2021 planning AoAor Poly, or what?

Mainahman

Original Poster
So I'm starting to do some planning as we count down to this year's trip for next year's trip.

So originally we planned on another value family suite.

However we started running some prices.

The cabins are cheaper but only have the one bathroom..

My wife says we might be able to squeak by one 1 bathroom.

So with what hotels are available for 2021

I came up with these.

Art of Animation family Suite
Carribbean beach standard view
Cabins at ft wilderness
Disney's Polynesian resort.

Poly obviously is more expensive, but about 600 more than the family suite.

Help me trim this list down. We usually spend about 2 days at MK, park hop usually a fair bit, and spend the rest of our 5 days at the other parks. We like to have alternative transportation too, so that's why I chose these, and AKL and WL we're not open to price.

Mainahman

Original Poster
AOA if u need 2 bathrooms.
Thats what we have been talking about. We can live with 1, mostly want good amount of activities and a good pool setup for my Nephew, my Niece needs lots of time to get ready, we could make 1 bathroom work if we had to. Thats why cabins came up.

BASS

I've stayed at all of those. The cabins and Poly are steps above both Art of Animation and Caribbean Beach. If $ is no object, then cabins and Poly > Caribbean Beach and Art of Animation.

Have you considered doing 2 cabins? I did that with my family and they ended up being side-by-side. The cabins are pretty unique and much, much quieter than A of A. Personally, I think Poly is too expensive for what it is.

Mainahman

Original Poster
I've stayed at all of those. The cabins and Poly are steps above both Art of Animation and Caribbean Beach. If $ is no object, then cabins and Poly > Caribbean Beach and Art of Animation.

Have you considered doing 2 cabins? I did that with my family and they ended up being side-by-side. The cabins are pretty unique and much, much quieter than A of A. Personally, I think Poly is too expensive for what it is.
We want to be together for sure, just alot of it came down to my wife thinking we might need two bathrooms. We have at least 2 with the upgrade we got here. We will have 2 kids with us, 11 and 15 so that comes into hand too. We want enough things for them to do while we are there, my Nephew would love a waterslide, so thats why i was thinking cabins or Poly. there was only like a 500 total price difference between AOA and Poly, thats why i was considering it. My wife is a MK girl, so finally staying in the MK area might be worth it, as we spend 2 days there usually.

Doodlelicious

Even though I have never stayed at the other 3 resorts you mentioned in AoA, CBR, Cabins at FW, it is hard to go against the resort that I have stayed at more than once the Polynesian resort. It seems to have everything. It is close to the Magic Kingdom. Fireworks view from the beach. It has a very nice pool and also very nice selection of restaurants and bars. It is also on the monorail system which is a plus. To top it all off the beauty of the resort is beyond belief.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We like to have alternative transportation too, so that's why I chose these, and AKL and WL we're not open to price.
Animal Kingdom Lodge by bus is closer to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom than the Polynesian by monorail/bus.

"Animal Kingdom Lodge is too far from things" is a gigantic myth. Total transit time will be less than or equal to a monorail resort unless you spend >50% of your time at Magic Kingdom.

In my mind, there is a clear and distinct "top three" domestic Disney resorts and they're Aulani, the Grand Californian, and Animal Kingdom Lodge, in that order.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Animal Kingdom Lodge by bus is closer to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom than the Polynesian by monorail/bus.

"Animal Kingdom Lodge is too far from things" is a gigantic myth. Total transit time will be less than or equal to a monorail resort unless you spend >50% of your time at Magic Kingdom.

In my mind, there is a clear and distinct "top three" domestic Disney resorts and they're Aulani, the Grand Californian, and Animal Kingdom Lodge, in that order.
We got upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani for august this year. This will be our first stay there. Its a possibility ill also try to rent points, and get a 1 bedroom for next trip too, so thats always a possibility. We will be driving to the parks sans MK, as im not a fan of dealing with the TTC. We always park hop, but this year its 2 days MK, 1 day everything else, and 1 resort day.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We got upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani for august this year. This will be our first stay there. Its a possibility ill also try to rent points, and get a 1 bedroom for next trip too, so thats always a possibility. We will be driving to the parks sans MK, as im not a fan of dealing with the TTC. We always park hop, but this year its 2 days MK, 1 day everything else, and 1 resort day.
I would always pick Jambo over Kidani but obviously that's not an option these days.

Totally agree with your general strategy though, drive to everything except MK.

Mainahman

Original Poster
I would always pick Jambo over Kidani but obviously that's not an option these days.

Totally agree with your general strategy though, drive to everything except MK.
It was an on the house upgrade, and there is Bread service! Id like to try Jambo, but it doesn't seem to be be available in 2021 either. Thats the new "normal" for us will be drive to anything other than MK, and maybe drive one day and not the other for the 2.

Mickey Pride

How large is your family?
What time of the year will you be going in 2021? (Early or Late in the year) The reason I ask this question is if the Covid -19 restriction are not done and the park hopping is still not available would the proximity of the resort to the MK be a problem?

If you have a large family, I would lean towards the 2 bathroom and the AoA resort. From the looks of the most time you spend in the parks anyway and not in the resort. So you want as much space to get ready to get out to the parks as quickly as possibly.

Mainahman

Original Poster
How large is your family?
What time of the year will you be going in 2021? (Early or Late in the year) The reason I ask this question is if the Covid -19 restriction are not done and the park hopping is still not available would the proximity of the resort to the MK be a problem?

If you have a large family, I would lean towards the 2 bathroom and the AoA resort. From the looks of the most time you spend in the parks anyway and not in the resort. So you want as much space to get ready to get out to the parks as quickly as possibly.
4 this route, and to be honest, park hopping doesn't bother me. We usually use it, but mostly when it's just my wife and I. June 2021 is the plan. We will be there in 35 days, but got a killer upgrade, so made.me think of other deluxes to try.

Mickey Pride

4 this route, and to be honest, park hopping doesn't bother me. We usually use it, but mostly when it's just my wife and I. June 2021 is the plan. We will be there in 35 days, but got a killer upgrade, so made.me think of other deluxes to try.
Hopefully by June of 2021 all of this or at least most of this will be settled enough to have a mostly normal experience at WDW. Four should be okay for one bathroom unless any of those 4 requires a 45 minute shower and a lot of time in front of the mirror. :) In that case a deluxe upgrade would be nice. I have never stayed in a deluxe so I cannot really help you there, but good luck.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Hopefully by June of 2021 all of this or at least most of this will be settled enough to have a mostly normal experience at WDW. Four should be okay for one bathroom unless any of those 4 requires a 45 minute shower and a lot of time in front of the mirror. :) In that case a deluxe upgrade would be nice. I have never stayed in a deluxe so I cannot really help you there, but good luck.
You just explained my youngest neice ;) we were supposed to be at all star music suites this trip, but with the closure, we got moved to a 2 bedroom villa at kidani. I mentioned AoA just to have the 2 bathrooms so is "common folk" can get ready.

Mickey Pride

You just explained my youngest neice ;) we were supposed to be at all star music suites this trip, but with the closure, we got moved to a 2 bedroom villa at kidani. I mentioned AoA just to have the 2 bathrooms so is "common folk" can get ready.
My fiance is the quick one in the bathroom and as for me I am the other one that is more like your niece. :) We are only two so it isn't that bad with one bathroom, but when it gets up to 4-5 guests sharing it can be tough I suppose. Kidani 2BR I imagine is a huge upgrade from All Star Music Suites, but if you need the 2 bathrooms I think AoA is a very nice resort as well.

Mainahman

Original Poster
My fiance is the quick one in the bathroom and as for me I am the other one that is more like your niece. :) We are only two so it isn't that bad with one bathroom, but when it gets up to 4-5 guests sharing it can be tough I suppose. Kidani 2BR I imagine is a huge upgrade from All Star Music Suites, but if you need the 2 bathrooms I think AoA is a very nice resort as well.
It's high on the list because of skyliner too. However I have a hard time with it, as for 500 more I can be sipping cocktails Nat the lava pool at poly....

Mickey Pride

It's high on the list because of skyliner too. However I have a hard time with it, as for 500 more I can be sipping cocktails Nat the lava pool at poly....
The Skyliner would be a huge plus, but Poly also has access to the Monorail as well and if that 500 more isn't a big deal than the upgrade to Poly would be nice.

Mickey Pride

That's how I see it. We've always done POP but I'm hoping she falls in love with AKL...
I have only been to AoA and POP, but my fiance growing up has been to several of the other resorts and she says every Disney resort is beautiful in its own way. I don't see how she won't love the AKL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom