2024 NASCAR

artvandelay

Brad Keslowski is racing for the 6 car starting in 2022. It is confirmed Brad becomes a minority owner of Roush and will be part of the competition committee while driving. He will taking a bigger role once he retires.

Additional details on driver lineup, partners and other team assets at a later date.

I do know a little bit about Ryan Newman. Roush considered a 3 car full time team, but decided not to. According to the conference, there is a possibility of Newman racing part time for them. Roush right now is letting Newman decide his own direction.
Since Newman went to RFR they have improved, but he is getting up there in age.

wdwfan4ver

I really don't have a good idea about Ryan Newman on the cup level for 2022. The rides are not there for him to do full time cup unless Ryan want to do lower level cup teams. If Ryan Newman wants to do a full time season, he needs multiple cup teams.

Kaulig Racing has 2 charters with one known driver. It could be a spot for him, but it does not seem like they want a 2nd full time drive with them being a Chevy team.

wdwfan4ver

Since Newman went to RFR they have improved, but he is getting up there in age.
I don't think age is the issue with Newman despite going to be 44 years old in December. Newman has not been the same since the Daytona 500 wreck. If he wants a full time competitive ride, he's better off in Xfinity series or the trucks.

I think it is possible he's going to retire from NASCAR after this season as a driver.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Radio and Television broadcaster Bob Jenkins died at the 73 from Brain Cancer:(.

While Bob Jenkins was called the voice of the Indy 500, he also did call NASCAR Races. Bob was a great racing announcer for ESPN/ABC back in the 80s and 90s for NASCAR and CART. ESPN was the gold standard for broadcasting NASCAR racing in the 90s. I recalled Jenkins working with Benny Parsons back in the 1990s. NASCAR broadcasting in the 90s in general was very good at announcing and I can't always say that since the 2000s.

Bob Jenkins stopped doing NASCAR races on TV after 2000 due to Fox and NBC got the tv contract for NASCAR. He did CART/Champ car and Indy car through 2012.

RIP to a great broadcaster.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Jay Fabian has temporary stepped away from his duties of Cup Series Director while facing felony changes of Animal Cruelty. There will be several people in NASCAR's competition department that will be taking Jay's duties.

The animal cruelty charges are for Jay's willful neglect of his dogs. The Allegations with Jay are the following:
One dog died after being deprived “of all necessary sustenance in which to live.” A second dog was also deprived of “necessary sustenance.” 3rd dog was extremely dehydrated and starved.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Auto racing media member Robin Miller died at the age of 71 from leukemia. Robin Miller was more known for open wheel than NASCAR. Robin was the person who break the Winston is leaving NASCAR story back in 2003. Robin Miller was a journalist for the Indianapolis Star, but I first heard of him from the old Speed Channel show Wind tunnel along with him being on ESPN. He also was on NBC for a time.

He was a pit crew member at Indy and was a race car driver that raced in midgets up to when I was little. The catch was Robin was a journalist while being a race car driver.

RIP to the biggest open wheel insider that I heard of.

wdwfan4ver

The long time tradition of the Clash at Daytona is over. The Daytona Clash started in 1979 as part of Daytona Speed weeks. It is an exhibition race that is like the all-star race with no points at all. I think there was some attendance issues with the event at Daytona.

The event is moved to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, California. I know the place very well despite not visiting California. It is one of the most famous stadiums arounds. I think of American Football and Olympics.

I think Fox had a say due to Los Angeles is a huge market despite it not being known as a NASCAR market.

NASCAR has struggled in the los Angeles Market for decades. I can pin point as early as the 1970s for struggles in this market with bad attendance at the now demolished Ontario Motor Speedway. I also mentioning this because Auto Club Speedway had issues for years in terms of attendance back when it had 2 races a season. This issue happened due Fontana, California only being an hour away from Los Angeles.

wdwfan4ver

I don't have the full information yet, but one of the 2 Pocono cup track dates are going to World Wide Technology Raceway. The race track was formally know as Gateway Motorsports Park and is located in Madison, Illinois. Gateway Motorsports Park also is a 1.25 mile race track.

Gateway Motorsports Park was part of the NASCAR series from 1998 to 2010 before coming back in 2014. The Xfinity series and truck series race here. The Xfinity series raced at Gateway Motorsports Park from 1998 to 2010. The truck series raced there from 1998 to 2010 before returning again to 2014. The reason NASCAR stopped going to Gateway Motorsports Park after 2010 was due to Dover Motorsports closing the track. Back in the late 2000s to early 2010s, Dover Motorsports closed 3 out of the 4 race tracks they owned. Gateway Motorsports Park got lucky that Dover Motorsports was able to sell the race track.

I don't know the date off hand, but more information is supposed to be known tomorrow.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Nascar's 2022 cup schedule got announced. Here are the dates and the tracks:
February 6th, 2022 - Clash (Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum)
February 17, 2022 - Duels at Daytona
February 20, 2022 - Daytona 500
February 27, 2022 - Auto club Speedway
March 6, 2022 - Las Vegas Motor Speedway
March 13, 2022 - Phoenix Raceway
March 20, 2022 - Atlanta Motor Speedway
March 27, 2022 - Circuit of the Americas
April 3, 2022 - Richmond Raceway
April 9, 2022 - Martinsville Speedway
April 17, 2022 - Bristol Dirt race
April 24,2022 - Talladega Motor Speedway
May 1, 2022 - Dover International Speedway
May 8, 2022 - Darlington Raceway
May 15, 2022 - Kansas Speedway
May 22, 2022 - Texas Motor Speedway All-star Race
May 29,2022 - Coca Cola 600
June 5, 2022 - World Wide Technology Raceway
June 12, 2022 - Sonoma Raceway
June 26, 2022 - Nashville Super Speedway
July 3, 2022 - Road America
July 10, 2022 - Atlanta Motor Speedway
July 17, 2022 - New Hampshire Motor Speedway
July 24, 2022 - Pocono Raceway
July 31, 2022 - IMS road course
August 7, 2022 - Michigan International Speedway
August 14, 2022 - Richmond Raceway
August 21, 2022 - Watkins Glen International
August 27, 2022 - Daytona International Speedway
September 4, 2022 - Southern 500
September 11, 2022 - Kansas Speedway
September 17, 2022 - Bristol Motor Speedway
September 25, 2022 - Texas Motor Speedway
October 2, 2022 - Talladega Super Speedway
October 9, 2022 - Charlotte Roval
October 16, 2022 - Las Vega Motor Speedway
October 23, 2022 - Homestead-Miami Speedway
October 30, 2022 - Martinsville Speedway
November 6, 2022 - Phoenix Raceway

wdwfan4ver

GMS racing announced Ty Dillon has been signed to be a full time cup driver next year. It will be GMS first season in cup. GMS is a successful truck series organization that won 2 truck series championships.

The car number will be 94. 2022 will be the first year the car number 94 has been used since Stanton Barrett raced in it in 2004 for 5 races. The 94 car number is mostly famous for being the car number Bill Elliott used from 1995 to 2000 back when Bill was a driver/owner.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom