Why do people seem to dislike It's a Small World?

sublimesting

Original Poster
It's one of my favorite rides. I love it because it's a classic, the music instantly reminds me of Disney, it's cool and refreshing and a nice break from the heat. It is colorful with a ton to look at. I just get confused when Disneyfreaks like most everyone on here is, hates the ride because to me it is everything Disney represents.

fosse76

Honestly, I think it is a mob mentality thing. It is kind of hip to hate IASW.

I am in your camp...I love the attraction and think it represents true Disney values.

It's because it's boring and that song is absolutely annoying. If Walt Disney lived long enough, I'm sure he would have replaced it long ago.

sweetpee_1993

I love it but my sons and hubby dislike it. I think it's the repetitive song thing and the fact that it's not the latest and greatest in technology. Then if you get "stuck" when the boats back up it becomes excruciating to some people. I also agree with Master Yoda on the mob mentality thing. When IASW comes up in conversation how "cool" is it for someone to say, "Oh my Gaawd!!! I loooove that ride! It so rocks!!!" That just doesn't happen. LOL!

I love the song. I grew up in Central Florida. When we learned to sing in "round" in grade school music class this is the song we learned, both verses. IASW was one of the songs I sang to both my sons when I rocked them as babies. When I ride the ride if we're in a boat alone I'll sing my heart out (mostly because it irritates the kids...LOL!). I love the scenery because...let's face it...it's dolls. I collect dolls. I loooove dolls. There's that little corner of my heart that reverts back to my childhood when I would ride thru this attraction and gaze at all the pretty dolls and absolutely yearn to hop out of the boat and go touch them and play with them. I'm such a girly-girl. :D

I think it's sorta funny, tho, that there are so many haters yet there's a pretty consistant little line to get on. Maybe there's some closet-IASW-lovers out there who just can't bear the shame of admitting that they get the warm-n-fuzzies when they ride. LOL!

sweetpee_1993

It's because it's boring and that song is absolutely annoying. If Walt Disney lived long enough, I'm sure he would have replaced it long ago.

You could always give a listen to the rendition of the IASW song that's on one of the Disney Mania cds. I think it was covered by the Baha Men or something like that. It's...well...different...and gives a whole new appreciation to the classic version. Truly. :lol:

JiminyandTink

I gotta say I kind of like it. By no means is it in my top ten rides or anything, but I find it pretty hard to really hate any rides at MK.

It's a classic for sure and you can't beat the lines for IASW either!

DizneyPryncess

I like IASW, for sure a classic Disney ride! I don't ride it everytime I'm there though, because the song drives my husband crazy after a while. But every now & again we'll ride it. I truly think it is the music that makes most people hate this ride.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

My sister loves it and our family has no problem riding it. Ya, I guess the song can get annoying but it doesn't bother me because that is not what I am focusing on during the ride. There is a lot to look at in every country so i try to look at that and then the song is just in the background.

ypcat

I dislike it for one reason...no leg room. I always request the front row, and even then I am in pain midway through the ride. Its nice enough that I'll go once per trip. But wife and son love it, and if they want to go more, I am more than happy to run and get fastpasses or something while they ride.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Because one night when your sleeping the IASW dolls will be coming to get you, armed with a hypnotic song and some sharp knives, they will drain your blood and use your rotting corpse as scenery

EpcotMark

Honestly, I think it is a mob mentality thing. It is kind of hip to hate IASW.

I am in your camp...I love the attraction and think it represents true Disney values.

I agree with you.

One thing for improvement is the boats backing up at the end. Wish they would have fixed that during the renovation.

Mikester71

The ride itself is okay, it is just that annoying song. My friend got stuck on it once for a while and said he felt like leaning overboard and submersing his head in the water so he wouldn't have to hear the song anymore. I don't know if I would go that far though myself. :ROFLOL:

FamilyMagic

I believe IASW is a Disney classic and my trip just wouldn't be complete without riding it! I enjoy it and it has always been a must do for me and my family.

ProfSlim

I find myself drawn to it for nostalgic reasons each visit. My children are starting to get bored with it though. It doesn't really bother me one way or another, although I do like getting into the AC on hot day for 8+ minutes :ROFLOL:

Most folks seem to be annoyed by the song.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom