disney192897

Original Poster

Last edited:

EPCOT.nut

Food Rocks was really cute! I would love to see these pics.

And food really does rock! :lol: Going to Food & Wine this weekend with Celebration 25! :slurp:

Main Street USA

Oh, man. I had no idea that stuff was still there. I figured they completely removed it all when Soarin' went in. Yet another set of pictures that shows the Epcot of the past ending up as a pile of garbage. As much as I like to see what's back there and what remains of old things, these types of pics make me a little sick to my stomach.

SirNim

That old nutrition show?

Give me a break!

</satire in the form of a slightly altered quote from the former show's script>

LoriMistress

Someone reported on Intercot, in the garbage bins, behind MK (around the parking lot I believe), in the trash bins, were the plans from the KS at AK--the planes where Little Red was kidnapped, are in the trash bins. You would think Disney wouldn't put peice of attractions in the trash bins for anyone to rummage through.

SDav10495

Why is all of this still there?

Because it would have taken time, money and effort for Disney to actually remove it all...God forbid they get creative and make good use of old spaces. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it boggles my mind why they wouldn't remove all of this when The Land was shut down for an extensive rehab while Soarin' went in. They're clearly never going to use the theater again, yet they choose to lazily build a new attraction around it...and to boot, they leave most of the set sitting there to collect dust. Sometimes I don't know what's a worse way for them to pretend an attraction never existed--completely destroy all traces of it a la Horizons, or leave it to rot as they are in this case.

Seeing now that the old Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks stage appears to be so close to what is now the entrance of Soarin', does anyone have some kind of floor plan to show where the old theater was in relation to where Soarin' is now? I'm curious to see just how they overlap.

Captain Hank

Because it would have taken time, money and effort for Disney to actually remove it all...God forbid they get creative and make good use of old spaces. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it boggles my mind why they wouldn't remove all of this when The Land was shut down for an extensive rehab while Soarin' went in. They're clearly never going to use the theater again, yet they choose to lazily build a new attraction around it...and to boot, they leave most of the set sitting there to collect dust. Sometimes I don't know what's a worse way for them to pretend an attraction never existed--completely destroy all traces of it a la Horizons, or leave it to rot as they are in this case.

Seeing now that the old Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks stage appears to be so close to what is now the entrance of Soarin', does anyone have some kind of floor plan to show where the old theater was in relation to where Soarin' is now? I'm curious to see just how they overlap.
I've been able to glean a little bit from observations in that area (goodness knows I spent a LOT of time around there) and vague, hazy memories from the one time I saw Food Rocks. IIRC, what is now the Fastpass distribution area for Soarin' used to be the pre-show holding area for Food Rocks/Kitchen Kabaret. The "Flight Crew Only" door at the far end of the room (where Behind the Seeds starts) has always been there as an emergency exit. That would mean that the current exit into the FP area is actually the former theater entrance for Food Rocks. Thus, the old theater would be made up of the first queue room, up until the fire doors (there's a small separation in the wall seperating the entrance and exit queues here). There's a distinct change in building materials visible from the outside at about this point, marking the end of the old theater and the beginning of the new construction. My question: where was the exit to Food Rocks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom