25 Year Plan

goofy

Original Poster
I have just read somethin written by the main man himself the mickey mouse of this web site ( as in mickey is the main thing at dianey and steve is the main thing here).

Anyway he says

REMEMBER - this is not official, and may or may not happen. However, the information comes from a highly reliable source within WDI.

"The following describes a long term plan for the purposes of dedicating land. It fits with the original property plan, and the 25 year plan (completion would also mean finalisation of the 25 year plan)

1. MK is to be expanded 85 acres west, 44 acres north and 18 acres east
2. Addition of Bald Mountain (in whatever form it may take)
3. Addition of Mysterious Island (Journey to the Centre of the Earth)
4. A new transportation hub
5. Access to the WDW Airport
6. A new small Village area
7. 3 new resorts
8. Additional backstage shops - including a pyro area
9. Additional cast housing

Although these items above are in the plan, and land has been designated, the order, and timing of construction are yet to be decided."

Anyway i am most interested in this bit

"5. Access to the WDW Airport"

Wat is the wdw airport. I dont think i have ever landed there. Are they planning on building an airport for guests going to disney??
Is it a private airport for wen Eiesner and all his friends decide to come and see wats happenin (hell he gets huge bonuses and fee holidays at the number 1 tourist attraction in the world. Wat a hard life maybe we sghould have a collection and send him somewhere else).

Anway wat is the WDW airport is wat am trying to say???

O yeh and should this not b the 25 000 000 year plan as disney are unwilling to spend at the moment let alone on new E-Rides new lands ands a a new transportation centre (we are talkin billions)(well maybe not)

Still if eisner does without his bonus (the 1 he gets for entering his office) we could have all this and new parks.

Not that i think eisner is over paid and gets to much in bonuses!!!!!!!!!!

All am sayin is WAlt And Roy never got wat he gets or anythin remotely similar....................

wdwmaniac

I think the WDW Airport is a rumor. I think disney was thinking of making there own Airport which would make it alot easier for guest to get to the park and allow Disney to make it hard for people to visit other Theme-parks.

Figaro

I believe I heard that there is a small private airport on the Disney property. I think it's only one runway designed for the small Cessna type planes and private jets.

Of course, I could be wrong! :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Figaro
I believe I heard that there is a small private airport on the Disney property. I think it's only one runway designed for the small Cessna type planes and private jets.

Of course, I could be wrong! :)

You're right!! :) There is a STOL airport near to the MK along World Drive. It hasnt been used in a long time though, and I think it is currently used as a reserve parking area and storage.

The rumors in the 25 year plan refers to a major Guest airport.

goofy

Original Poster
a guest airport???

But orlando international is huge and close to the parks. A disney airport idont think would work. It would take up to much land and 2 big airports right next to each other would lead to all sorts of problems like planes flying into each other. maybe this idea came about b4 orlando was how it was today.

And i dont c how it would stop gueats going to other parks.

"o sorry u cant get out of these reinforced fort knox stylr gates sorry" "next time if u want out use the other airport"

I dont think so!!!

Use the land for a future park and the money to make the 1's we got better we do NOT need another airport thats wat u have a government for. (Although over the pond u may not have government funded airports) we have some private 1's in th UK but most are government run or were am not sure

Anyway do they still plan to build the airport

access means!

What I think the mean to Wdw airport access is that there wasa rumor that WDW would have direct access to ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT which is located approx 20 miles northeast of Disney.

It was rumored that they were going to build some kind of monorail directly to the airport.

Thats what I have heard

READ THIS!

[Walt Disney World Resort President Al] Weiss stated "in two years, we are committed to drastically reducing the number of buses required to fulfill our internal transportation needs." He put the two year date on a "transport system which will whisk guests from the airport to a new hub on property in five minutes." High speed rail, the rumors have been around, Weiss seems to lend credibility to this rumor here.
Taken from WDWBLUES.COM

Coronado

My highly reliable and all knowing source from the monorail told us on a trip from MK to EPCOT that planes are allowed to land....but not take off....serious! A plane that lands without authorization will not be allowed to leave except by ground transportation... (truck it out)....WELL that's what he said:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom