IMMMAAAAAAAAAGGGGINNNAAATTTIOOONNNN!!!!

figment_moon.jpg

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
December 3rd
Design an all new Frozen Land!

For today, we are gonna venture Into the Unknown! In honor of Frozen 2 being a huge success and already a beloved follow up, let's design a new Frozen Land!

What park should it be in? Should it just be blue sky and not tied to any park? More based on the first film? Focused on the wilderness from the second? Small and practical? Giant and impractical, but fun? Lots of options for some cool ideas!

Side note: the Panic at the Disco cover of Into the Unknown might be my top new song from 2019 in general that I've heard. Great song by one of my favorite bands!​

Miru

Small and practical indoor area in Blizzard Beach, compromises of elements from both films, plus nods to the extended universe material of the IP. Features immersive and innovative water attractions, and is designed as a pull to get more to come to the water parks for these more indoor adventures to take.

Going “Into the Unknown”, the E-Ticket is set in the mysterious wilderness, and reveals even more creatures! The mysterious new storyline is unveiled! There’s also a “sled race” attraction for families to participate in, featuring cameos of expanded universe (books) characters, who receive merchandise for the first time.

Last edited:

Voxel

President of Progress City
December 3rd
Design an all new Frozen Land!

For today, we are gonna venture Into the Unknown! In honor of Frozen 2 being a huge success and already a beloved follow up, let's design a new Frozen Land!

What park should it be in? Should it just be blue sky and not tied to any park? More based on the first film? Focused on the wilderness from the second? Small and practical? Giant and impractical, but fun? Lots of options for some cool ideas!

Side note: the Panic at the Disco cover of Into the Unknown might be my top new song from 2019 in general that I've heard. Great song by one of my favorite bands!​
I'm gonna have to fight you on that.. I prefer Taeyeon cover of the song much more than Panic at the Disco's version.. :p

Small and practical area in Blizzard Beach, compromises of elements from both films, plus nods to the extended universe material of the IP. Features immersive and innovative water attractions, and is designed as a pull to get more to come to the water parks for these more indoor adventures to take.

Going “Into the Unknown”, the E-Ticket is set in the mysterious wilderness, and reveals even more creatures! The mysterious new storyline is unveiled! There’s also a “sled race” attraction.
Not gonna like I really like the idea of an expansion to Blizzard Beach where Elsa throws her spin on it. A bit more magical, you enter into a ice cavern and find yourself in an indoor Ice Water Water. This would allow a portion of Blizzard Beach to stay open during cold weather days.

PerGron

As both Frozen films are in my top 5 favorite Disney animated films, I think they need a massive unrealistic blue sky park land.

I’d have it themed to Arendelle from the first film (as it’s more recognizable to many) where the castle would serve as a meet and greet for Elsa and Anna (in their Frozen I costumes, I think the new costumes at Epcot look awful) as well as Olaf.

For attractions, I’d probably port over Frozen Ever After. I’d also port over the frozen sing along because that show is hilarious and fun and doesn’t belong at studios. Add in a bunch of the Frozen 2 songs and voila, a perfect show.

For new attractions, a coaster set on the North Mountain with Elsa’s ice castle there. Basically in the vein of The Matterhorn but give it a frozen twist. I’d also add in a dark ride based on Frozen 2 set in a sub land themed to the mysterious forest that focuses less on the story of Frozen 2 and more like a Navi River Journey where you encounter the elemental spirits, the native people, and go up to the place Elsa shows up in in the film. I’d still have a few songs featured in the ride but I don’t think a Frozen 2 book report ride would fit in this version of my land.

Shops include, of course, Wandering Oaken’s trading post, have a quick service restaurant that I haven’t come up with an idea for yet, and probably a small chocolate shop due to the sisters loving chocolate.

As for Kristoff, have him and Sven (maybe ala Kevin at AK or a puppet like AK’s Christmas stuff) walking around from time to time to interact with guests.

There’s a jumbled mess of an idea that I wrote 2 minutes before leaving for work, but I think it’s the land frozen deserves

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
As both Frozen films are in my top 5 favorite Disney animated films, I think they need a massive unrealistic blue sky park land.

I’d have it themed to Arendelle from the first film (as it’s more recognizable to many) where the castle would serve as a meet and greet for Elsa and Anna (in their Frozen I costumes, I think the new costumes at Epcot look awful) as well as Olaf.

For attractions, I’d probably port over Frozen Ever After. I’d also port over the frozen sing along because that show is hilarious and fun and doesn’t belong at studios. Add in a bunch of the Frozen 2 songs and voila, a perfect show.

For new attractions, a coaster set on the North Mountain with Elsa’s ice castle there. Basically in the vein of The Matterhorn but give it a frozen twist. I’d also add in a dark ride based on Frozen 2 set in a sub land themed to the mysterious forest that focuses less on the story of Frozen 2 and more like a Navi River Journey where you encounter the elemental spirits, the native people, and go up to the place Elsa shows up in in the film. I’d still have a few songs featured in the ride but I don’t think a Frozen 2 book report ride would fit in this version of my land.

Shops include, of course, Wandering Oaken’s trading post, have a quick service restaurant that I haven’t come up with an idea for yet, and probably a small chocolate shop due to the sisters loving chocolate.

As for Kristoff, have him and Sven (maybe ala Kevin at AK or a puppet like AK’s Christmas stuff) walking around from time to time to interact with guests.

There’s a jumbled mess of an idea that I wrote 2 minutes before leaving for work, but I think it’s the land frozen deserves
This is honestly about exactly what I was picturing! A matterhorn style coaster for the North Mountain. A Navi Rive Journey style atmospheric boat dark ride for the enchanted forest. A port of the sing along (Which is better than the show at DCA, fight me DisTwitter). An updated version of Frozen Ever After.

I'd probably add a flat ride too, but I can't quite think of one

@Miru @Voxel I love the Blizzard Beach expansion idea! I've always loved Blizzard Beach, but the theme is very limiting. They've already done basically all they can do with it. A full retheme to Frozen or a Frozen themed expansion could be amazing! And a great chance to show Universal what a "Water Theme Park" really is!

Suchomimus

Instead of Fantasy Springs, DisneySea's newest expansion would be The Kingdom of Arendelle. In terms of attractions, I would use Frozen Ever After; which would have new scenes to give the attraction better pacing; and a family coaster similar to the upcoming coaster at Hong Kong, but set in the northern forest. Arendelle would feature small shoppes and restaurants, while the streets would also feature street performances with the citizens of Arendelle. At the castle, guest would be able to find a couple of new experiences. A restaurant similar to Be Our Guest, a meet and greet, a walk around experience, and a new show.
tumblr_px7kbx1rem1qaj0h3o4_r2_540.gifv

tumblr_px7kbx1rem1qaj0h3o1_r1_540.gifv
This show would tell Scandinavian folk tales and legends by the Arendellen performers in the castle theaters, who would mix live performers, puppets, and animatronics.

Miru

This is honestly about exactly what I was picturing! A matterhorn style coaster for the North Mountain. A Navi Rive Journey style atmospheric boat dark ride for the enchanted forest. A port of the sing along (Which is better than the show at DCA, fight me DisTwitter). An updated version of Frozen Ever After.

I'd probably add a flat ride too, but I can't quite think of one

@Miru @Voxel I love the Blizzard Beach expansion idea! I've always loved Blizzard Beach, but the theme is very limiting. They've already done basically all they can do with it. A full retheme to Frozen or a Frozen themed expansion could be amazing! And a great chance to show Universal what a "Water Theme Park" really is!

A full retheme of BB would be a nice thing too, though it would be sad to lose Ice Gator unless he’s moved over to Typhoon Lagoon to be with Lagoona. In fact, enclosing it would make us able to compete with VB 24/7/52! Though Disney seems to prefer mono-IP stuff as only singular lands...

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
December 4th
4th Game in a beloved Video Game Series Day!
Red Dead 4 and Kingdom Hearts 4!

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with fun ideas for the fourth game in the Red Dead series (AKA Red Dead Redemption 3) and Kingdom Hearts 4! What player characters do you want? Settings, locations, and levels? Storylines and themes?

Voxel

President of Progress City
December 4th

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with fun ideas for the fourth game in the Red Dead series (AKA Red Dead Redemption 3) and Kingdom Hearts 4! What player characters do you want? Settings, locations, and levels? Storylines and themes?
I don't have any story ideas for Kingdom hearts 4, but i have a game play element. LESS exposition. I don't want my gameplay stopped every 10 mins for 5 to 20 mins of cutscene. Let's us play the game.

I also believe the open world needs to be a bit more open world. KH3 open world felt more barren than some of the world areas found in KH1.

PerGron

More animals in Red Dead 3 please. Red Dead 2 was great, but is seriously missing some additions. Otters and Porcupines are notably missing. Also, because they were alive at the time and are now extinct, passenger pigeons, carolina parakeets, Heath hen, and Ivory-billed woodpecker.

I also think you should be able to tame and keep your own dog just like you do a horse. Plus, it’d be fun to tame your own parrot or raven or something small (no moose or bears or whatnot) and keep it around with you.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I don't have any story ideas for Kingdom hearts 4, but i have a game play element. LESS exposition. I don't want my gameplay stopped every 10 mins for 5 to 20 mins of cutscene. Let's us play the game.

I also believe the open world needs to be a bit more open world. KH3 open world felt more barren than some of the world areas found in KH1.
Storytelling in general needs a major overhaul in the Kingdom Hearts Games. I actually think the plots keep getting better and better, but the way those plots are communicated gets worse and worse! I shouldn't be trapped watching 45 minutes of cutscenes between each level and then still need to Google what happened. The story really isn't that complicated, they just tell it poorly.

And Kingdom Hearts 1 had a HUB world, and reasons to revisit worlds beyond just being a completionist. You could only do synthesis, drop off Dalmatians, and visit Merlin from Traverse Town. Plus, the story made you go back there multiple times. Then you had Trinity marks and movement abilities you unlocked as the game progressed that allowed you to explore more of the worlds as you did more of the story. It felt almost like a collectathon platformer mixed with an adventure game.

Later games made all that done through pause menus and save points, so no need for a HuB world. Plus, movement abilities are largely optional or unlocked automatically from the start. Plus, Dalmatians and trinity marks were cut. So, there's no real incentive to explore anymore and nothing that special to find if you do.

kmbmw777

December 4th

The reason why I’ve never been into kingdom hearts is because so much of the game is cutscenes and expositions, where I don’t know really the context for what is happening unless I watch a 2 hour YouTube video recapping the last 10 games. In a new game, I would try to shorten the cutscenes and make a story that is less dependent on other games that way it can be more engaging to newcomers.

kmbmw777

The reason why I’ve never been into kingdom hearts is because so much of the game is cutscenes and expositions, where I don’t know really the context for what is happening unless I watch a 2 hour YouTube video recapping the last 10 games. In a new game, I would try to shorten the cutscenes and make a story that is less dependent on other games that way it can be more engaging to newcomers.
I didn’t really read anyone else’s replies before posting this, but it’s comforting to see I am not alone in this opinion.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
A couple ideas for the 4th entry (yes, there are three Red Dead titles; Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Redemption 2). The first and most probable is Red Dead Redemption 3. Now I don’t know if this would be sequel where we follow Jack Marston; John Marston’s son from the RDR games; or a prequel like RDR2 where we follow Dutch Van Der Linde or Arthur Morgan’s father, but either way, we could very well see the other states outside of New Austin, West Elizabeth, Ambarino, New Hanover, and Lemoyne.
Another title that’s been discussed by fans is a Civil War era chapter of Red Dead, since we know that Lemoyne in particular had one of the bloodiest battles in the war. This could also open up the opposite of Lannahechee River seen in this map here, as well as north of Ambarino.
I'd also like to make this a prompt. After playing thru RDR2 I started a brainstorm of a potential RDR3, it's unfinished and was supposed to go on the Rockstar Forums, but I think I could post it here, provided it's "on the topic". I'd be most interested in heading further west, to the real wilderness, and possibly even down to Tropical Southern Mexico.
December 4th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom