25 year search for my Disney Audio Holy Grail has ended!!

bh7812

Original Poster
Hey everyone!

I'm heading down to Disney tomorrow morning, but before I go I want to post an update on something that I've been meaning to for about a month now. My very first post/thread on this forum when I signed up 5 years ago was this thread:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/an-odd-question-been-looking-for-an-answer.302593/

In that thread, I detailed my at that point already very long journey to find my Disney audio holy grail, and boy did I pick more or less one of the things that in terms of Disney audio undoubtedly fits that definition! Of all the Disney audio holy grails out there I could possibly have wanted to find I definitely picked one of the ones that's been at the more extreme difficult to find end of the scale. This ought to be one hell of a pick me up and encouragement to those still looking for their Disney audio holy grails..

The short version of this is after a VERY long. extremely tiring 25, that's right you're reading that correctly..TWENTY FIVE year long search at the end of August I succeeded in finding my Disney audio holy grail!! I want to post this for everyone because of what it was I had been trying to find..in that 25 year search I completely stumped upwards of 5 Disney forums with this one, Disney themselves swore the music I had been trying to find had no identifiable titles or artist, and I even stumped Dave Smith himself which is NO easy feat! I was told by many I would probably never find it let alone any fair quality clips of it. Let's put it this way, I was told my odds of finding even just a few moments clip of what I was looking for with passable audio quality was almost 1 in a billion. Literally. Well, I defied all of it and not only did I find everything I was looking for, I found it all in direct source CD quality audio. Everything is full and complete.

I'm going to paste in the longer version of the insane series of events that suddenly ended my 25 year long search at the end of August for those who want to read it. In it you'll find everything ID'd with full album, title and artist info. I posted the long version of this on Mousebits, I want to share this with everyone here though because of the unreal way in which my search finally ended:

Hi everyone!

This might be lengthy but this oughtta be quite an uplifting update for this entire community. It's worth everyone's time to read I guarantee that much.

As a lot of regulars here might remember, last year I posted a topic called "Journey To Find A Disney Holy Grail", which can be found here:
http://www.mousebits.com/smf/index.php?topic=7198.msg61516#msg61516

As that 3-page thread can attest to, my search to find the 5-somg loop from the old Channel 10 "Around The World Today" program at WDW had proven to be a complete, royal, total nightmare. I had been hitting all kinds of dead ends with absolutely no leads to go on. The only time when you should give an update on a thread like that is when you have very substantial news/progress to report. I am about to give this forum a hell of a doozy update...I need to preface this by saying the situation was the same as it was in that thread last year, up until 4 days ago....but here's the update...

Against all the odds, the literally 1 in a billion odds placed against me for close to 25 years now, I have successfully found ALL 5 songs that were used in "Around The World Today" I was looking for!! This is still unreal and honestly I'm expecting to wake up anytime now and find I dreamt this. Please understand, this was NO easy feat. That music is..to put it bluntly so damn rare and obscure this last 6 months I had finally accepted I probably wouldn't ever find it. I want to give Mousebits a huge gift and tell everyone the exact artist and titles for the songs used but this forum should hear the crazy- series of events that finally ended my search.

-Downloaded the newest version of Shazam onto my iPad Friday night.
-In playing around with it I got to thinking of that music again and thought "What the hell, can't hurt to try again." Let me say here that around the time I made that thread last year, when I tried to put the audio from that YouTube video referenced in the thread it couldn't find a match...zero..zip...NADA.
-I start running the audio through the newest version of Shazam and it's doing it's thing a bit longer than usual and I'm thinking it's my connection since it doesn't always cooperate. But then suddenly, it says it matched it! At that point it's like no way, it can't have just matched it, it's glitching. Ran it 3 more times and every time it said it found it.
-I contact the one other person who'd also been trying to find this music that I'd been working with on and off the last few years to try to find it. He says it matched it on his end too. Says the album can be bought on iTunes and Amazon Instant.
-Sunday I buy some iTunes cards thinking might as well see for myself if it really did successfully match the one song. I buy the album it's telling me it's on, not terribly hopeful at all.
-I listen through the entire album...and not only is one of the songs on it, ALL the songs used on the old Channel 10 are there. You all need to know after I went through this album, I was physically stunned. A ton of emotions ran through me, and I cried. That's to be expected after a near 25 damn year search.

So suddenly, I've gone in 4 days from that OK sound quality Youtube clip featuring a song and a half of the songs in that loop, to having EVERYTHING in direct source CD quality. It's...surreal to put it mildly. So, as promised, my gift to Mousebits is finally filling in the blanks that make up the old "Around The World Today" loop on Channel 10 from the 1980's.

The name of the group responsible for the songs in that loop is Network Music Ensemble.
The album the songs are on is called Disco Inferno 2.
The songs are believed to have been composed by Craig Palmer.

Here are the track numbers, and titles for the songs from that loop:

Track 1: Holiday For Lovers
Track 3: A La Valentino
Track 5: Friday Night Fever
Track 6: Glitter
The 5th song used in the loop I'm getting some conflicting info for, so to avoid a mess I won't post that part here.

The full Disco Inferno 2 album is available digitally only on both iTunes and Amazon. The kicker in this, that makes this whole damn weekend even more unreal, is this album was released JUST 2 years ago!! Up until then, this stuff really was being stored in a dark room somewhere, for damn close to 30 years I'm guessing. It was NOT available publically AT ALL. If it wasn't for this release, I'd STILL be looking and have NO clue who put everything together. The sound quality of the songs on this album is OUTSTANDING!! Whoever took care of the stuff this whole time took very good care of it.

Now just how rare, outta the way and obscure is this album? Put it like this, on Amazon's sales chart it's ranked 115,000! That's literally a needle in a 115,000 item deep haystack!

My finding the dictionary definition of Disney Holy Grail after a 25 year search I hope will be major encouragement and a huge pick me up for those still looking for their holy grails. You CAN find it, and WILL if you put in the time and effort. Depends on how much work you want to do. Might take a year-or in my case 25 years but you'll find it. DON'T give up!

I stumped upwards of 5 Disney forums with this, I even stumped Dave Smith himself with this, went through 2 decades of frustration trying to locate the music and I finally did it. I defied the severely low odds and found all of it.

That's the post I made there at the end of August just 4 days after I finally found all of it. I think that post alone will give everyone here an idea of just how obscure, rare, and difficult everything was to find. If you'd told me 25 years ago it'd take that long to finally find it I would have told you that you were crazy. I just want to thank everyone here and across the other several Disney forums I posted this story at while I was trying to find everything for offering any help at all they could and for putting up with it. My story is proof that no matter what your Disney audio holy grail is, with enough work and searching you WILL find it..might take you a month, 2 years or in my case 25 years but you'll get there :)

Since1976

Good for you! As a film score buff and a Disney audio buff I know the feeling of accomplishment you get from finally tracking down some obscure pieces of music!

Figments Friend

Congrats on this !

It is always a exciting day when you finally find a soundtrack you have been searching years for.
This happened to me recently too....and i can relate.

Again, congrats on your success !

ExtinctJenn

Congratulations on ending your search! I know the feeling well. I have (wait... calculating...) just over 13 GB of Disney Parks sounds/music, 9+ GB of which are just WDW. Some of that are live recordings where I'd love to get source audio. As such I'm always on a quest like yours, though not nearly as specific. Every time I find another source recording and can delete a live version it's a little celebration for me so I cannot even imagine what 25 years of searching for something so specific feels like once it's happened. So... YAY for you and enjoy your find!!

bh7812

Original Poster
i can always appreciate dedication to a project, well done!

Thank you everyone! Yeah, a lotta people have told me this went beyond dedication. Most have said it was downright major perseverance. I agree with that pretty wholeheartedly.

bh7812

Original Poster
Congratulations on ending your search! I know the feeling well. I have (wait... calculating...) just over 13 GB of Disney Parks sounds/music, 9+ GB of which are just WDW. Some of that are live recordings where I'd love to get source audio. As such I'm always on a quest like yours, though not nearly as specific. Every time I find another source recording and can delete a live version it's a little celebration for me so I cannot even imagine what 25 years of searching for something so specific feels like once it's happened. So... YAY for you and enjoy your find!!

Thank you Jenn!! I have close to 3 GB of Disney audio myself, split between 2 laptops, a desktop and a external hard drive (I really need to get everything all in one spot soon..the desktop is 10 years old and has almost had it). A big portion of that 3 GB is stuff I really really shouldn't have access to. Truthfully, a lot of it should have taken as long to find as this stuff did but no. Go figure :p Several things alone are probably on the top 10 most wanted lists of many. All of which many forums do not even want mentioned let alone asked for. Again, that's just my luck I'd stumble on several of the real hot potatoes.

As for my holy grail, early this year I'd finally resigned myself to and started accepting I'd probably never find any of it and just stop looking. Many asked why it was so important to find that music and why anyone would be that persistent. In the end I was so heart set on hearing that music again I wouldn't take no for an answer. I figured I'd either find it how I did or if I found it I'd have to pay several hundred dollars for part of it. So as you can imagine I'm pretty glad I updated my Shazam app! It was just something told me to try running the clip through again that night out of nowhere practically.

I listen to the music daily still. Having all of it in source CD quality to hear anytime is surreal to say the least. Incidentally, I was also looking for the old "Disney Nights" program that replaced the old "Around The World Today" stuff a few years after I'd started my search because of the phenomenal sax version of "When You Wish Upon A Star" found at the end of the program. I have also succeeded in finding that as well 3 years ago.

While I have one other thing left I would like to find, believe me it's okay if I don't because I have literally won a lottery in a way twice now :)

ExtinctJenn

While I have one other thing left I would like to find, believe me it's okay if I don't because I have literally won a lottery in a way twice now :)
Well now you've piqued my interest... what is it that you're still searching for? Who knows maybe in my 13GB I may have it. LOL!

bh7812

Original Poster
Well now you've piqued my interest... what is it that you're still searching for? Who knows maybe in my 13GB I may have it. LOL!

Welllll..the one thing I'm still searching for is in this video, starting at around 6:10 until the end of the video. Basically, the background music you're hearing during the Walt Disney World Village segment:

I really really doubt you have it, Jenn. That background music is probably as obscure and rare as the other stuff I finally found, if not more so. What are you still looking for source audio of? if I have something you're still looking for I'd be happy to dig it out of my bag of obscurities for you. If the list is too long to post here you're more than welcome to send a message and I'll see what I can do! I don't ever ask for things in return since i help out because I want so and also because I know first hand now how hard some stuff is to find let alone to get good copies of. If I can help someone out and save them the headache I went through it's worth it! :)

bh7812

Original Poster
Hooo wee does that music Scream 70's...Glad you found it. For anyone else who's curious to know what it sounds like....
http://www.amazon.com/Disco-Inferno-2-Medium-Tempo/dp/B00588CSE0

Thank you for posting that link for people!! :) I should have included that! It's also on Google All-Access as well. Yeah, it's definitely as 70's disco/elevator music-y as you can get! The songs were believed to have been among the first that group did. Probably in '79 when the group was founded.

ExtinctJenn

Welllll..the one thing I'm still searching for is in this video, starting at around 6:10 until the end of the video. Basically, the background music you're hearing during the Walt Disney World Village segment:

I really really doubt you have it, Jenn. That background music is probably as obscure and rare as the other stuff I finally found, if not more so.
Yeah after listening I'd have to agree I think. Sorry!!

What are you still looking for source audio of? if I have something you're still looking for I'd be happy to dig it out of my bag of obscurities for you. If the list is too long to post here you're more than welcome to send a message and I'll see what I can do! I don't ever ask for things in return since i help out because I want so and also because I know first hand now how hard some stuff is to find let alone to get good copies of. If I can help someone out and save them the headache I went through it's worth it! :)
Thanks for that! I have a good sized list of them but nothing I've written down. It's the kind of thing where I'll be sitting here listening to them on random play as background music while I'm working and hear one and go "man I really need a source version of that." I'll remember this though and next time that happens let ya know! :D

bh7812

Original Poster
Yeah after listening I'd have to agree I think. Sorry!!

Thanks for that! I have a good sized list of them but nothing I've written down. It's the kind of thing where I'll be sitting here listening to them on random play as background music while I'm working and hear one and go "man I really need a source version of that." I'll remember this though and next time that happens let ya know! :D

Please do! I have a great memory and remember names easily is even if you don't get around to that for a while, I'll still answer and try to help :)

Thank you for being so nice to me though, it seemed like you were as excited that I found my stuff as I was. That's great to see! I've had a pretty awful and very trying summer so it's nice to come across some really nice people again :)

cplderry

I really really doubt you have it, Jenn. That background music is probably as obscure and rare as the other stuff I finally found, if not more so. What are you still looking for source audio of? if I have something you're still looking for I'd be happy to dig it out of my bag of obscurities for you. If the list is too long to post here you're more than welcome to send a message and I'll see what I can do! I don't ever ask for things in return since i help out because I want so and also because I know first hand now how hard some stuff is to find let alone to get good copies of. If I can help someone out and save them the headache I went through it's worth it! :)

Howdy fellow lunatic who's searched for decades for this music. I've just stumbled on these old posts and don't know if anyone will ever find this. However, I have (over the years) spent countless hours searching and compiling track names from the 1988 information channel video (also on youtube at: ). So far what I've come up with, in no order except for your requested marketplace track at 6:10 in your video starting the list off, is not complete. There are still 3 or 4 tracks that have always eluded me. The track that places in the 1988 video towards the beginning where it states "now we're set to go". Also, the track that plays during the resort dining portion of the video. I'd love to find these two tracks if anyone can help.

Anyway - here are a bunch of the tracks I've figured out. They are all by "Network Music Ensemble", but from various albums, and can be found on Spotify and elsewhere:

"somethin' special" - Marketplace
"Breezin' Along" - Nighttime Activities
"Carefree" - Park Ticket Pitch portion
"Declarations of Independence" - 1988 MK All American Parade
"Starflight" -
"Pinnacles" - Epcot
"Bright Expectations"
"Gila Bend Hoedown" - River Country portion
"Sand Dunes (Trailer music)"

ExRoadie

You can find it on Spotify if you have or open a free account...

1600179788023.png

Artist: Network Music Ensemble
Release date: March 24, 2011

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom