3/20 small Animal Kingdom photo update

peter11435

Original Poster
I went to AK again this afternoon for a few hours. Unfortunately I didn't ride Everest today: stand-by was at 60 minutes and all Fastpass were gone for the day.

There were many people working at the Tarzan/Nemo site. There was nothing really new to report there.

The Everest/Discovery Channel display at the park entrance has been worked on a little more since the other photos I posted of it. They have added many colorful skies and other related equipment. It has made it look much better IMO. They have also added four TV screens around the display that repeat a short ad for the Everest TV shows as well as a short segment with Joe Rhode about the attraction and the shows. They also had a CM there to answer questions.

The wall between the Everest bathrooms and Fastpass distribution has now been completely removed. As I reported earlier they have moved the brightly painted bus that used to be at the entrance to Asia to this location. There is still another construction wall up where the truck used to be.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Just click the image to see a much larger version.

bcampione

Awesome update! Thanks for the pics!

Did you get a cnahce to check out kilimanjaro safaris and see if the rehabs going as scheduled? They're supposed to be doing work on the geysers, poachers truck and out where the fences were set up.

peter11435

Original Poster
bcampione said:
Awesome update! Thanks for the pics!

Did you get a cnahce to check out kilimanjaro safaris and see if the rehabs going as scheduled? They're supposed to be doing work on the geysers, poachers truck and out where the fences were set up.
I didn't ride the Safari today, but as I reported a little while ago most of the geysers have been fixed. For a while none of them were working at all, but the last couple of times I have been on most of them have been working. Also the last time I was on they had almost completly removed the fence on the savannah where they had been working on the drainage project.

mcranmer

Very nice photos! Thanks for posting them. What time of the day did you try to get a Fastpass? I'm asking because I plan on going for a day or two this summer, and I want to make sure I get there early enough to get one. It may be none of my business, but if you didn't do Everest and you didn't do the Safari, what did you do?

CaptainMichael

mcranmer said:
Very nice photos! Thanks for posting them. What time of the day did you try to get a Fastpass? I'm asking because I plan on going for a day or two this summer, and I want to make sure I get there early enough to get one. It may be none of my business, but if you didn't do Everest and you didn't do the Safari, what did you do?
Peter has the wonderful luxury of being able to go to the parks and just walk around because he lives 3.3 miles away from SSE and has an A.P. Not only does Peter benefit from this but us as well.:wave:

peter11435

Original Poster
mcranmer said:
I didn't get there until about 3:00. To be honest I really had no plans of riding Everest nor did I really try to get a Fastpass. I just noticed they were gone while I was there.

As for what I did. Nothing really, I just walked around for an hour. As you can see by my location I live very close to WDW. I can be to AK (or any other WDW park) in 5-10 minutes. Some times when I visit the parks it is not to really do anything but rather just to walk around, enjoy the atmosphere, take pictures, and look for changes.

peter11435

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Peter has the wonderful luxury of being able to go to the parks and just walk around because he lives 3.3 miles away from SSE and has an A.P. Not only does Peter benefit from this but us as well.:wave:
You beat me to it.

Thanks for the kind words.

basas

So how is Everest's queue doing these days? Where are they finding room to put the overflow? I know 60 minutes is supposed to fit inside the permanent queue, but it has been much higher than that on several occasions…are they just letting it form up in a huge line (like space), or is it controlled with temp. switchbacks or something outside?

1stStarIC2nite

basas said:
So how is Everest's queue doing these days? Where are they finding room to put the overflow? I know 60 minutes is supposed to fit inside the permanent queue, but it has been much higher than that on several occasions…are they just letting it form up in a huge line (like space), or is it controlled with temp. switchbacks or something outside?

When I was there in March, the line went out of the queue to the left (if looking at the buildings from the water area), through the far side of the fastpass distribution, and then along the wall between the FP area and bathrooms, so it may or may not be changed now...

peter11435

Original Poster
basas said:
When the queue extends out of the permanent queue they have ropes set up that bring the line back through the far right side of the Fastpass distribution area, and then along the side of the path towards the bathrooms/painted bus.

napnet

peter11435 said:
I didn't get there until about 3:00. To be honest I really had no plans of riding Everest nor did I really try to get a Fastpass. I just noticed they were gone while I was there.

I was there at 9:40 am and fast pass was already upto 12:15-1:15 so i just waited it out... 50 minute wait but when i got done it was up to 80... sunday was very crowded... much more than i thought it would be. May go again this weekend to ride it again.

napnet

peter11435 said:
When the queue extends out of the permanent queue they have ropes set up that bring the line back through the far right side of the Fastpass distribution area, and then along the side of the path towards the bathrooms/painted bus.

It was very annoying... alot of people seemed confused and were in line at the Fast Pass when they thought it was the line. Thankfully i figured it out :) They need a sign or something like that, i thought it was very poorly done.

Also, alot of people have defaced the bamboo in the queue writing their names and sorts. Nothing shows low class like doing that :zipit:

peter11435

Original Poster
napnet said:
It was very annoying... alot of people seemed confused and were in line at the Fast Pass when they thought it was the line. Thankfully i figured it out :) They need a sign or something like that, i thought it was very poorly done.

I too have seen many people confused by the set up. But they do have a sign that says Stand by entrance that they can and do move around to where ever the entrance to the line is.

napnet said:
Also, alot of people have defaced the bamboo in the queue writing their names and sorts. Nothing shows low class like doing that :zipit:

I have seen the same thing. People have no respect for property. There are many things in the queue that have been destroyed already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom