very low of them to not disclose.

aimeeg

Original Poster
thank you for the helpful responses. the agent was less than helpful when i expressed that she had no right to change the reservation and not notify him before the process began. I am waiting to hear back from the agent and told him that if the dues arent paid by the seller, the deal is off.

correcaminos

thank you for the helpful responses. the agent was less than helpful when i expressed that she had no right to change the reservation and not notify him before the process began. I am waiting to hear back from the agent and told him that if the dues arent paid by the seller, the deal is off.
Good luck! I hope that you get what you like. I personally think the reservation needs to be canceled - too bad so sad for the owner but what they did was wrong IMO and shady.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom