24 POUNDS of Candy (MNSSHP Oct 31st) *PHOTOS!*

Love and I went to MNNSHP last night. It was a blast! The first time we'd ever been to Not So Scary and we did it on Halloween itself! (Thanks to dizbizz for having extra tickets!) Got to say hi to Celestia who was working that night. Watched Happy Hallowishes and the Boo to You! parade. Both very fun. And despite being sold out, it was not crowded at all. We had no waits on anything. Poor HM was closed most of the night (ironically) though we did ride it towards the end of the night. Everything else was pretty much a walk directly on wait. At most, you waited 5 minutes. There were candy stops everywhere and by the end of the night it was free-for-all where they'd give you as much as you can carry. More on that later. First, some photos!

I found this neat formal dress at Ross and paired it with my black angel wings. Love went as John from CoP circa 1920 and was really bummed no one got his costume.

mnnshp-05-j.jpg

(It's hard to see but he's even got the painfully re-created Niagara Falls fan in his hand!)

Main Street was all lit up and had ghosts, bats and witches projected on the buildings "fly" across them.
mnnshp-05-e.jpg

Space Mountain was all lit up. It looked really cool:
mnsshp05-sm.gif

(I took a full video of it and made the small gif from that. It had even more color patterns, details and colors then this small gif shows.)

We even saw the best costume ever. A Knight Who Says, "Ni!"
mnnshp-05-d.jpg

(Poor guy said he needed to start charging for photos!)

Did I mention there was candy? Lots and lots of candy?
mnnshp-05-b.jpg

(Early in the night, I'm showing off some of the treats thus far)

But that wasn't even remotely the end of it. Because it was the last night of the Party and because they still had tons of candy by the end of the night, they started literally filling anything and everything you had that could hold candy. They'd hand out more bags and fill them to overflowing. One girl had a clear backpack filled to the brim. We had a large shopping bag and they just dumped it in there. The best spot at the end was the Adventureland Treat Trail. They had lines all night so we didn't hit it until almost midnight. And when we did, we found them literally filling your bags, purses, backpacks, shopping bags and more with candy. As much as you could carry, you could take.

mnsshp05-candy.jpg

We weighed it when we got home. Literally we had 24 POUNDS of candy. We had already given away and entire orange bag to our friend who lent us his car for the drive and still had this much left!

It was so much fun. I highly recommend anyone who was curious about MNSSHP to go. Even if you don't have kids. Where else can you dress up AND trick-or-treat as an adult? Halloween at Disney was absolutely awesome. It was a really fun night. I can't wait until next year! :D
-m

Edit: Just a head's up, I finally uploaded the rest of my photos and videos and put them on my Disney page. Feel free to check them out here: http://disney.giveneyestosee.com/mnsshp05.html

MissM

Original Poster
Oh really? :lol: That's funny. Especially since I kept asking him where his fan was and why wasn't he holding it! *chuckles* (Because while it doesn't look like much, I spent almost three hours the night before the Party working on it for him. I had to basically re-draw the whole thing because my photos of it were too dark, small and noisey to use.)

Did you guys dress up? And did you have them pouring candy on you at the end of the night too? :D
-m

mayrag

DD went as Belle. We ordered Minnie and Mickey outfits but mine was too big, and the Mickey was kind of short and weird looking for DH.

MissM

Original Poster
Belle in yellow or Belle in blue? I saw a couple of yellow ones and one girl in her "Provincial Town" dress which is what I originally wanted to go as but wasn't able to find a costume.

Sorry about your costumes not working out. That stinks. :( I have to admit, uncomfortable or not, it was really fun being dressed up at Disney.
-m

McArcDes

My Fiance, her two children, my four children, my future Father and Mother-in-law all went on Halloween too. We had a blast. I also used the occasion to propose to my now Fiance in front of the Wishing Well near the Castle.

We had quite the bunch. Her son was dressed as Buzz Lightyear, Her dau. Peter Pan, my oldest Dau was a skeleton pirate, my second oldest dau. went goth, my son was a Power Ranger, my youngest dau. was Aurora, my future Father in Law was an escaped prisoner, my future Mother in Law was a forest princess and my Fiance and I went as Christine Dia and the Phantom of the Opera.

I am glad we missed the out pouring of candy. The kids got a respectable amount but if they had gotten that much thats all they would have wanted to eat for weeks and weeks to come. Been there, done that, don't really want to do that again. (too much candy not MNSSHP).

I am sorry to say I did not get the COP costume...but at times the more obsucre ones are the best. They make you think. You and he did a great job with both your costumes too.

MissM

Original Poster
McArcDes said:
I am sorry to say I did not get the COP costume...but at times the more obsucre ones are the best. They make you think. You and he did a great job with both your costumes too.
S'ok. It's definitely an....odder costume. We had fun with it and that's what counts at the end of the day! :)
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom