3 Bonnet Creek resorts?

daisyduckie

Original Poster
I'm confused. I see there are 3 separate listings for Bonnet Creek resorts--Hilton Orlando, Wyndham, and Wyndham Grand Orlando. What is the difference? Are they all neighbors? Is one noticeably better than the others?

Nemo14

I think the one most people talk about here is the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. I've visited friends there and it was very nice, and apparently has quite reasonable rates.

Rob562

The two Wyndhams are technically separate operations, but part of the same complex. The Grand is a hotel with typical hotel rooms and amenities, the Bonnet Creek Resort is all timeshare units. Walking around the lake it's difficult to tell which is which, since the Grand is just one building and actually connects to one of the Bonnet Creek buildings in one place. Amenities like pools and restaurants can be used by guests at either resort. (When the pool at our building closed for the night, the Grand's pool next door was mentioned as an option since it was open an hour later)

The Hilton and the Waldorf Astoria are across the street, and are separate but connected hotels.

There is also a fifth hotel that is about to be built on the property, but separated from all the others. It will be at the far end of the road. The name of that one escapes me at the moment.

-Rob

Skibum1970

Does Bonnet Creek have any limitations on how often you can stay there? Any other negatives? I've thought about using VRBO to rent there but didn't know enough about it.

winstongator

The two Wyndhams are technically separate operations, but part of the same complex. The Grand is a hotel with typical hotel rooms and amenities, the Bonnet Creek Resort is all timeshare units. Walking around the lake it's difficult to tell which is which, since the Grand is just one building and actually connects to one of the Bonnet Creek buildings in one place. Amenities like pools and restaurants can be used by guests at either resort. (When the pool at our building closed for the night, the Grand's pool next door was mentioned as an option since it was open an hour later)

The Hilton and the Waldorf Astoria are across the street, and are separate but connected hotels.

There is also a fifth hotel that is about to be built on the property, but separated from all the others. It will be at the far end of the road. The name of that one escapes me at the moment.

-Rob
We stayed at the Waldorf during hurricane Matthew - kinda long story. We spent a lot of time in the conference space between that and the Hilton. The Hilton seemed nearly as nice, with some of what I saw as better features, but I’d guess at a much lower price point.

epcotisbest

-Rob

I think I read somewhere it is going to be a JW Marriott.

KiKiDisney

Does Bonnet Creek have any limitations on how often you can stay there? Any other negatives? I've thought about using VRBO to rent there but didn't know enough about it.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom last month for 1 week. Since it was a timeshare we were renting, we stayed Saturday to Saturday. VRBO seems a bit expensive to me, but as I said, we rented from a timeshare owner. I can't think of any negatives - although my kids might say that having to make their own beds on vacation was a pain...:D It was really a lovely resort. Five pools, lots of activities, spacious accommodations. Having a full kitchen and a washer/dryer in the room was fantastic. I highly recommend it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom