34 year old adult ...Is Disney worth it??

GMAN

Original Poster
Hi,

My brother is going to disney as well and he is an old fogie...lol...Will Disney be magical for him?? in his old age? Is their anything he should do or not do for his age group?? Which park suits him best? Ext.... Thanks!:xmas:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Hmmmm I am 27, and never tire of the parks.

If he is 34, I'd have to say Epcot, fits that adult demograpic, as does AK.

I enjoy Epcot a lot, while I kinda dislike AK.

It also depends whats he's into.... Thrills? (then go to MGM and ride ToT)...etc.

There is so much to do at WDW, its hard not to find something fun to do or see, no matter the age of the person :) :wave:

MouseRight

You're Never Too Old To Go To WDW.

There is so much to do besides the Parks - Please Island, Downtown Disney, Water Parks, Cool Minature Golf, eat at some great restaurants, etc. etc,

wdwhoneymooner

Firstly, I'm assuming that he must still have "the little boy" inside of him if he's willing to visit WDW.

If so, he's bound to have a fantastic time. Heck, I'm 36 and if I could I'd go visit at least once a month. I really don't know if anything is out-of-bounds for him. Afterall, this is the place where adults can wear a Goofy hat and not get a second glance.

Just be sure to loosen him up before y'all hit the parks and he'll be just fine.

daoVinci

Can you go to the World without hitting the Magic Kingdom? I thought riding space mountain was mandatory for all guests???:lol:

I'll be 30 in 3 months and I enjoy it all. I won't go for less than 3 days and hit all four parks. If you're going to bother making the trip, why wouldn't you?

Plus, if he decides he doesn't like it, he can play a few holes of golf (regular or miniature) or hang out in Epcot and eat his weight in turkey legs. And there's free soda at Ice Station Cool!

If all else fails, call guest services (you ARE staying on property, right?). They should be able to suggest something he'll find enjoyable.

pisco

I made my first trip to WDW at the age of 33 at my wife's insistence. I was really worried that there wasn;t going to be enough to keep me interested for the entire week we were scheduled to be there. After a couple of hours in Epcot on our first night there, I was worried that we weren't going to be there long enough.

We have now been back 3 more times in the last 5 years and still haven't done all the things we would like to.

I'm sure your brother will find more than enough to have a great time.

Maerj

Age makes no difference in visiting the parks! I took my mother (50 years old) and she had such a good time, she started crying in the middle of Epcot! As long as the person has magic and TRUE LOVE in their hearts, they will have a fantastic time. Keep in mind, not everyone does, so don't be disappointed if your brother doesn't react the way you want him to.

Not having someone you care about react to WDW the way you'd like them to can be one of the hardest things to deal with. :( So, take your time there, don't push him and hopefully everything will work out for you! Good luck!

Gucci65

My Dad goes with me every December to WDW. He recently turned 60. He loves Disney and rides everything. I dare anyone to tell him he's too old to go to WDW. :D

tigsmom

34 is not old.....I'm 46 and would live in WDW if they let me. MK is my favorite, but we make the rounds of all of the parks. You would be suprised how quickly the little kid in you comes out when you hit WDW! :wave:

RPMdfw

Originally posted by tigsmom
34 is not old.....I'm 46 and would live in WDW if they let me. MK is my favorite, but we make the rounds of all of the parks. You would be suprised how quickly the little kid in you comes out when you hit WDW! :wave:

I totally agree. And at 35, I'm not sure I like being referred to as an "old fogie". :brick:

My first trip to WDW was at age 31. I haven't been able to get enough of it since. In March, our whole family went. We ranged in age from 60 (my dad) to 30 (my sister) and each and every one of us had a blast. There truly is something for everyone, and sharing it with family members just makes it better. :sohappy:

egionet

At 34, he'll be fine, as long as he let's loose. I'm almost 22 (I know a little younger, and so many of my college age friends think I'm a huge loser for loving WDW. Apparently according to some people, going to Disney World is not "the cool thing to do." They all assume it's for kids, and completely stupid. But, as we all know, you can totally have a great time even if you're not a kid. It's just important to not act all stuffy or think you're too old to be on the rides. It's a place to have a good time, and be sure to make him act like a kid because, I think, that's the best way to assure a great time. Good luck, have fun, and make him be a kid again!!!

Maerj

I always find that surprising when people say things like that. "WDW is only for kids." People who say that usually have never been there. In fact, if they would go I think that they would see that WDW is really NOT for little kids. I really wouldn't want to take a child there who is younger than say... around ten years old. The place is so big that most lil teeny tiny kids will get tired out pretty easily. There are some things there for children, but there is much more that is geared more for teens and adults.

DonaldDuck

If WDW were only for kids, then the only people there would be parents with 6 or 7 year old kids, which is not the case. The reason we all go back again and again (and again :D ) is that Disney isn't just kids. :xmas:

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Maerj
Keep in mind, not everyone does, so don't be disappointed if your brother doesn't react the way you want him to.

Not having someone you care about react to WDW the way you'd like them to can be one of the hardest things to deal with. :( So, take your time there, don't push him and hopefully everything will work out for you! Good luck!

amen to that!!! my sister had taken her best friend to WDW when they graduated from high school, and the three of us had the best time! so when it came time for me to take a friend of mine for a 'graduation' present, i expected the same thing. i was totally wrong. she seemed interested in going when we first discussed it. but then we got to WDW. anytime i suggested doing something she'd often say "well, you can, but i don't think i'm going to". right in the middle of the trip, she lost her park hopper pass. no one in my family had ever lost their pass before, so i wasn't sure how easy it was going to be to get another. i was panicing, she brushed it off like it was nothing and claimed she'd pay the "$20 difference"...course, that led me to get a little more tiffed and i just kept telling her "dude, it's not going to be $20....try $220!" she still didn't get it. she just said "well, you all can go into the parks, and i can just lay by the pool. i'll be alright by myself." :brick: the whole point was for us to have fun TOGETHER....but she just didn't get it. she claims she had a good time, but i'm still not sure if i believe her.

but just take it easy, and try to accept any reaction your brother may have (hopefully it will be a good reaction!) good luck! :wave:

dreamfinder114

NEVER TOO OLD

I AM 37 AND MY HUSBAND IS 38 AND WE LOVE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD. HE SAID HE WOULD TAKE ME ANYWHERE I WANTED TO GO FOR OUR HONEYMOON AND I PICKED DISNEY. HE LAUGHED AND SAID WELL I DID SAY ANYWHERE. WE HAVE BEEN BACK THE 17 TIMES IN THE LAST 12YRS (JUST HIM AND I-WE DON'T HAVE CHILDREN) AND WILL CONTINUE TO GO AS LONG AS WE CAN.

shari71

The first time I went was when I was four and I don't remember much so when my now husband suggested that as our honeymoon spot, I thought he was crazy...a 22 and 25 year old going to WDW for a honeymoon...well it was the most romantic adult experience I have ever had...and we have gone back each year except one. Now at 32 with two kids, it is better than ever (except they don't appreciate Epcot like we do :lol: )

WDW has a little for all ages and adults seem to have more fun than kids. My parents just don't understand why we go each year because they think it is only for kids. Trying to convince them to go with us next year. They are 56 and 57. I think Mom will just love Epcot since she spent four years in Europe and wants to go back and eat some authentic food. She would have a ball here, especially during the Food and Wine Festival.

Usually you cannot convince someone until they go and once they do they keep coming back.

You forget there is a world that is not as wonderful for a week and get to forget you worries...that is priceless in my book.

SnowWhite5669

34 yrs old- OLD?!?!? You're kidding right? I am 34 and my husband is 47 and we both love Disney. We love it enough to keep going back multiple times per year!!! There is so much to do and it is never the same park twice. We always find something new and magical to do. Plus being "older" has it's advantages like going to Pleasure Island. Hey even though I am an old 34 year old, I still get carded each and every time we go to Pleasure Island. He will have a blast!! Hope you can keep up with him:lol:

KevinPage

You only are as young as you want to be. Heck I love many adult things, but stilll watch shows on Playhouse Disney.

Don't be forced into a mindset that you can't like something due to age. Make your own deicsions in life what you enjoy/don't enjoy.

BTW, STANLEY RULES!!!!!!

:D

Bagheera

I've made 19 pilgrimages from New York over the years. For my 20th trip, I'm planning something different. My wife and son are staying home, and I'm going with four friends for a guys-only trip to celebrate my 40th birthday. 34 ain't even close to old, and I'm not either. Oh, and the oldest guy on the trip is 42.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom