2022 Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting of Shareholders

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"The annual meeting of shareholders of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) will be held on Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. PT by virtual meeting and will be made available via webcast at www.disney.com/investors"

This is where we get questions from the audience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slpy3270

Christine McCarthy says only 2% of Disney's operating income comes from Russia and Ukraine, and 10% of that is from the latter.

In case you need further proof they don't give a damn, she called it a "very unfortunate situation". Nothing about the employees in both countries.

Surferboy567

I’m very interested to hear about what happens tomorrow. Like many have said I’m sure we are going to be getting lots of interesting questions.

One thing though, I think we have a very high shot of hearing when Guardians is going to open officially. Assuming that’s it’s Memorial Day weekend or somewhere around that date. I don’t really tune into these for the news, but their track record shows we are probably going to be getting something. Wonder if they even mention TRON considering how fast that is being constructed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Low expectations for that meeting.

They’ll just blame covid…or Russia…or Ukraine
Its low expectations for any shareholder meeting, not just this year. There is hardly ever any real news that came out of these in the last 20+ years. They rather save those moments for the conventions such as D23. This will be more confirmation of stuff we already know or suspected.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its low expectations for any shareholder meeting, not just this year. There is hardly ever any real news that came out of these in the last 20+ years. They rather save those moments for the conventions such as D23. This will be more confirmation of stuff we already know or suspected.
Agree…it’s a rubber stamp session.

I don’t expect those “big announcements” at the disneyphile conventions to continue either. No need as it stands.

Even if you look at Spray tan Bob’s…the number of things built/divided by the time of those announcements were below the minimum needed to sustain “world class theme parks”

Proof is going on right now as we type.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Agree…it’s a rubber stamp session.

I don’t expect those “big announcements” at the disneyphile conventions to continue either. No need as it stands.

Even if you look at Spray tan Bob’s…the number of things built/divided by the time of those announcements were below the minimum needed to sustain “world class theme parks”

Proof is going on right now as we type.
I disagree D23 will be where they continue to make big announcements on new projects or provide details on current projects. And honestly I sort of expect D23 this year to provide that big announcement given its going into the 100 yr anniversary of the company.

Also just because we're in a lull right now with major projects doesn't mean that will continue long term, remember we are just starting to get out of a 2 year long pandemic.

Also its not like we haven't been here before, capital expenditures were down at different periods of the companies history. However lets not pretend like there isn't investment being done at the various Parks around the world. Sure its not what we would like overall, but its not like they aren't spending no money. There are projects happening today as we type at almost every Park around the world. From MMRR at DLR to Tron and Guardians at WDW to the Marvel and other expansion areas coming to DLP to the new castle (already done) and expansion areas coming to HKDL to the multiple expansion areas coming to TDL. I think even Shanghai has an expansion area going in.

Point is that projects are happening around the world right now. Again maybe not some of the things we want, but they are investing major capital on these projects. Now we'll see in September if anything new is announced when D23 rolls around, but I for one am looking forward to it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I disagree D23 will be where they continue to make big announcements on new projects or provide details on current projects. And honestly I sort of expect D23 this year to provide that big announcement given its going into the 100 yr anniversary of the company.

Also just because we're in a lull right now with major projects doesn't mean that will continue long term, remember we are just starting to get out of a 2 year long pandemic.

Also its not like we haven't been here before, capital expenditures were down at different periods of the companies history. However lets not pretend like there isn't investment being done at the various Parks around the world. Sure its not what we would like overall, but its not like they aren't spending no money. There are projects happening today as we type at almost every Park around the world. From MMRR at DLR to Tron and Guardians at WDW to the Marvel and other expansion areas coming to DLP to the new castle (already done) and expansion areas coming to HKDL to the multiple expansion areas coming to TDL. I think even Shanghai has an expansion area going in.

Point is that projects are happening around the world right now. Again maybe not some of the things we want, but they are investing major capital on these projects. Now we'll see in September if anything new is announced when D23 rolls around, but I for one am looking forward to it.
I don’t need to convince you of anything…you already have yourself taking care of that 😎

My bet is nothing new for quite some time. Just a hunch.

As far as “around the globe”…it’s a straw man. None of us here should care beyond wdw and Disneyland. Maybe cruise line or DVC if you’re into that niche.

Doesn’t matter how Japanese companies do it right and we do it wrong. At all.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don’t need to convince you of anything…you already have yourself taking care of that 😎
Its not about convincing, its all just opinion my friend nothing more.

My bet is nothing new for quite some time. Just a hunch.
You could be right. But I suspect they will at least announce something, maybe not a huge announcement but at least something. If they leave D23 with no new project announced going into the 100th then in my opinion it'll be the biggest mistake of any management team.

As far as “around the globe”…it’s a straw man. None of us here should care beyond wdw and Disneyland. Maybe cruise line or DVC if you’re into that niche.

Doesn’t matter how Japanese companies do it right and we do it wrong. At all.
Again I disagree. While most posters tend to only focus on the Domestic Parks here on this site we can't not look at the whole division when discussing capital investments, because the money is still being spent even if its outside the Domestic Parks.

Surferboy567

Today is the day, should be interesting.

Still think we are getting some form of news today. Wonder if the Obi-Wan Kenobi news drop was timed to be on the same day as the meeting that seems likely.

I’m sure the questions asked at this meeting are also going to be interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom