30 Days of Disney - Day 21 - an overrated movie

The4mousekeeters

Original Poster
tumblr_inline_n5ptkaNgZZ1r211m0.jpg

Got to say Wall-e... Sorry, I just cannot do that movie.

Matt_Black

Lion King

Is Pocahontas really overrated? I thought most people dislike it.

It did set a record at the time for opening weekend for a Disney film and, despite the criticisms of the film, Colors of the Wind is often touted as one of the best Disney songs (I have to admit I'm fond of it). However, if your princess is almost universally agreed to be the least popular, then your film is not overrated.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
While I'd agree that Lion King wasn't the pinnacle of the Disney Renaissance, it was still a good movie compared to what came after (until Lilo and Stitch, though that was a stand out of nearly a decade plus of bad movies).

Frozen, however, is just bad. So it gets my vote.

danpam1024

:jawdrop: I saw Wall-E TWICE at the theater! I thought by FAR it was the most creative movie since the original Monster's Inc.- Overrated- no doubt FROZEN! BLAH:cold:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Aladdin (the genie hardly saves the movie IMO. I don't even like the music, and never understood why "A whole new world" got so much praise)

Last edited:

OSUgirl77

Lion King

Is Pocahontas really overrated? I thought most people dislike it.
Yeah, most people do, I knew someone would challenge it. ;) If I had to choose another movie, it would have to be Frozen. I actually really liked it, but it doesn't deserve the craziness around it. I just thought it was a cute movie with some catchy songs.

IowaHawks7

IMO the most overrated is Sleeping Beauty.. Just never could get into it. Yes i know Maleficent is a great villain but Aurora is only in her own movie for 18 minutes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom