3D Everest... Ha!

djronnieb

Original Poster
So that whole thing with the girl holding the 3D glasses in front of EE last month turned out to be wrong. Meaning that there is no 3D effect on EE. Anyone care to add to this???

Epcot82Guy

It still hasn't officially opened yet... :lookaroun

Just kidding. They were clearly ITTBAB glasses that she likely had picked up or forgotten to replace.

brkgnews

Yes. I'll add that the majority of us said "Don't hold your breath. It won't happen. They just picked up some other glasses."

Shaman

djronnieb said:
So that whole thing with the girl holding the 3D glasses in front of EE last month turned out to be wrong. Meaning that there is no 3D effect on EE. Anyone care to add to this???

So?

If people didn't share what they see and/or hear, then we wouldn't get word of half the things that are in the works or will be in the works....besides posting a picture with a question is nowhere close to saying something WILL happen or be included....

Sometimes people are right, and sometimes they're not....that is why part of this forum has the word "rumor" in it....

I believe we heard news about the Tarzan replacement when the 3D glasses were mentioned...so it can't be all that bad.

:)

Nicole

will_hsv said:
How can you have a mountain with a roller coaster going through it that is not 3D?

:drevil:

I'm with you on this one. Of course EE is 3D. It's just not "virtual" 3D. Real life is 3D too. Or maybe 4D? I was never very good at science.

Jose Eber

From what I heard, they wanted to make the shadow effect 3d and give you time to put on glasses before you enter the tunnel (hence the wait).

The tunnel is right now dark, but apparently with the snow and stuff they wanted to put in there it was supposed to look real cool, but only disorientated you.

There are some cool 3D cameras out there...
pr-060117-3dvx3-3qtr_sm.jpg

Not that they'd use one for the animation -- but with the new technology (and the fact that you'd be still during the 3d movie --it was supposed to be a cool effect.

Probably scrapped.

J.

EpcotServo

Jose Eber said:
From what I heard, they wanted to make the shadow effect 3d and give you time to put on glasses before you enter the tunnel (hence the wait).

The tunnel is right now dark, but apparently with the snow and stuff they wanted to put in there it was supposed to look real cool, but only disorientated you.

There are some cool 3D cameras out there...

Not that they'd use one for the animation -- but with the new technology (and the fact that you'd be still during the 3d movie --it was supposed to be a cool effect.

Probably scrapped.

J.
That would've been very cheesy. I love the shadow of the yeti. You can hardly tell it's a projected image. (Oh, and Jose there are mist effects inside the mountain, they were just turned off the other night due to the coldness.)

Jose Eber

Yah, I've seen the fog effects and mist effects -- I'm glad they took them offline --- it was cold!

It probably looks really cool with the fog in there.

SirGoofy

EpcotServo said:
That would've been very cheesy. I love the shadow of the yeti. You can hardly tell it's a projected image. (Oh, and Jose there are mist effects inside the mountain, they were just turned off the other night due to the coldness.)

Yea I have to agree that it would have made no sense for you to put on 3-D glasses for a train ride through the Himillayas. Though, they would have made up something about eye protection. I'm also glad to hear there are mist effects and such in the mountain.

CoffeeJedi

Jose Eber said:

that doesn't make any sense, shadows aren't 3D in real life

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom