3/29 WDW Photo Update - F&G Festival/Wilderness Lodge

peter11435

Original Poster
Quick Photo update from a few places around the world.

Just click the image to see a much larger version.

Wilderness Lodge

The buffalo topiaries outside the lodge have been replaced with these birds. I preferred the buffalos myself.

The next three are of the redesigned Roaring Forks. Sorry about the poor quality. I had my camera on the wrong setting.

A nice boat

They were rebuilding the dock on the left side. It looked good and the entire area smelled like saw dust.

A quick shot from MGM

Construction equipment in the Epcot parking lot. They are in the process of repaving the road through the Epcot parking plaza.

peter11435

Original Poster
Prep work for the Flower and Garden Festival. This is on the right side of the land. They have replanted the existing area as well as put down new sod. Now they are adding a few new planters to the area as well.

Flowers have already been planted around the water near Imagination.

Thats it for this update. If you have any questions please ask.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Big improvement at Epcot in 24 hours!

The planter by the Land was all dirt except the already established flowerbed. Tons of little "Lowes" flags stuck in it, and half of the waterway planter was just dirt too.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The area by Seas (that hill in the Land photos) has been aerated - essentially a machine cuts holes in the sod and yanks out little plugs. It takes a few days or it to heal, but yeah, it didn't look so good.

TTATraveler

mousermerf said:
The area by Seas (that hill in the Land photos) has been aerated - essentially a machine cuts holes in the sod and yanks out little plugs. It takes a few days or it to heal, but yeah, it didn't look so good.

I am going to be down there for the F&G show this year for the first time in a while and it figures it would be a dry/drought year.:lookaroun I hope Disney can work its magic and Florida gets some rain.

peter11435

Original Poster
TTATraveler said:
I am going to be down there for the F&G show this year for the first time in a while and it figures it would be a dry/drought year.:lookaroun I hope Disney can work its magic and Florida gets some rain.
Don't worry. It will look great for the festivel.

ArielBelle

Is it just me or does Roaring Forks look the same?? Or did they add that stone and stuff?? Or was the rehab just to clean it up? I guess my mind is playing tricks on me.

Also always makes me wonder why Wilderness Lodge and Disney's Vero Beach Resort look SO simiar. I mean, i LOVE both, but they are very much the same from the outside. :veryconfu

imamouse

Great photos - thanks for sharing! To me, the way the flowers are planted in the last 2 photos in post #2 look like flags. Hmmm.....

GoofyMom2

Thanks for the great photos!

Yes, it looks like the area needs some rain.......but just not while I am there! :lol:

2 days to go!!!

elle72688

Thanks for another great update Peter (I love coming here to see another update from you!!). I hope to make it down next year for the Flower and Garden festival.

wannab@dis

Nice Pictures!

Thank you for taking the time to post these pictures and keep us informed. You're spoiling us with these almost daily updates! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom