3D Re-Releases of Star Wars: Episode II and Episode III Cancelled....

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
3D Re-Releases of Star Wars: Episode II and Episode III Cancelled

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99448

Source: Deadline
January 28, 2013
starwars3d.jpg
Although plans were underway for theatrical 3D re-releases of both Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, Deadline reports that Lucasfilm will instead concentrate their attention on the upcoming Episode VII instead.

It is unclear how much post-conversion work has already been accomplished on the two remaining prequels (Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menance saw a 3D re-release last year), but it is possible that both films could find a theatrical re-release sometime in the future or that the 3D versions could be released directly to Blu-ray.

Plans also called for the eventual re-release of the original trilogy, although no release dates had been announced. Those plans, too, appear to be off the table for the time being.

UPDATE: Lucasfilm has now released the following official statement:

Lucasfilm has decided to postpone this fall's scheduled release of Star Wars Episodes II and III in 3D. Given the recent development that we are moving forward with a new Star Wars trilogy, we will now focus 100 percent of our efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII in order to ensure the best possible experience for our fans. We will post further information about our 3D release plans at a later date.

Can we go yet?

How hard is it to put your movie in a theater? ._.
I'm pretty bummed out, I for one Love Attack of the Clones (It's lightyears ahead of Phantom Menace -_- ) I was sorta looking forward to seeing this and the little mermaid in theaters.

erasure fan1

I was looking forward to taking my daughter to attack of the clones because that's her favorite of the prequels. Really I was hoping to take her to all 6 movies but oh well. What seems to not make scene is they canceled them to focus 100% on the new movie. But they couldn't have had that much left to do on EPII, the release was in September. I get postponing 3, 4, 5 and 6 for now but EPII had to be fairly close to completion.

NYwdwfan

As much as I dislike Phantom Menace as a whole, I actually enjoyed taking the kids to see it in 3D because they LOVED it. The Darth Maul/Qui Gon/Obi Wan fight in 3D on the big screen was pretty intense. Although it did bum me out a bit to pay $36 for 3 tickets to a movie that is sitting atop my DVD player at home.

flavious27

Kind of a smart idea. The time will allow better technology to rework the movies into 3d, along with a better delivery method.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom