Pre-Trip 3 strikes out? For us it is 3 strikes and we're in!

Hi all...

The TR from our last October isn't finished yet, but we're getting ready for our next trip to WDW in October!!

Who: My wife Ria, our daugther Sacha and off cours myself. For the 3rd year in a row!
When: October 13th until October 23rd
Where: POFQ

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7491082309.jpg

This time we fly on October 13th with KLM (Delta) from Amsterdam to Detroit and later on the 13th from Detroit to Orlando.

We only have one ADR for the whole stay. The rest we will see what we do about eating.

Off course we have our FP+ fixed, will write them down in the next post! And off course I have to finish the TR of 2015.

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Awesome time of the year to be at WDW, the weather is great and of course Food and Wine. Looking forward to your report!

Yeah, it is one of the greatest times of the year to be in WDW. All the things you said and don't forget the Halloween season and MNSSHP! Off course there will be a TR! But first I have to finish the TR of last year!

TRIP OVERLAP!!! We'll be there too from the 19th-21st before our cruise! Have a great trip!

Thanks, and off course same to you! Have a great time in WDW and a wonderful cruise!!

FlaggNL

Original Poster

Thanks! Off course there will be more info the next 50 days, and after that off course there will be a TR! Although I have to finish the TR from our prior trip October 2015 :)

So exciting! We'll arrive on the same day so our countdown is the same :). We had our last two nights at POFQ but switched it when I found a good deal at the Boardwalk. I couldn't resist it! Can't wait to see what your plans are! Maybe we'll run into you while we're there.

Wow that's great! Is Boardwalk even better than POFQ? I can't imagine :) The plans come in our next post! Like you said maybe we'll run into each other while being in WDW. Off course we will not be the only one in the parks :)

Can't wait to hear all about! I am in!

Thanks! We can;t wait to share it all with you.... although it should't go too fast.... when I am sharing a TR it means we are back home :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Ok here we go with the plans so far!

Work until October 11th and then finalizing the packing on October 12th.

Thurdsday October 13th
Travelday (in local times)

08.00-10.40 Amsterdam - Detroit (duration 08:40)
12.15-14.52 Detroit - Orlando (duration 02:37)

Delta airlines.jpg

disneymagicalexpress.jpg

After landing time to grab the magical express and after thta checking in POFQ.

POFQ.jpg

No plans further that day. Probably going to Springs.

Friday October 14th
Magic Kingdom and Epcot

Getting out of bed early and try to get in time for the opening ritual at Magic Kingdom and then by Monorail to Epcot.

epcot.jpg

10.00-11.00 Test Track
11.00-12.00 Mission: Space
12.15-01.15 Spaceship Earth

Saturday October 15th
Magic Kingdom

magic kingdom.jpg

09.15 Breakfast at BOG
11.55-12.55 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
01.00-02.00 Space Mountain
02.00-03.00 Splash Mountain

Sunday October 16th
Magic Kingdom

We probably go to one of the waterparks, but we did arrange FP+ just in case...

typhoon.jpg

magic kingdom.jpg

12.45-13.45 Jungle Cruise
03.15-04.15 Splash Mountain
04.40-05.40 Haunted Mansion

Monday October 17th
Hollywood Studios

hollywood.jpg

10.25-11.25 Toy Story Mania!
11.55-12.55 Tower of Terror
01.15-02.15 Star Tours

Tuesday October 18th
Animal Kingdom

Animal-Kingdom.jpg

10.30-10.50 Festival of the Lion King
11.50-12.50 Expedition Everest
01.30-02.30 Kali River Rapids

Wednesday October 19th
Magic Kingdom

We probably will go to one of the waterparks but did arrange FP+ for later that day.

magic kingdom.jpg

blizzard.jpg

06.00-07.00 Haunted Mansion
07.15-08.15 Splash Mountain
09.05-10.05 Seven Dwarfs Minetrain

Thursday October 20th
Epcot

epcot.jpg

11.30-12.30 Frozen Ever After
01.20-02.20 Meet Disney Pals
03.30-04.30 Spaceship Earth

And off cours in the evening MNSSHP at Magic Kindom!!

mnsshp.jpg

Friday October 21st
Hollywood Studios

hollywood.jpg

11.25-12.25 Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
01.15-02.15 Star Tours
03.00-03.15 Frozen Sing-Along

Saturday October 22nd
Animal Kingdom

Animal-Kingdom.jpg

Today is the day to go home, but arranged FP+ just in case :)

09.15-10.15 Dinosaur
10.20-11.20 Expedition Everest
11.55-12.55 Kali River Rapids

Then it probably already is time to grab the Magical Express to get to Orlando International.

16.00-18.38 Orlando - Detroit (duration 02:38)
21.48-11.35 Detroit - Amsterdam (duration 07:47)

Delta airlines.jpg

So this is our upcomming trip! Hope you like the plans, at least we do :)

sheriffwoody

Sounds like an amazing trip! We'll be in Epcot on the 14th, so say hi if you see us! I'll keep an eye out for you :)

Wow that's great! Is Boardwalk even better than POFQ? I can't imagine :) The plans come in our next post! Like you said maybe we'll run into each other while being in WDW. Off course we will not be the only one in the parks :)
The main reason I switched was because the first few nights of our trip are at Yacht Club, and I wanted to stay in that area. For one, our main objective is to enjoy Epcot for most of our trip, and also I wanted to be able to move my own luggage. ha! I'm too much of a control freak to let Disney do it.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Just 21 days left!!

Those plans look perfect! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip, and I look forward to your trip report! :)

Thanks! There will absolutely be a TR! But only after we arrived back in the Netherlands.. and probably it will take a while, because 3 days later I will bo going to Indonesia for work!

Sounds like an amazing trip! We'll be in Epcot on the 14th, so say hi if you see us! I'll keep an eye out for you :) The main reason I switched was because the first few nights of our trip are at Yacht Club, and I wanted to stay in that area. For one, our main objective is to enjoy Epcot for most of our trip, and also I wanted to be able to move my own luggage. ha! I'm too much of a control freak to let Disney do it.

Haha great! We will look out for you! And I understand why you switched.... and ok for the luggage control, we're the same kind of control freak I guess :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Everything sounds fantastic!! I love going to Disney in the fall. Have a great time.

Thanks...countdown is down to 7 days! Final week of work and then take-off!!

WHAAAAAAT us too! I'm so pumped. This is later than the one we went to last year, so I'm bracing myself for the crowds, but still super excited. Are you going to dress up?

So we are there the same day :) No we're not going to dress up! Just enjoying all the people that are dressed up!

Awesome resort and awesome time of the year!

Absolutely, third year in a row this period!

Enjoy your pre-trip jitters! It looks like we miss each other just a little over a week! We will both be in Disney soon!!! :) :)

Ohw yeah we are :) Can't wait!! And off course enjoy the pre feelings as much as we do!!

looks like you got a terrific trip that's getting close!

We're almost there :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom