News 2023 EPCOT Festival of the Arts

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If north on a compass are the principles that Epcot Center was built on (aspiration and inspiration), here's how Disney (the red arrow) treats Epcot these days:

bike cycling GIF by mike del forno

If he's such a fan of the park, then TheZach is fully complicit with that treatment. I mean, he wore a retro reprint t-shirt, how could we ever doubt his Epcot fandom? :rolleyes:

mightynine

It always felt like his posts were filtered through a marketing team with a corporate buzz word fetish.
I read his LinkedIn, corporate buzz word fetish appeared to be Zach's thing.

Lurching this thread back on track, Figment's Inspiration Station is a nicely decorated area. Shocked the pin tables got past legal.

CntrlFlPete

It used to be a true free Art festival that was held in what's now Disney Springs.

Now it's a food festival in EPCOT called an Art Festival.

The art there sure cost a LOT more than the festival food does! We find the food at this fest a lot better than any other Epcot festival, the art vendors always have neat stuff, and the sidewalk art changes often.... a lot to like about the Arts Festival.

Goofnut1980

I wonder if the app will let you buy two more buckets the next day, or if the app will max you out per MDE log in? I would think they could create better controls around it. I want to just get my one bucket in two weeks.. here's hopin!

Notes from Neverland

That stinks.

It always felt like his posts were filtered through a marketing team with a corporate buzz word fetish.

They should let him just post without the filter. Genuine enthusiasm can break through online when it sounds natural. Otherwise, it often feels like you are trying to convince both yourself and the reader of what you are saying.
It felt that way because they were. He accidentally posted a caption one time and forgot to remove their notes and edits. It confirmed what many suspected about his account.

JohnD

I'm going to a college fraternity function in Volusia County on 2/3. I'm very much tempted to drive to Epcot first, pick up a bucket, the immediately hit I-4 east on the same day. Yes, I'll make a park reservation for it.

Edit: Just made the reservation. I must be crazy but just in case...

Last edited:

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Corporate heard how much we were lampooning him online so his social media presence was silenced. I honestly feel like a jerk over this. Heā€™s not a bad guy. Just really cares about tile. Glad someone does, honestly. WDI needs a ā€œtile guy.ā€

But he still works for WDI.
I stopped taking him seriously when he blocked me on IG for saying the demolition and subsequent rebuilding of Innoventions West was "short sighted and moronic"

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Couple notes:

Some WDI folk were hanging out in the Odyssey guaging guest reaction. I spoke to them about our collective gratitude for the mural, projections, beacons, animatronic, and all.

I was told they're part of the "Figment Team". When I said this energy needs to be taken to the pavilion, I was told "that's the goal".

They also wanted to do a Rainbow Tunnel, but it wouldn't have fit in the central area of the Odyssey.

What an exciting time.

James Alucobond

I will be hiring an attorney as I have been personally victimized by the Figment ā€œRainbowā€ cake that does not feature its colored layers in the same order as the colors of a rainbow.
View attachment 691831
Oddly, I've also seen photos where all of the layers were reversed. From top to bottom, one was green-violet-red-orange-yellow while another was yellow-orange-red-violet-green.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom