3 bedroom grand villa or a two bedroom + studio

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Hey gang,
trying to plan a small family vacation to the world for next September. Cast of characters, 4 adults and 5 twenty something cousin who are pretending to be adults. :p We definitely need 3 bedrooms. anyhoo, originally we thought about a 3 bedroom grand villa at either the Boardwalk or OKW, but after watching some videos, while beautiful it's a lot of space that would go to waste. Definitely would never use those big dining rooms.
then someone suggested a 2 bedroom and a studio. which way would you go?

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
The 2-bed and a studio is cheaper points wise. And gives you more sleeping surfaces. Are any of those teens willing to share a bed?

A GV gives you one master, one room with 2 queens and usually one room with 2 doubles. Plus there are options in the living room and often in the “snug” area. But one of the couples will end up having to share with a teen or two, unless you have teens in both communal areas.

Whereas with a studio, the second couple can more easily get some privacy, with just one teen on a pull-out.

Edit: I realise I used the word teen, having not read the OP carefully enough. Same thing applies though and really not possible IMO to expect 20+ year olds to share.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
If you're going to cook (even if it's simply crockpot meals for an early dinner), go with the two bedroom + a studio option. We are a family of 8 and when all of us are able to make it together, we do something similar. If you're not planning to do that, a block of studio rooms with be sufficient; especially if you plan to maximize time outside the room.

correcaminos

Depends on which you want. Do you want a common room to hang out in during down times or not? The OKW GV is a great value in points. Seriously amazing value. Otherwise I'd do 2 bed and a studio.

SteveAZee

I'm going through a similar process. The 3 bedroom (you may want to update this thread's title) or a 2 bedroom and a studio at OKW. My cast of characters are my two adult kids, their partners, and an extra friend of my kids. Since we're all family (or close enough) my thought was to do the three bedroom place... like a large home away from home, and since everyone's now living apart, it would be nice to have everyone under one roof. The last time to WDW (without the extra friend) we did a two bedroom and it felt cramped, both in that second bedroom as well as the whole unit.

The nice thing about the OKW three bedroom is that everyone get's their corner to retreat into... the master downstairs and the two other bedrooms at opposite ends upstairs. Honestly, in the two bedroom place I didn't enjoy passing by the 'kids room' since it was generally messy. I am likely to opt for the peace of mind (and spatial distancing) of the three bedroom place.

Also, two of us like to cook, so the kitchen and the dining space is great. Some of us are on a budget as well, so some will opt for the in home cooking and drinking.

I said to the kids that it's possible that I might only be able to reserve a two bedroom and a studio, and there was some interest... if for no other reason than swapping a room with two double/full beds for the studio with two queen beds. Still, no guarantees that the studio would be close to the two bedroom to drop in for meals, drinks, or just to get together.

I hope that helps.

Please let me know what you decide and how you decided it... it might help me.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
I'm going through a similar process. The 3 bedroom (you may want to update this thread's title) or a 2 bedroom and a studio at OKW. My cast of characters are my two adult kids, their partners, and an extra friend of my kids. Since we're all family (or close enough) my thought was to do the three bedroom place... like a large home away from home, and since everyone's now living apart, it would be nice to have everyone under one roof. The last time to WDW (without the extra friend) we did a two bedroom and it felt cramped, both in that second bedroom as well as the whole unit.

The nice thing about the OKW three bedroom is that everyone get's their corner to retreat into... the master downstairs and the two other bedrooms at opposite ends upstairs. Honestly, in the two bedroom place I didn't enjoy passing by the 'kids room' since it was generally messy. I am likely to opt for the peace of mind (and spatial distancing) of the three bedroom place.

Also, two of us like to cook, so the kitchen and the dining space is great. Some of us are on a budget as well, so some will opt for the in home cooking and drinking.

I said to the kids that it's possible that I might only be able to reserve a two bedroom and a studio, and there was some interest... if for no other reason than swapping a room with two double/full beds for the studio with two queen beds. Still, no guarantees that the studio would be close to the two bedroom to drop in for meals, drinks, or just to get together.

I hope that helps.

Please let me know what you decide and how you decided it... it might help me.
10 lashes with a pixie stick for me, thanks Steve

Phonedave

Treehouse Villa is an option too - it sleeps 9.
3 Bedrooms + the living room

1 Queen
1 Queen
2 Bunks
1 Queen Pullout + 1 Sleeper chair

Also has 2 bathrooms

It all depends on who (if anybody) is comfortable in a bunk, or in the same queen bed as an other.

They are a bit more remote, especially if you are using a busses, but I really did not find it to be an issue.

We had two couples and 3 kids in it when we stayed there.

nickys

Premium Member
Treehouse Villa is an option too - it sleeps 9.
3 Bedrooms + the living room

1 Queen
1 Queen
2 Bunks
1 Queen Pullout + 1 Sleeper chair

Also has 2 bathrooms

It all depends on who (if anybody) is comfortable in a bunk, or in the same queen bed as an other.

They are a bit more remote, especially if you are using a busses, but I really did not find it to be an issue.

We had two couples and 3 kids in it when we stayed there.
Those bunks aren’t full size though. And OP mentioned all the young ones were 20 somethings.

And unless those in the master are happy with people coming through to use the bathroom, it means 7 people using one bathroom.

Phonedave

Those bunks aren’t full size though. And OP mentioned all the young ones were 20 somethings.

And unless those in the master are happy with people coming through to use the bathroom, it means 7 people using one bathroom.

I think they are twin beds, so it depends on the person. Me, I'm 6'4" so no bed is long enough.

I didn't think of the bathroom thing. We had no issues with it because they were our kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom