24 hour premium ticket?

Would you pay for a 24 hour ticket?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
For those of you who don't know, the One More Day event was a huge success at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland.

I was at the Magic Kingdom for it, as any elite Disney fan would have been, and it was a premium event given away for free for the most part. The only a couple bad things about it, as in it was packed, there were no short queues all night, and not all the rides ran for 24 hours straight, but I kind of expected that.

Now getting back to the premium event mantra, for the most part thats what it was, like the Mickey's Christmas or Halloween parties they have. They just gave it away for free to everyone for one special night. It was magical, it was Disney at its best and if you could not be there, you really missed out. You can't live through social media on this one folks.

But...

Since this was such a huge success, you just have to think the bean counters are exploring this, as in a 24 hour experience that has to be paid for. Now while they can't do this every night, it sure makes sense, and possibly huge dollars to offer this to the public oh say once a week.

Would you do it, would you take advantage of it if it was offered for an extra 50 bucks and wear a wristband? Or would you think it would take away from the Disney charm?

Jimmy Thick-Snow White and all the friggin Dwarfs baby!!!

wilkeliza

I think if it was offered every week no one would go. The numbers were so huge because this was something hyped as "never before". I think if they did it every 4 years though on leap day and maybe charged then they would see the same kind of response. Even one or two days each year in say the off months would still be special but I think if it was every week Disney would end up loosing more by having to pay the premium for the over night shift to all those CMs than they would by taking in an extra 50 per a person.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I think if it was offered every week no one would go. The numbers were so huge because this was something hyped as "never before". I think if they did it every 4 years though on leap day and maybe charged then they would see the same kind of response. Even one or two days each year in say the off months would still be special but I think if it was every week Disney would end up loosing more by having to pay the premium for the over night shift to all those CMs than they would by taking in an extra 50 per a person.

See, I don't buy that. The ticketed events do quite well and most sell out. Given the option to stay all night for the same price, I think people would jump at the chance, if at the very least to say they did it.

Jimmy Thick-Sunrise at MK, people would want it...

LoriSue

I love the idea and would most likely depend on how limited the availability was. If it was open to whoever paid for it, I may not because of how many people you'd be competing with there. If it was a limited number like MNSSHP or MVMCP I definitely would.

DisneyFan 2000

See, I don't buy that. The ticketed events do quite well and most sell out. Given the option to stay all night for the same price, I think people would jump at the chance, if at the very least to say they did it.

Those ticketed events happen during one month out of the year, not every week. Some things are best left as truly "special" events.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not true. The Pirate and Princess parties were pretty much a failure, which is why they were discontinued.
And they were arguably better than MNSSHP and MVMCP. What seemed to kill them was there were just so many dates occurring over several months.

C&D

I'm more of a quality, not quantity sort of guy; me walking around like a zombie (at say 2am) doesn't do anything for me (at all).

Cmdr_Crimson

And they were arguably better than MNSSHP and MVMCP. What seemed to kill them was there were just so many dates occurring over several months.

I do believe a lot of guests were upset that the park was closing at 7 and they wanted to see the fireworks if it was there last day out there and other such things.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I'm more of a quality, not quantity sort of guy; me walking around like a zombie (at say 2am) doesn't do anything for me (at all).

Magic Kingdom special events are the epitome of quality, being a zombie the next day would be a worthy trade off.

Jimmy Thick-Zombie apocalype at the Magic Kingdom?

C&D

Magic Kingdom special events are the epitome of quality, being a zombie the next day would be a worthy trade off.

Jimmy Thick-Zombie apocalype at the Magic Kingdom?

I was using the premise that the 24hr ticket was just that, the park would be open for 24hrs; if there were events that could only be seen at those witching hours, then maybe. There was no mention of special events in the survey.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I doubt that Disney management would consider making this a regular event, outside of possibly doing it on Leap Days, because it wouldn't be worth the cost. Maintenance would probably be negatively affected, too. They need that third-shift downtime to make everything neat and pretty before opening the next day.

You forget the value of the all-mighty dollar. If they can charge people a fee and it proves popular, like the One More Day event, they will do it no matter what. Everything else is trivial if it makes money.

Jimmy Thick-Labor, maintenance, downtime, nah, no big deal...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You forget the value of the all-mighty dollar. If they can charge people a fee and it proves popular, like the One More Day event, they will do it no matter what. Everything else is trivial if it makes money.

Jimmy Thick-Labor, maintenance, downtime, nah, no big deal...

I hope it was successful, I hope it would make them more money, and I hope they would do it.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Yeah, maybe it would be popular, but that doesn't matter if it makes you lose money. With the novelty of the event gone, I doubt it would be profitable because of the extra labor costs.

LOL, labor costs? What a .25 premium per hour for overnight, if they even get that? Labor costs would be the last thing to worry about in such a situation, you had a better argument with maintenance and refreshing the park.

Labor, not so much.

Jimmy Thick-Attention cast member working overnight, as a bonus instead of making $6.75 per hour, we will bump you up to $7.00. Its our way of saying thanks...

wdwfan4ver

For those of you who don't know, the One More Day event was a huge success at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland.

You failed to mentioned that Disneyland had problems for One More Day Event according to miceage. According to Al Lutz of Miceage, Disneyland was very close to anarchy for most of Wednesday night.

Disneyland was staffed for the expected crowds of 44,000. The problem was The attendance was much higher than that with over 88,000 guests on that day and couldn't handle the crowds with the amount of cast members that were working during that event. Disneyland even had problems with the amount of food and merchandise.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
You failed to mentioned that Disneyland had problems for One More Day Event according to miceage. According to Al Lutz of Miceage, Disneyland was very close to anarchy for most of Wednesday night.

Disneyland was staffed for the expected crowds of 44,000. The problem was The attendance was much higher than that with over 88,000 guests on that day and couldn't handle the crowds with the amount of cast members that were working during that event. Disneyland even had problems with the amount of food and merchandise.

The only people "reporting" of problems at Disneyland for One More Day is micechat. No other local media outlet in the second largest city in America is interested in these "problems", in fact all I have read has been extremely positive and said it was a smashing success.

Ask Al Lutz if he was even there at the event...

Now my sister in law was, and she is laughing at that report from micechat. The traffic was bad, but then again its a theme park in the middle of a city, but to say it was anarchy or understaffed is complete bull. Or so says my sister in law, I was at MK.

Jimmy Thick-Another example of "making things up".

wdwfan22

The majority of the One More Disney Day Guests at Magic Kingdom were Cast Members meaning they did not pay for admission. I don't think it was successful enough with day guests to warrent doing it all the time.

vjgraham

The ticketed events are only a few times a year and do sell well. That being said, the 24 hour premium ticket if done once a week would quickly lose it's novelty. It would not be special if done too often. people would quickly tire of spending all night at the park, thus ruining the next day of their vacation because they are too tired from the day before.

disney fan 13

The only people "reporting" of problems at Disneyland for One More Day is micechat. No other local media outlet in the second largest city in America is interested in these "problems", in fact all I have read has been extremely positive and said it was a smashing success.

Ask Al Lutz if he was even there at the event...

Now my sister in law was, and she is laughing at that report from micechat. The traffic was bad, but then again its a theme park in the middle of a city, but to say it was anarchy or understaffed is complete bull. Or so says my sister in law, I was at MK.

Jimmy Thick-Another example of "making things up".

sorry buddy, http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-disneyland-leap-day-03201201,0,7419354.story

( ten bucks he doesn't respond)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom