Trip Report **COMPLETED** 364 Days and 8 Canceled Trips Later !

HI EVERYONE!!! I AM BACK AFTER A VERY LONG ABSENCE FROM THE BOARDS!!! WOOHOO! (sorry to all the trip reports I missed)

There were many days when I did not feel like this day would ever come. I am very good at compartmentalizing my life and hiding my emotions - it’s a bad coping mechanism I learned in residency. However, COVID got to me. Every single day was exhausting. For months and months and months. I think there were periods of time I worked more than I even worked in residency. I could not even feel that sad about not being on vacation because I was so burnt out. AND, I don’t even work in a hospital so I can’t even imagine what those healthcare workers were feeling. For weeks (really months) I did not sleep. I constantly worried about my patients who were sick and after treating/testing my own COVID patients I was terrified I would give it to my family.
A3F8A3DA-B09B-4354-A58E-674021929BE9.jpeg

01D08CF0-281C-4091-96F1-319E1B8DA870.jpeg

The few times I would go somewhere that felt fun I stressed for weeks after that it was a mistake. I obviously did not plan on going into medicine and having to deal with a pandemic. There was no outlet and we talked about it at work over and over again how none of us could leave or escape because of all the travel restrictions. Even when we were “off” there was no true mental break. I tried to make my YouTube videos and work on my Instagram, but I just wasn’t really into it. I was angry at people who got to go to Disney. I was jealous but I also felt like it was so irresponsible to travel during the big surges. I had way too many patients who got sick after travel so it just made me anxious to see it more than anything. My Mom would constantly tell me she was depressed that she could not be in Disney and I just did not feel the same way. I knew I would be anxious the whole time being there. But…then a ray of light hit in the form of a vaccine. I was so happy to receive my first dose right before Christmas. It was truly the best Christmas gift.
4BE62FEF-1D8C-4DF2-9952-C538DCD2AADC.jpeg

Then - my Mom was able to get hers too because she works in the dental field. A few weeks after my first shot (and a very depressing holiday season because I was quarantined after a work exposure) one of my co-workers who runs all our COVID stuff told me we could go to Florida since we were both vaccinated (and fully vaccinated before we leave). It was a shock, but we were both so excited! I still was not 100 percent ready to go without doing my research. The UK strain made me super anxious so I studied the numbers, the data, the vaccine efficacy against it etc and I felt like it was OK to go. I also asked all my co-workers and did as much due diligence as I could. Everyone told me go!!

WHO?: The usual....my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
Photo from our last trip before COVID
616D5A02-0E9B-47E4-9A24-6D7994E124EA.jpeg

When?
February 19 - February 27, 2021 (took me a bit to get this TR started)

Where?
Yacht Club :) Nice AP deal!

February 19, 2021 - Day 1
Our flight was not until a little bit later in the morning, but one of the few things that kept me sane this last year was working out so I kept on my regular schedule and got up at 5 am to work out.
Airport ready!
tempImageG4cVK9.jpg

Then I had a work meeting at 7 am so I listened to that while waiting for my parents to pick me up!
My meeting went extra long so it lasted the whole drive to the airport, but at least I did not have time to get nervous along the way!
Guys...we were so out of practice for travel. I do not travel lightly and usually my Mom takes some of my stuff but this time she did not since we really did not decide we were officially going until right before the trip. So, both of my suitcases weighed 53 pounds :hilarious:. I was honesty going to pay the fee because I was so embarrassed, but my Mom was like absolutely not so we shuffled some things around. Then I thought TSA pre-check was closed so I took out all my electronics but I actually just missed the sign pointing us to the new location. Lastly, I forgot to take my backpack off when going through security. My Mom and I often said to each other this trip "what are you new?!" which we ended up abbreviating to "WAYN." :happy::joyfull:
Anyway....we eventually made it through security. A lot of stuff at the Buffalo Airport is still closed, but thankfully our usual go to bagel place was still open.
I made us drink emergen-c (and I packed us full of vitamins this whole trip).
tempImageC9cCJ1.jpg

Look how cute this bagel individualized packet is! I am a germaphobe by nature (before it was cool to be one) so this made me giddy :p
tempImagela85RY.jpg

tempImagesQZzlK.jpg

Side note...I took a lot of phone pictures this trip because I got lazy.
Apparently I forgot to take a photo of the actual bagel but a bagel is a bagel!
After our breakfast we headed to the gate. Our plane was already there!
tempImage5sMMoA.jpg

Squished face from the N95 under my surgical mask :)
tempImage6yzKCu.jpg

Next up: more travel

Songbird76

Day 5 continued
After our drink we headed over to check out the new M and M store
View attachment 546225
View attachment 546226
View attachment 546227
View attachment 546229

We had to wait in line to get in like it was some sort of club :hilarious:
View attachment 546230
I feel like every shirt /saying described me :hilarious:
View attachment 546231
View attachment 546232
View attachment 546233
View attachment 546234
View attachment 546235

Next up: more DS
Oh my goodness...that yellow one would be perfect for my son! That's kind of how Autism was described to us. Like, your brain files away information in different folders, so you have a folder for everything in your brain. A folder for food, a folder for homework, a folder for family, a folder for animals, etc....and sometimes, if you are thinking about something, you open that folder and then can't close it again. If too many folders are open, your brain gets overwhelmed and you need help closing some folders. So this t-shirt is awesome!!!

PolynesianPrincess

OK girl I gotta tell ya.... you talking about being able to walk to Epcot and DHS well before park opening really made me want to stay at an Epcot resort later this month... Well, I stumbled upon a passholder rate at the Dolphin that was only $100 more than Coronado Springs! I jumped all over that! Actually ended up being like $400 more than Coronado because we splurged for the balcony! I'm SUPER excited to be able to walk!! So thanks for the inspiration!!!! :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Love these shirts, too! So in Disney you can sit at a bar? We just opened up bar seating in Pennsylvania this week. It seems so foreign now, lol.

As far as I could tell yes they were letting people sit at some bars! Very foreign for me too!

Oh my goodness...that yellow one would be perfect for my son! That's kind of how Autism was described to us. Like, your brain files away information in different folders, so you have a folder for everything in your brain. A folder for food, a folder for homework, a folder for family, a folder for animals, etc....and sometimes, if you are thinking about something, you open that folder and then can't close it again. If too many folders are open, your brain gets overwhelmed and you need help closing some folders. So this t-shirt is awesome!!!

That makes total sense!!! It's the perfect shirt for him!!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
OK girl I gotta tell ya.... you talking about being able to walk to Epcot and DHS well before park opening really made me want to stay at an Epcot resort later this month... Well, I stumbled upon a passholder rate at the Dolphin that was only $100 more than Coronado Springs! I jumped all over that! Actually ended up being like $400 more than Coronado because we splurged for the balcony! I'm SUPER excited to be able to walk!! So thanks for the inspiration!!!! :)

Yes!!! I was just reading your pre-trip the other day and got excited for you!!! Its the best to be able to walk!!!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
We headed into DHS and the wait times were pretty long so we decided to head towards Star Tours (to complete the Star Wars trifecta!). It was listed as 40 minutes, but as the week went on I felt more comfortable reading the line situations so I could tell it was not that long.
tempImagenhHEMw.jpg
tempImageMDzy4I.jpg
tempImageIEAUQE.jpg
tempImageefTTom.jpg

We only waited 5 minutes! Woohoo! Although I am not sure why I ever go on this ride I get a headache and dizzy every time :joyfull:
After this we headed over to check in for dinner. Our dinner was at 50's Prime Time so we sat on a bench while we mobile waited.
tempImageXUxCwc.jpg

tempImagee0xvEk.jpg
tempImage67XZr5.jpg

Hello Gertie
tempImagepUSX1H.jpg

Soon enough our table was ready!
tempImage7vZrQU.jpg
tempImagezfqcF9.jpg

Every table around us had Birthday buttons on and the waitress was asking them if it was their actual Birthday and they all said no. She looked at us and was like well at least these two aren't lying about a Birthday :inlove: :joyfull:

Next up: more 50's

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
For dinner we ordered the onion rings
tempImageqIPB3c.jpg

And we shared the fried chicken
tempImagebfvvRG.jpg

Usually the food here is great, but this time it was just ok. It was not very hot and the chicken was really dry. Oh well!
Anyway we got out of dinner just in time to scurry in the Runaway Railway line!
I took a bunch of random photos
tempImage37lQH9.jpg

Mostly lights...
tempImageH4R4UV.jpg

tempImageOaSQUm.jpg

tempImagefGkZ3V.jpg

I like how even the knobs are decorated
tempImage9V6uY5.jpg

tempImageJYcJNv.jpg

We waited about 30 minutes which was not bad! When the park closes so early it is nice to hop in line at closing time (especially when you can walk home).
tempImagefaqpY9.jpg

tempImageZ7HYHr.jpg

It's just such a cute ride! I could ride it all day!
After this we walked back to the Yacht Club for an early bed! We had the best day - we got so much of Hollywood Studios done!

Next up: Day 6!

slipperalwaysfits

Duck Duck Razz (STOLI RAZZ, PEACH SCHNAPPS, BLUE CURACAO, LEMON JUICE, SIMPLE SYRUP) - the main reason we came!
So cute and so yummy
What a fun drink! I definitely want to go to the Boathouse just for a drink. There are so many amazing dining options in DS, it's hard to make a decision!

My feet were apparently not used to Disney and I had really bad blisters from old flip flops. My Mom took this attractive photo of me fixing my foot with bandaid
Man, that's the thing. Being prepared and preparing your feet for Disney are CRUCIAL! I always bring moleskin and GoldBalm, but my feet still hurt after all that walking. Sometimes, really supportive flip flops are beneficial after a long day in running shoes in the park. It just gives your feet a break. My Keens are also super supportive and offer breathing room, thank Goodness. I'm dedicated to training like MAD for my trip this year, but I know my feet will still ache. Such an honor to be able to go to Disney and complain about ridiculous first world problems. :banghead: :jawdrop:
We headed into DHS and the wait times were pretty long so we decided to head towards Star Tours (to complete the Star Wars trifecta!). It was listed as 40 minutes, but as the week went on I felt more comfortable reading the line situations so I could tell it was not that long.
YES, with distancing, it is SO HARD to judge these lines and how long they are....:banghead:
Hello Gertie
I LOVE Gertie! I especially love the Santa Hat she wears during the Holidays!
Usually the food here is great, but this time it was just ok. It was not very hot and the chicken was really dry. Oh well!
Anyway we got out of dinner just in time to scurry in the Runaway Railway line!
Bummer. If it wasn't very hot, I probably would have sent it back. I know that can be a hassle but if I'm paying for it, I don't want something cold when I ordered hot.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
What a fun drink! I definitely want to go to the Boathouse just for a drink. There are so many amazing dining options in DS, it's hard to make a decision!

Man, that's the thing. Being prepared and preparing your feet for Disney are CRUCIAL! I always bring moleskin and GoldBalm, but my feet still hurt after all that walking. Sometimes, really supportive flip flops are beneficial after a long day in running shoes in the park. It just gives your feet a break. My Keens are also super supportive and offer breathing room, thank Goodness. I'm dedicated to training like MAD for my trip this year, but I know my feet will still ache. Such an honor to be able to go to Disney and complain about ridiculous first world problems. :banghead: :jawdrop:

YES, with distancing, it is SO HARD to judge these lines and how long they are....:banghead:

I LOVE Gertie! I especially love the Santa Hat she wears during the Holidays!

Bummer. If it wasn't very hot, I probably would have sent it back. I know that can be a hassle but if I'm paying for it, I don't want something cold when I ordered hot.

That's funny that you say that - I feel like I never can think of any good dining options at Disney Springs but I know there are some!
I have never had an issue with my feet and blisters at Disney before. I think it was seriously because it had been a full year since I wore my flip flops for an extended period of time :hilarious:
Gertie with the Santa hat is so cute!
I know...I never send food back but I feel like I should sometimes.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
February 24, 2021 Day 6
We got up around 5:45, got ready and ate something in the room that we grabbed the night before.
We were down by the bus stop at 6:30 am. The park opened at 8 am aka 7:15 am so I thought this was great timing. Only....the bus did not come until 7:10 am. Disney fail :banghead::hilarious:
We considered taking an Uber a few times but there really were not many around. Oh well!
We still got there around 7:30
CD363E77-0847-4BEA-9D75-EFC948D95D07.jpeg

We headed right to Flight of Passage
5B92234B-F5BB-47FB-BE9F-159FFC36F792.jpeg

60374FE0-A0D8-40CB-9B56-297C8B295FC4.jpeg
5DFBE36A-A79A-42A0-8D57-964FDC3FE6AC.jpeg
D2E01105-3A95-4BD2-99A6-442B5332BBF0.jpeg

This was the first time we ever waited in Stand-by - it was so cool!!!
B4590B37-249B-4DDF-B3B1-11405FE88F7C.jpeg

4C473984-208B-479A-BCCF-AF016160418E.jpeg

503F4B71-F0D1-4726-BF19-A7198D395874.jpeg

011C4392-D7CE-4242-8D93-854AD8C9F0AC.jpeg

0DD2D660-AD44-4CCD-AD0B-5EF5F1D13FC2.jpeg

We only waited 25 minutes! Woohoo!

Next up: more AK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
After Flight of Passage we got in line for Navi River Journey. This was probably a mistake. It was listed at 70 minutes but we figured it was probably shorter. Touring Plans estimated about 40 minutes and I think we did actually wait 45. Was it worth it ? Probably not :hilarious: I did make plans to sell my Nikon cameras while in line though so that was productive.
Look how cool I looked in my running sneakers :hilarious:
tempImageyF2glA.jpg

tempImagesDJ8qt.jpg

FAED1144-C7D6-4515-BA2A-2CCC6A389803.jpeg

A light...
9399B40C-160D-469B-9569-E71D9DAB410F.jpeg

tempImagew7xzXr.jpg

After our lovely journey we decided to go on the Safari
We started in line in the Festival of the Lion King show...
tempImagex1Bq8U.jpg

tempImageF5epdD.jpg

I took a ton of que photos!
FA8FDB85-4127-4F7B-A632-043C5CAF0812.jpeg

8E45BFE1-3154-4427-A5D8-A52A55FAD6C8.jpeg

Here we are eating candy belts as usual. My Mom has the rainbow one in this photo. The sour apple ones are better...
9782EEA2-DB53-441E-9272-7D926C92FF4B.jpeg

Next up: more que photos

slipperalwaysfits

We were down by the bus stop at 6:30 am. The park opened at 8 am aka 7:15 am so I thought this was great timing. Only....the bus did not come until 7:10 am. Disney fail :banghead::hilarious:
I KNOW!! When we went in NOV 2020, we had no idea they were letting people into the parks so much earlier than the posted time! We totally paid for it by getting there at posted park opening! Live and learn! Frustrating that the bus took so long to come!
We only waited 25 minutes! Woohoo!
THIS IS AMAZING!! Soooooooo lucky! I usually wait 25 in the Fastpass line, when we had Fast Passes. :jawdrop:

Navi is amazing but a 45 minute wait for a 3 minute boat ride is just a little much for me to take, too. My in-laws were "DETERMINED" to wait last year to do it and my hubby wouldn't leave them :banghead: EVEN FOR ONE RIDE so I got to wait 65 minutes for a 3 minute boat ride. The ride is lovely but it's sure a long wait.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
Honestly it is pretty nice that the ques are spaced like this...gives you time to really appreciate all the details.
tempImageeDnynz.jpg

tempImageHxsofi.jpg

tempImagew1IXPy.jpg

We were curious how we were supposed to wait on the table...:joyfull:
tempImage9d3n73.jpg

tempImageRPmlTH.jpg

It was around this time we really started moving through the que. It was slow for the first 15 minutes then the next 10 we pretty much non-stop walked.
tempImageQNElzG.jpg

tempImageIQF8kb.jpg

tempImagelCrJt3.jpg

11008957-DA94-4305-B0DA-62CCCB94CE79.jpeg

07668836-39B6-4A90-9126-15BE4F02BD62.jpeg

Next up: more safari

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I KNOW!! When we went in NOV 2020, we had no idea they were letting people into the parks so much earlier than the posted time! We totally paid for it by getting there at posted park opening! Live and learn! Frustrating that the bus took so long to come!

THIS IS AMAZING!! Soooooooo lucky! I usually wait 25 in the Fastpass line, when we had Fast Passes. :jawdrop:

Navi is amazing but a 45 minute wait for a 3 minute boat ride is just a little much for me to take, too. My in-laws were "DETERMINED" to wait last year to do it and my hubby wouldn't leave them :banghead: EVEN FOR ONE RIDE so I got to wait 65 minutes for a 3 minute boat ride. The ride is lovely but it's sure a long wait.

I know I am so happy I happened to hear they opened early!
I know the FP lines are so long at Flight of Passage sometimes! It helps that they skip a lot of the pre-show!
It is a beautiful ride....but yes not worth the wait at all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom