2022 ticket price “increase”

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
BlogMickey reported earlier today that the average ticket price is going up about $5/day, or about 4%, for 2022. No ticket price increase per se - Tickets will still range from $109-159/day for a single day ticket. But overall, daily prices will trend higher than they do this year, so fewer days available at the $109/day price point and higher per-day prices on average.

Giss Neric

BlogMickey reported earlier today that the average ticket price is going up about $5/day, or about 4%, for 2022. No ticket price increase per se - Tickets will still range from $109-159/day for a single day ticket. But overall, daily prices will trend higher than they do this year, so fewer days available at the $109/day price point and higher per-day prices on average.
BlogMickey is click bait and anti-Disney. Never click on their links. I haven't read any news about this but they ALWAYS headline their news in such a way that will encourage people click and react in a negative way.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
BlogMickey is click bait and anti-Disney. Never click on their links. I haven't read any news about this but they ALWAYS headline their news in such a way that will encourage people click and react in a negative way.

BlogMickey is NOT clickbait or Anti Disney. He's just not a pixie-duster like a LOT of sites are. The site that shall not be named is the epitome of click bait.

JoeCamel

I don't think you had to spell it out for us, but thank you for making it clear.

If you had read the article, you'd see the rather sound reasoning that led to that headline. The vast majority of guests will see a higher asking price for their tickets. It's that simple
And unless you lived under a rock for the last 20 years you would know that this is SOP for the mouse and the others at this time of year. It is as natural as the swallows coming home to Capistrano

Unbanshee

Not sure what he wants, to be honest. “Disney magically keeps WDW ticket prices the same in 2022!”? That’s disingenuous, at best, a lie at worst.

Honestly, the date-based tickets have made the increases tougher to identify. Good move by Disney, and the pixie duster blogs will fall right into that trap by saying that there is not a price increase. Like you said, disingenuous at best, a lie at worst

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Not sure what competing Blog you work for or what they did to you, but I enjoy BlogMickey 👍

Not surprised by the increases, they want to capitalize on the return of the crowds in 2022.

ToTBellHop

5% is pretty modest considering. And because you can get tickets now, that increase is locked in through January 2023. I actually like having the prices guaranteed that far in advance. Before you had to pre-schedule your date, you had to worry that they could increase prices at any time.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
5% is pretty modest considering. And because you can get tickets now, that increase is locked in through January 2023. I actually like having the prices guaranteed that far in advance. Before you had to pre-schedule your date, you had to worry that they could increase prices at any time.

Right, having a locked-in price has it’s advantages, for sure. I’m not on-board with any ticket price increases right now unless it means things are closer to normal, so maybe that’s a sign of things to come. Hopefully.

I’m no accountant or MBA, but this locked-in pricing does smell like someone trying to pull revenue from 2022 into 2021 to make the quarterlies look better. Unless of course they can’t do that. 🤷‍♂️

matt9112

Not sure what competing Blog you work for or what they did to you, but I enjoy BlogMickey 👍

Not surprised by the increases, they want to capitalize on the return of the crowds in 2022.

I wish they would capitalize on offerings.....nothing new and in fact severely less across the board yet....we need more cash cash.

wutisgood

A single park ticket for $46 in 2000 would be about $70 now. At fair value I would expect single park tickets to be in line with what tokyo disney charges now. It's not like Tokyo disney is hurting for money either. I understand disney these days does whatever they think they can get away with to suck up as much of people's money as possible, but its pretty outrageous to literally have doubled the price for a single day even accounting for inflation especially considering the additional capacity they can handle and upcharges between all of their properties. I don't think they increases are justified at all beyond greed. Disney is like being in an abusive relationship in some aspects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom