2nd Annual 31 Days of Imagineering

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Knott’s Presents:

Jaguar!

A routine tour of a restored pyramid at a cultural museum turns into an expedition as a hidden room is discovered, containing the remains of a giant jaguar and the chronicles of her exploits. Accidentally ingesting dust from the expedition, our protagonist ends up turning into a giant werebeast herself, and turning the entire expedition upside-down, as the ghost of a thief manages to possess the leader, and even the expedition vehicle!
Ooooohhh that's some real outside the box thinking! I like it!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
December 23rd
Holiday Maze for Universal OR A holiday ride overlay for Universal!

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with ideas for either a Holiday themed maze (think a Christmas version of a HHN Maze) or a Holiday themed overlay of a ride (like Haunted Mansion Holiday) for Universal Studios!​

Miru

“Don’t Be A Jerk, It’s Christmas!”

SpongeBob maze set up in Toon Lagoon. The maze tells the events of “It’s a SpongeBob Christmas!” Animated figures, including perhaps some animatronics that could be recycled into a permanent ride, are commonplace, as are hidden references to the show.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
“Don’t Be A Jerk, It’s Christmas!”

SpongeBob maze set up in Toon Lagoon. The maze tells the events of “It’s a SpongeBob Christmas!” Animated figures, including perhaps some animatronics that could be recycled into a permanent ride, are commonplace, as are hidden references to the show.
Ooooohh I like it

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Merry Christmas everyone! I forgot to post this last night!
December 25th
New Holiday Overlay of a Disney Attraction!

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with some ideas for new holiday overlays! (Also, we can keep this prompt going an extra day since this was posted so late)​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Merry Christmas everyone! I forgot to post this last night!
December 25th
New Holiday Overlay of a Disney Attraction!

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with some ideas for new holiday overlays! (Also, we can keep this prompt going an extra day since this was posted so late)​
I'd love to see a Coco Overlay for The Three Cabs ride in Epcot. Start in October for Day of the Dead/Halloween, then keep it going through Christmas because the themes of family in that movie are perfect for the whole holiday season!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
December 26th
Epcot Flat Ride!

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with a flat ride to add to Epcot! Only rule, no Mary Poppins. That's been so rumored and discussed for every possible angle of what the Mary Poppins ride will be, let's try to move on to other ideas!​

Miru

The Gyrometeroscope, a new “Future World” flat ride designed as an art piece in itself, akin to the Astro Orbiter. This is more intense than the Astro Orbiter, as it’s a scrambler ride. It gives riders a good view of Epcot from above.

Maybe also add a Ferris Wheel to The American Adventure, with a patriotic theme, or recreating the original Ferris Wheel as closely as possible.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Gyrometeroscope, a new “Future World” flat ride designed as an art piece in itself, akin to the Astro Orbiter. This is more intense than the Astro Orbiter, as it’s a scrambler ride. It gives riders a good view of Epcot from above.

Maybe also add a Ferris Wheel to The American Adventure, with a patriotic theme, or recreating the original Ferris Wheel as closely as possible.
Oooh I like the idea of a Flat Ride that doubles as a kinetic art piece!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
December 27th
Fix the Rise of Skywalker (If you didn't like it)
Or
Follow it up with more cool stuff (If you did like it)
Or
Suggest a Star Wars Spin Off (If you haven't seen it)

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with ideas for the future of Star Wars!

Pleas be sure to use spoiler stuff to hide any spoilers!​

spacemt354

Chili's
December 27th
Fix the Rise of Skywalker (If you didn't like it)
Or
Follow it up with more cool stuff (If you did like it)
Or
Suggest a Star Wars Spin Off (If you haven't seen it)

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with ideas for the future of Star Wars!

Pleas be sure to use spoiler stuff to hide any spoilers!​
It's not exactly rocket science to Star Wars fans but the next set of films should be set way back in the past, far away from any original trilogy connections.

They've shown with the Mandalorian that they can take familiar concepts and apply them well to original characters. The same can be done for the Old Republic. Video games, comics, and much more are all at their disposal to be inspired by or derive from.

There is enough content in the Old Republic that they could truly set up the next 3 trilogies and at the very least 1 trilogy.

Along with the Disney+ Kenobi series, I'd like to see them make one about Luke post-Return of the Jedi till the Battle of Jakku/Kylo Ren. Starting the Jedi Training Academy, (minor spoiler, if that) I'd like to see Lando and Luke's quest to find the Sith relics that was merely a passing comment but sounded cool to me. It could also provide reasonable context for Luke's decisions in TLJ similar to how the Black Widow prequel is supposed to provide more context to her decisions in Endgame.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
It's not exactly rocket science to Star Wars fans but the next set of films should be set way back in the past, far away from any original trilogy connections.

They've shown with the Mandalorian that they can take familiar concepts and apply them well to original characters. The same can be done for the Old Republic. Video games, comics, and much more are all at their disposal to be inspired by or derive from.

There is enough content in the Old Republic that they could truly set up the next 3 trilogies and at the very least 1 trilogy.

Along with the Disney+ Kenobi series, I'd like to see them make one about Luke post-Return of the Jedi till the Battle of Jakku/Kylo Ren. Starting the Jedi Training Academy, (minor spoiler, if that) I'd like to see Lando and Luke's quest to find the Sith relics that was merely a passing comment but sounded cool to me. It could also provide reasonable context for Luke's decisions in TLJ similar to how the Black Widow prequel is supposed to provide more context to her decisions in Endgame.
I definitely agree that Mandalorian is a good blue print for how they should go forward.

I'm a big fan of Red Letter Media reviews. I don't always agree with everything they say about Star Wars, but they make some good points about Star Wars.

Star Wars feels like a really big universe, but its actually very small. It's jedi, sith, empire, rebels, Skywalkers, Dessert planets, cantinas, humanoid droids, cute droids with one eye, nameless faceless armies, and lightsabers.

New Star Wars stuff that tries to expand from these tend to wind up circling back to just being these things again. The Senate from the prequel trilogy slowly just becomes the Empire. The Salt planet visually just looks like a new snow planet. Batuu is basically just Mos Eisley with some new visuals.
Rey starts her journey as an original character from a new planet (even if it was still a dessert planet) and ends her journey on Jakku calling herself a Skywalker. The First Order becomes the Empire. D0 rips off BB8 who rips off R2D2.
Its all circles back to the same things. And when it doesn't, people complain until they circle it back again. Star Wars is secretly a small world after all.

BUT the Mandalorian does the opposite of Sequel Trilogy/Rogue One. Instead if starting with new stuff and then circling it back to the same familiar things, Mandalorian uses familiar icons as a jumping off point for new stories and ideas. Bounty hunter, Boba Fett, Yoda, a dessert Planet... This is how Mandalorian started, and then it branched off from there into unique and interesting things. Even the Empire (so far) has been treated really differently from how we've seen before. Though I'm still skeptical. Haven't seen episodes 7 and 8 yet, so I'm still worried Mandalorian is gonna circle back and fight an army of Storm Troopers and meet a Clone Wars character or something. Thus making Star Wars smaller again.

Going forward, this is a good model in my mind. Follow a Jedi, but one not a part of the order who explores deep space. Almost like a missionary or something like that who is off on their protecting the balance of the forcer far from the Empire, Senate, Jedi Order, etc. Go to the Old Republic like you suggested that has Sith and Jedi Order, but absolutely no familiar characters or locations.

Ya gotta find ways to expand Star Wars, but that has to be done carefully.

Jon Favreau and Filioni should fill the Kevin Feigie role for Star Wars. Set the new direction.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
December 28th
Special Event or Temporary Attraction for Animal Kingdom

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with an idea for something to do in Animal Kingdom to distract people while Everest is closed to fix the Yeti. Think the Incredibes Street in Studios or Star Wars Launch Bay in scale. Or maybe something like Pixar Fest from Disneyland or a new show.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom