24 POUNDS of Candy (MNSSHP Oct 31st) *PHOTOS!*

Love and I went to MNNSHP last night. It was a blast! The first time we'd ever been to Not So Scary and we did it on Halloween itself! (Thanks to dizbizz for having extra tickets!) Got to say hi to Celestia who was working that night. Watched Happy Hallowishes and the Boo to You! parade. Both very fun. And despite being sold out, it was not crowded at all. We had no waits on anything. Poor HM was closed most of the night (ironically) though we did ride it towards the end of the night. Everything else was pretty much a walk directly on wait. At most, you waited 5 minutes. There were candy stops everywhere and by the end of the night it was free-for-all where they'd give you as much as you can carry. More on that later. First, some photos!

I found this neat formal dress at Ross and paired it with my black angel wings. Love went as John from CoP circa 1920 and was really bummed no one got his costume.

mnnshp-05-j.jpg

(It's hard to see but he's even got the painfully re-created Niagara Falls fan in his hand!)

Main Street was all lit up and had ghosts, bats and witches projected on the buildings "fly" across them.
mnnshp-05-e.jpg

Space Mountain was all lit up. It looked really cool:
mnsshp05-sm.gif

(I took a full video of it and made the small gif from that. It had even more color patterns, details and colors then this small gif shows.)

We even saw the best costume ever. A Knight Who Says, "Ni!"
mnnshp-05-d.jpg

(Poor guy said he needed to start charging for photos!)

Did I mention there was candy? Lots and lots of candy?
mnnshp-05-b.jpg

(Early in the night, I'm showing off some of the treats thus far)

But that wasn't even remotely the end of it. Because it was the last night of the Party and because they still had tons of candy by the end of the night, they started literally filling anything and everything you had that could hold candy. They'd hand out more bags and fill them to overflowing. One girl had a clear backpack filled to the brim. We had a large shopping bag and they just dumped it in there. The best spot at the end was the Adventureland Treat Trail. They had lines all night so we didn't hit it until almost midnight. And when we did, we found them literally filling your bags, purses, backpacks, shopping bags and more with candy. As much as you could carry, you could take.

mnsshp05-candy.jpg

We weighed it when we got home. Literally we had 24 POUNDS of candy. We had already given away and entire orange bag to our friend who lent us his car for the drive and still had this much left!

It was so much fun. I highly recommend anyone who was curious about MNSSHP to go. Even if you don't have kids. Where else can you dress up AND trick-or-treat as an adult? Halloween at Disney was absolutely awesome. It was a really fun night. I can't wait until next year! :D
-m

Edit: Just a head's up, I finally uploaded the rest of my photos and videos and put them on my Disney page. Feel free to check them out here: http://disney.giveneyestosee.com/mnsshp05.html

MissM

Original Poster
rainfully said:
I got his costume right away!!
At least someone did! *laughs* Even CM's didn't know what his costume was. We even had one CM ask if he was a barber. We showed her the fan and she still didn't get it. We told her and she blushed in an, "oh duh!" kind of way.

It was so much fun. I had such a great time! (Can you tell? :lol: )
-m

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I only took home half a bag and i ended up throwing it out after a few days...

I bought more Halloween candy for trick-or-treaters (only got a hundred or so) and now that's sitting on the table waiting to be thrown out too.

I should of just given them the not-so-scary candy and maybe a bag of hershey bars. I would of been fine :p

Laura

Premium Member
What on earth will you do with all that candy? We went to MNSSHP on Sept 29th and we've barely made a dent in our candy stash. LOL

Nemo14

I think I put on about 4 lbs just from looking at the picture of all that candy!

Could I have some skittles please? :slurp:

MSTINKHERBELL01

Miss M...very awsome trip report sweetie! I'm glad you had a great time and that Dizbizz came through for you....very nice of her. Anyway :sohappy:

MissM

Original Poster
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it all but it was too addictive not to take it! They were pouring it in anything that could hold the candy and I admit, I got a bit of candy fever! :lol: I gave an entire orange bag full to a friend. I suspect more friends will be getting more candy as well!

I've finally put together some photos and uploaded some videos on my site. If you want to see some more, feel free to come on by:
http://disney.giveneyestosee.com/mnsshp05.html

So much fun!
-m

kal1484

I worked one night, and saw them as they took out dollys full of boxes of candy...we got candy every night of the parties...I ate way to much.

I'm sure they've still got TONS of candy left! (literally)

shoppingnut

I brought my excess candy to the office and put it in a bowl. This is one way to get rid of it and let people enjoy it. It always amazes me when I bring any kind of food/candy to the office, it's like people are starving and haven't eaten in weeks.

MissM

Original Poster
mkt said:
M,

are you gonna come up for the xmas party?
If I have the money and can swing some tickets, I definitely want to go. I went last year and really had a nice time. I'm trying to save/raise $2,000 for a root canal right now so.... add in that and the holidays and I might not have the cash. :cry:

Love took a big bucket full to work today. (One of the caramel popcorn buckets from MK actually!) I'm sure that'll be be gone soon enough. We'll just keep parceling it out I'm sure. It's a lot of candy though. I can't help but chuckle at how much candy it is.
-m

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We can't believe how much candy we got at the MNSSHP. My oldest son had a Mickey pumpkin, which is full, and that's AFTER we ate a bunch. My younger son's bag is nearly full. Again, this is after we ate a bunch of candy. We went on 10/27, and we didn't even hit all of the candy stops. The amount of candy they gave away is simply staggering.

Also, I wondered what they did with all the candy at the end of the night! :lol:

mayrag

Hey, we were there and we saw you. I remember your husband's Niagara Fall's fan. So funny making him carry it through the park. We had a blast. Returned yesterday--very late, I'm woriking on writing a Trip report

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom