2pm park hopping is ridiculous now

durangojim

Original Poster
With food and wine occurring and EPCOT still not opening until 11am each morning, it means many people with park hoppers have to decide if they want to wait to do nothing in the morning when it comes to parks if they’re going to EPCOT. My wife and I are here for a long weekend and we enjoy having lunch at the food and wine booths between 11 and 12. We’re also early risers which means after we go for a long walk in the morning we either need to wait to get into EPCOT at 11 or go to a different park and get lunch there at 2. In the grand scheme of things it’s not a big deal but still seems silly now. I spoke with guest services today and they said they understand our frustration but due to covid there are no plans to change it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Its annoying for those of us that are rope droppers but you'll get the later nighters that enjoy being able to sleep in and stay until 10pm.
So its a wash really.
Nice thing about it right now for me personally is that I plan on taking advantage of the later opening one day to go to Kona Cafe for breakfast and not have to worry about missing rope drop.

Clamman73

Even more so now with the Epcot monorail open…I would do a rope drop MK and then go to Epcot for an 11 opening if you could.
But in general I hope it goes back to a 9 opening in the fall.

Ayla

Even more so now with the Epcot monorail open…I would do a rope drop MK and then go to Epcot for an 11 opening if you could.
But in general I hope it goes back to a 9 opening in the fall.
You can't park hop until 2pm or later.

Ayla

Right…my comment is that a 2pm Park hop time is even more ridiculous now b/c you can (could) easily ditch out of MK at lunchtime via monorail like old times, but w/ the 2pm time…no good.
Ok. I thought you were advising them to start at MK and then go to Epcot at 11. My bad!

durangojim

Original Poster
Its annoying for those of us that are rope droppers but you'll get the later nighters that enjoy being able to sleep in and stay until 10pm.
So its a wash really.
Nice thing about it right now for me personally is that I plan on taking advantage of the later opening one day to go to Kona Cafe for breakfast and not have to worry about missing rope drop.
I don’t care if Epcot doesn’t open until 11, it’s just that I can’t go to any other park before 11 if I want to go to Epcot before 2

tanc

last august I honestly really missed park hopper. The crowds were so low, we were doing parks within like 6 hours and had nothing else to do afterward. Park hopping would have been great at that time, but knowing how crowded EPCOT gets, it's not good that it exists at 2PM.

TokyoMiki

Hopping is such an inefficient way to spend time at WDW. I would never do it unless under very unusual circumstances. And if you're bussing, then
forget it. Game over. That ain't even vacationing anymore.

The only workable combos are Epcot & Studio(barely) and Epcot & MK. But even those come with a fairly nasty consequence.

Imagine being at AK and looking to get to Epcot Germany via bus. You be half nuts to play that.

vikescaper

Hopping is such an inefficient way to spend time at WDW. I would never do it unless under very unusual circumstances. And if you're bussing, then

The only workable combos are Epcot & Studio(barely) and Epcot & MK. But even those come with a fairly nasty consequence.

Imagine being at AK and looking to get to Epcot Germany via bus. You be half nuts to play that.
I guess I have never really had any issues park hopping, before or during the pandemic. You just have to make sure you give yourself enough transit time to make it to the other park.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

Its really not all that difficult.
I park hop every time.
If you're a first timer well then no no need to park hop but when you've been a number of times and know what you enjoy doing at what park at what time of the day then park hopping is pretty easy.
I usually hop from HS to EPCOT and MK to EPCOT. (What are the "nasty consequences"??)
I've done it all ways though.
Its also very helpful on quick and dirty weekend trips. You can hit the highlights with a 2 day park hopper and an after hours/party ticket

Ayla

LOL Then you get on a BW, BC or YC bus at AK to get to Germany. It isn't hard or inefficient at all if you know what you're doing.

JIMINYCR

Exactly why we did not buy into a PH option for the first time in all our trips. Usually we take full advantage of using it at our pleasure but now with limiting us theres very little value in it. For the first time we ate at a restaurant in the same park we were in all day. At the end of our trip it felt like we had been short changed by not getting through multiple parks on multiple days.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Exactly why we did not buy into a PH option for the first time in all our trips. Usually we take full advantage of using it at our pleasure but now with limiting us theres very little value in it. For the first time we ate at a restaurant in the same park we were in all day. At the end of our trip it felt like we had been short changed by not getting through multiple parks on multiple days.

I get what you're saying but at the same time you short changed yourself by not adding PH...
You could have still gone to multiple parks on multiple days.
I guess it all depends on how you tour because I've been to 3 parks in one day and usually don't leave my first park until at least 1pm. So right now Iif I left my first park at 1:30pm I'd be right on time for park hopping at 2pm.

JIMINYCR

I get what you're saying but at the same time you short changed yourself by not adding PH...
You could have still gone to multiple parks on multiple days.
I guess it all depends on how you tour because I've been to 3 parks in one day and usually don't leave my first park until at least 1pm. So right now Iif I left my first park at 1:30pm I'd be right on time for park hopping at 2pm.
Not worth it to us with the time limitations. If we lose the freedom to choose to hop when we want it has less value for us to buy and use.

DisneyMusician2

Eh the 2PM doesn't bother me much, I actually don't mind the late rise Epcot day. When I was there a few weeks ago, it was nice to book a sit-down breakfast, sleep a little later and feel like I wasn't losing a ton of time on my day. I think its all about how you approach it

durangojim

Original Poster

I must be nuts then. Not sure what planet you’re from but efficiency is the last thing on my list when I stay at WDW, which is usually 4-5 weeks out of the year. I much prefer to get up early, go for a long walk, hit a park for a couple of hours then go to EPCOT for early lunch during the festivals and then back to the room for a while to take it easy. Get some dinner later and do another park. My park commando days have been long gone.

durangojim

Original Poster

Hop on a bus to beach club and then walk to Germany? Doesn’t seem that tough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom