31 Days of Imagineering

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Merry First Day of December everyone!

I had an idea. Seems a lot of newer people have been having issues with moderator approval on their posts. @spacemt354 has said this is because their post counts are too low. So, they need to make a lot of posts that don't involve pictures or links or anything like that. What better way to drum up a lot of simple text posts than with group brainstorming?

Aside from people who need moderator approval, there are a lot of people on the board who don't have enough time over the holidays for a larger competition like the disney overhaul. With the One Sentence over for the year, there isn't a casual, small scale outlet at the moment. Conversely, some people have too much free time over the holidays and might want more than just the Disney Overhaul Comp.

I'm gonna be posting a new Imagineering Challenge everyday of December for us to work on together!

Simple, fun things to keep the Imagineering juices flowing over the holidays! I'll try to make a schedule up so that way this thread can keep going even if I miss a day or two.

Project Plan
  1. Ideas for Challenges!
  2. Retheme Toon Lagoon
  3. PS2 Classic
  4. Crescent Lake/Boardwalk Additions
  5. Rockin Rollercoaster Retheme
  6. Rewrite a failed movie to fix it's issues - Haunted Mansion
  7. New Water Park
  8. Add a World Showcase Dark Ride
  9. Rafiki Planet Watch Update of Replacement
  10. Rewrite a failed movie to fix it's issues - Good Dinosaur
  11. Replacing the Marvel land at Islands of Adventure.
  12. Mythology themed Fifth Gate
  13. South America for DAK
  14. Rewrite a failed movie to fix it's issues - Fantastic Beasts
  15. Dinoland retheme or update
  16. Future World Pavilion
  17. creating a Marvel land at California or at HS
  18. Rewrite a failed movie to fix it's issues - The Last Jedi
  19. Disney+ Show or Movie
  20. Bionicle Land for Lego Land
  21. Rewrite a failed movie to fix it's issues - Batman V Superman
  22. Old Fantasyland Update/Fix
  23. Adventureland Dark Ride
  24. Make a new Disney Christmas Special
  25. New holiday party at a new park
  26. Rewrite a failed movie to fix it's issues - Spiderman 4
  27. Replace Shanghai Winnie the Pooh
  28. Failed Disney Movie Ride
  29. Club Penguin Attraction
  30. Add Show Scenes to WDWRR
  31. New Year's Eve Party at a Disney Park

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
December 1st
Brainstorming Ideas for Future Challenges

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with a list of idea for us to work on together on future days! Any Imagineering challenge you guys want to see us all work on? Simple ones, crazy ones, goofy ones, challenging ones, whatever! No bad ideas!​

spacemt354

Chili's
December 1st

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with a list of idea for us to work on together on future days! Any Imagineering challenge you guys want to see us all work on? Simple ones, crazy ones, goofy ones, challenging ones, whatever! No bad ideas!​
Something that is rarely ever a challenge is in the Crescent Lake area of WDW. With the Skyliner addition there might be a bit more traffic to the area. A Boardwalk challenge could be interesting. Either a revamp of Atlantic Dance/JellyRolls or expansion
beach-club-boardwalk-painting.jpg

Passing this in the resort lobby always gave me an inkling that it could have been something more - a mini-amusement park resort of sorts.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

I had an idea. Seems a lot of newer people have been having issues with moderator approval on their posts. @spacemt354 has said this is because their post counts are too low. So, they need to make a lot of posts that don't involve pictures or links or anything like that. What better way to drum up a lot of simple text posts than with group brainstorming?

Aside from people who need moderator approval, there are a lot of people on the board who don't have enough time over the holidays for a larger competition like the disney overhaul. With the One Sentence over for the year, there isn't a casual, small scale outlet at the moment. Conversely, some people have too much free time over the holidays and might want more than just the Disney Overhaul Comp.

I'm gonna be posting a new Imagineering Challenge everyday of December for us to work on together!

Simple, fun things to keep the Imagineering juices flowing over the holidays! I'll try to make a schedule up so that way this thread can keep going even if I miss a day or two.

Project Plan
  1. Ideas for Challenges!
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???
  6. ???
  7. ???
  8. ???
  9. ???
  10. ???
  11. ???
  12. ???
  13. ???
  14. ???
  15. ???
  16. ???
  17. ???
  18. ???
  19. ???
  20. ???
  21. ???
  22. ???
  23. ???
  24. ???
  25. ???
  26. ???
  27. ???
  28. ???
  29. ???
  30. ???
  31. ???
December 1st

@PerGronStudio @PerGronStudio2 @OutboundFlight @James G.

This could be a great way to bump up your post counts so you don't keep running into issues with awaiting moderator approval

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Project Plan
  1. Ideas for Challenges!
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???
  6. ???
  7. ???
  8. ???
  9. ???
  10. ???
  11. ???
  12. ???
  13. ???
  14. ???
  15. ???
  16. ???
  17. ???
  18. ???
  19. ???
  20. ???
  21. ???
  22. ???
  23. ???
  24. ???
  25. ???
  26. ???
  27. ???
  28. ???
  29. ???
  30. ???
  31. ???
December 1st

@S.P.E.W You're always great at daily challenges!

@kmbmw777 @Disney Dad 3000 @MonorailRed I know you guys are all pretty busy! This might be an easy way to be a bit active without taking up much time right now!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Something that is rarely ever a challenge is in the Crescent Lake area of WDW. With the Skyliner addition there might be a bit more traffic to the area. A Boardwalk challenge could be interesting. Either a revamp of Atlantic Dance/JellyRolls or expansion
beach-club-boardwalk-painting.jpg

Passing this in the resort lobby always gave me an inkling that it could have been something more - a mini-amusement park resort of sorts.
Great idea! An area that could definitely be more than it is right now!

Some ideas I have for some stuff we could do:

Fourth Castle Park Mountain (But not Fire Mountain since it has been done a lot)

Fourth All Star Resort

New Water Park

New Theme for Toon Lagoon at Islands of Adventure

Add a World Showcase Attraction

Animal Kingdom Expansion between Africa and Pandora

Rafiki Planet Watch Update of Replacement

FireMountain

New Theme for Toon Lagoon at Islands of Adventure
Y'know, I have thought about this before and I have thought up with a perfect IP to replace it with. Classic Newgrounds Animations.
get.php

Just change the theme of the restaurants, shops, and theming. Tear down the rides and replace them with a Tankmen coaster, An Alien Encounter clone/ dark ride hybrid starring Alien Hominid, and a shooting gallery ride themed to Madness. Bada bing bada boom Newgrounds City.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Y'know, I have thought about this before and I have thought up with a perfect IP to replace it with. Classic Newgrounds Animations.
get.php

Just change the theme of the restaurants, shops, and theming. Tear down the rides and replace them with a Tankmen coaster, An Alien Encounter clone/ dark ride hybrid starring Alien Hominid, and a shooting gallery ride themed to Madness. Bada bing bada boom Newgrounds City.
That would be pretty cool! Other than some EgoRaptor stuff, I'm not super familiar with Newgrounds era animation. But it has such a unique style and feel to it that could translate to a really visually cool land!

Any ideas for other prompts we could work on throughout the month?

kmbmw777

December 1st

Great idea Pi! Some things that I think could would be:
  • replacing the Marvel land at Islands of Adventure.
  • creating a Marvel land at California or at HS
  • Rewriting a failed movie? The Good Dinosaur, The Last Jedi

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom