We Survived Ian … in an RV. Another JenniferS Live Trip Report

trr1

I can’t recall how much of this story I’ve shared, if any, so here’s a quick recap.

Rewind to the Illinois couple we met in Pigeon Forge. I’ve kept in touch with Kelly. Mark has been working in Tampa. Mark HAD to stay until late yesterday to secure the nuclear plant in Crystal River.

Fast forward to Mark arrived here this morning. We had a visit, he took a much needed nap, then we went out to pick up some stuff.

Camping World > Depot > Carrabba’s > Winn Dixie. He is now set to ride this out too. His trailer is almost immediately behind ours.

View from my window when he arrived:

View attachment 669717
lash both RV's at trucks together if you can

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We have a credit from vacating the Keys early, applicable at any Encore resort … not just the one we were at.

Mike is thinking that if our Fort Wilderness reservation is cancelled, and let’s be frank, I don’t see how it WON’T be, we should go to Fiesta Key and hook up with the BB’s for a week. 🤔🤔

We never did get back to KW. Maybe we can. Just thinking out loud.

NYwdwfan

We have a credit from vacating the Keys early, applicable at any Encore resort … not just the one we were at.

Mike is thinking that if our Fort Wilderness reservation is cancelled, and let’s be frank, I don’t see how it WON’T be, we should go to Fiesta Key and hook up with the BB’s for a week. 🤔🤔

We never did get back to KW. Maybe we can. Just thinking out loud.
How are they faring down there? I saw some photos earlier with some pretty deep water in KW.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
@JenniferS time for a check in. Are you all safe?
Yes, thank you. It’s very windy. We are bouncing like crazy.

To stabilize, we pulled in the slides, but that leaves no access to anything downstairs, so we went up to the bedroom. Mike instantly fell asleep. Power and internet went out for about 40 minutes, but they’re back now.

There really is no significant let up for about 24 hours. On the plus side, there’s not a lot more rain coming.

All in all, I’m not enjoying this particular part of the experience.

1CCCF072-A4B9-4A51-9C2F-836FB756CE7B.jpeg

C0C73478-66B3-4D5F-8487-3774813D96D2.jpeg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
@JenniferS there is a big crowd tonight in Toronto to see Aaron Judge and the Yankees play your Blue Jays........I have come back to the thread to report that Aaron Judge hit his 61st Home Run tonight.
I saw it.

They clinched on our field yesterday, and Judge hit his 61st today.

If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.

I don’t have anything nice to say.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Yes, thank you. It’s very windy. We are bouncing like crazy.

To stabilize, we pulled in the slides, but that leaves no access to anything downstairs, so we went up to the bedroom. Mike instantly fell asleep. Power and internet went out for about 40 minutes, but they’re back now.

There really is no significant let up for about 24 hours. On the plus side, there’s not a lot more rain coming.

All in all, I’m not enjoying this particular part of the experience.

View attachment 669981
Sending peaceful thoughts your way!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
4:00 am. We’re still Weebles.
(Weebles wobble, but they don’t fall down.)

Sustained wind speeds are slowly diminishing, but more importantly, the gap between the gusts and the sustained winds is getting narrower. It’s the gusts that set us a-wobbling.

143A1C22-82F1-460D-89C9-9EEFED64BF7B.png

John park hopper

Glad you are safe and made it through Ian, here in Charleston we are looking at a low 1 or TS tomorrow which means out here in the Mclleanville we will loose power. So glad I filled the gas cans up yesterday and they delivered the new refrigerator on Wed after our 9 year old LG suddenly died. Compressor died LG had a design flaw- it's warrantied for 10 years but cost $1000 to have it installed warranty worthless.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Glad you are safe and made it through Ian, here in Charleston we are looking at a low 1 or TS tomorrow which means out here in the Mclleanville we will loose power. So glad I filled the gas cans up yesterday and they delivered the new refrigerator on Wed after our 9 year old LG suddenly died. Compressor died LG had a design flaw- it's warrantied for 10 years but cost $1000 to have it installed warranty worthless.
Good that you filled up your gas cans yesterday, and that you have a new refrigerator. Storms can be unpredictable, so happy to hear you planned ahead of it, just in case. Hoping you don't lose your power in the days to come.

NYwdwfan

Stay safe. Had the exact thing happen to my 9 year old LG just last month. Same compressor issue. Same 10 year warranty. But I was quoted $800 for labor. I got a Frigidaire. And mine was also delivered on a Wednesday. 🤣 What did you get?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom