20k league lagoon

CmdrTostada

Original Poster
I heard awhile ago (i dont remember where) that the 20k leagues lagoon might be turned into a ride based upon the movie atlantis. This was a few months beforethe movie came out.

TURKEY

It's not going to happen. If it were there would already be work going on or it would already be open.

It might have happened if Atlantis was a bigger box office hit.

Alas it didn't, so the lagoon is going to stay the way it is for a while longer.

Wishingtree

Originally posted by Turbogames
I heard awhile ago (i dont remember where) that the 20k leagues lagoon might be turned into a ride based upon the movie atlantis. This was a few months beforethe movie came out.

Just another of the rumors that pop up about this area. Since the movie was not a big hit, any chance of an Atlantis ride was gone. The Fire Mountain coaster now seems to be planned for Animal Kingdom whenever Beastly Kingdom gets the green light.

Jim

Al

Originally posted by jaylenofan86
A CM friend of mine who did work for the Submarine ride at DL was told that a new ride might be there in for the 50th in 2005.

:eek: cool!

tmp

Originally posted by Alberrisford

:eek: cool!

Every time there is a post on the 20 k lagoon Al is always right there. I can count on it just as I can as much as I can count on death and taxes. Al has to be the biggest 20,000 leagues fan hands down.

Timekeeper

Speaking of which...

Speaking of 20,000 rumors,

I recall being told, many moons ago, that electric current was present in the water of the lagoon. Thus, touching the water would "shock" a person. As rediculous as this seems (as it was told to me by a young person), if the ride ran on electricity via the track system in the water, then the presence of electric current doesn't seem all that far-fetched. Any ideas as to the probability of this child's theory?

Tk

space42

I recall being told, many moons ago, that electric current was present in the water of the lagoon. Thus, touching the water would "shock" a person. As rediculous as this seems (as it was told to me by a young person), if the ride ran on electricity via the track system in the water, then the presence of electric current doesn't seem all that far-fetched. Any ideas as to the probability of this child's theory?

The 20K subs ran on diesel fuel and not electricity.

Have a Disney day :p

bearboysnc

The DL rumor started when a special event took place at the old Sub Lagoon. Prior to Atlantis' release there was a private party after the park had closed, and they put up a huge banner over the loading area that said something about ATLANTIS. "Welcome to Sea Base Atlantis: or something.

The rumor spread like wild fire after that.

BUT..... Imagineering has said they will completely overhaul 5 classic attractions for DL's 50th anniversary. (what that means is anyones guess)

PoTC just had a major ReHab, with new scenes and animatronics.

HM just had an Overhaul after Nightmare was taken out.

iaSW gets an extensive rehab every year, after they take out the Xmas Decor.

Leaving you to wonder what they mean.

WDWsmith2001

pirates

well with the "pirates" new movie due in 2003, it might be a full overhaul of PotC. Maybe new scenes? They've changed scenes before, so it could happen again. maybe tahts the major rehab?

ToTBellHop

They have, in fact, listed the five attractions that will get redone for the 50th...I don't recall them all, but I know 20K was not one of them, and I know two of them were The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean...perhaps Space Mountain was on there, too...

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
What?

Finding Nemo? I don't get it either. Question.: Anybody have pictures of Disney World's red lot? Thanks for all of your help!

JeffJewell

"Finding Nemo" is the name of one of the remaining movies Pixar will be producing for Disney under their current contract.

Jeff

PS: Before any new movie, Imagineers trying to save their jobs start pitching ideas for attractions (sometimes new, sometimes "re-purposed") that tie into those movies. The name of the game at Disney these days is "find the budget." An awful lot of rumors you hear are these internal trial balloons, with little real chance of ever bumping into a pot of money.

Mr. Toad

I hear that the computer graphics in Finding Nemo will be even better than Monsters Inc. I can't wait for this movie to come out (I love Pixar's work).

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
The red lot

The red lot is where the 20K subs are currently stored. Some space mountain vehicles also are lying around

9-Eye

Why?

Why just let these artifacts lay around in a dirt lot outside? Why not sell them? And if they do in fact wish to keep them, why not keep them indoors? ...in a warehouse?

What purpose does this "red lot" serve?

9-Eye

It does not cost much to build 4 walls and a ceiling.

Disney4648

Originally posted by Turbogames

This could be very true because Atlantis was a very popular movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom