2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

3 former NASCAR crew chiefs announced as crew chiefs for Superstar Racing Experience. The 3 crew chiefs are Mike Beam, Jeff Hammond, and Todd Parrott. I think people who became NASCAR fans in the last 20 years no longer think of Jeff as a crew chief, but part of Fox. I remember Jeff as a crew chief, but his prime was before I started following NASCAR.

Todd Parrott was a great early 90s to early 2000s crew chief. He has been a crew chief for a very long time starting the mid 90s.

Mike Beam does not stick out as a crew chief in cup although he was a good crew. Mike was crew chief back in 80s, 90s, and 2000s in cup. He only had 3 cup wins. Mike had more success in the trucks and xfinity series back in the mid 2000s to mid 2010s.

wdwfan4ver

Chase Elliott's spotter Eddie D'Hondt got suspended by NASCAR and Hendrick Motorsports. What happened was news came out that Eddie was arrested on May 12th. He was charged with assault on a female and battery of an unborn child. He's due in court next month.

Under NASCAR's policy, Eddie was suspended indefinitely for not giving the required notice of being charged with a with a misdemeanor/felony within 72 hours.
Update on this. Eddie is back to spotting in NASCAR. What happened was the charges were dropped due to 2 things. Witnesses made conflicting statements and dispositive evidence was never provided by the DA's office.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR legend Jack Ingram died at the age of 84. When I got into NASCAR Jack stopped racing. Jack Ingram was a 5 time champion in the Busch series. He raced very rarely in cup. I assume he is like lot of racing legends in his era. The amount of money in the cup series was increasing in the 1980's, but Jack was already 45 years old when the NASCAR Late Model Sportsman series got turned into Busch series in 1982.

The fact is regional and lower series driver actually were making more money in lower series than in cup back in the 1970s or made more money by other means. There are drivers in the NASCAR hall of fame that did not make a lot of cup starts due to amount of money they made was better than would've been in the cup series.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Maybe he’s going with Kesolowski to RFR?
It is possible. This also brings up questions what will Penske's 2022 crew chief lineup with be.

He does not know yet what he will do after he retires as a crew chief. I know he wants to spend more time with family. I know he lives in north Carolina. I'm guessing if he stays in NASCAR, it would be in a position that he does not spend time on the road.

artvandelay

It is possible. This also brings up questions what will Penske's 2022 crew chief lineup with be.

He does not know yet what he will do after he retires as a crew chief. I know he wants to spend more time with family. I know he lives in north Carolina. I'm guessing if he stays in NASCAR, it would be in a position that he does not spend time on the road.
Kind of like Chad Knaus’s job with HMS?

wdwfan4ver

Big Shocking news today.

Trackhouse Racing bought the NASCAR part of Chip Ganassi Racing. The transfer of all Chip Ganassi Racing NASCAR assets happens following the November 7th race. Chip is still involved in racing, but not in NASCAR. Chip originally made name for himself as an owner in Indycar back in the 90s winning championships. He originally was a race car driver.

What I know is Trackhouse Racing is planning to have a 2 team operation next year and Daniel Suarez will be using 99 number next. Kurt Busch is a free agent after this year with Trackhouse racing and 23 XI Racing being interested in him racing full time. Track House is also interest in Ross Chastain. They basically have to chose between Kurt or Ross. I'm guessing it depends on what Kurt decides on picking between the 2 rides.

Trackhouse will be use the 2 charters CGR has. Spire Motorsports leased a Charter for the 2021 season to Trackhouse and that charter is returning to Spire Motorsports in 2022.

I called this shocking because Chip has been a NASCAR owner since 2000 and is only 63 years. Chip did say he actually did not have plans of selling it before being approached by Trackhouse. He said the offer was too go to be turned down. What I know about Chip is he's one the least wealthy owners in the cup series despite being a legendary owner in Auto Racing. Chip is only worth 40 million dollars. I know DC Solar mess did effect the organization for sponsorship money.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Atlanta Motor Speedway had a reconfigure announcement. Basically the track is going to be faster and more narrow.

The Apron banking is going to be the same amount of degrees. On transition Apron is going from 4 degrees to 18 degrees. The turns of the banking are going from 24 degrees to 28 degrees. 28 degrees is the most banking on a intermediate oval track.

The frontstretch is going from 55 feet to 52 feet. The Backstretch is going from 55 feet to 42 feet. The turns are going from 53 feet to 40 feet.

wdwfan4ver

Penske announced Austin Cindric is racing the 2 car in 2022. That confirms Brad is going to Roush.

Wood Brothers announced Harrison Burton will be the driver of the 21 car. Wood Brothers got a Toyota development driver that is now going to race a Ford next year. Harrison Burton is a questionable move for the Wood Brothers. Harrison Burton had a great rookie year in 2020, but he's having a down year despite Chase Briscoe and Ross Chastain being full time cup drivers this year. I know Harrison Burton's crew chief in 2020 is now Kyle Busch's cup crew chief and don't know much is caused by that.

I don't know where Matty dibenedetto will go next year. Trackhouse Racing mentioned they are interested in Kurt Busch and Ross Chastain, but only one of them will be going to Trackhouse.

wdwfan4ver

Brad Keslowski is racing for the 6 car starting in 2022. It is confirmed Brad becomes a minority owner of Roush and will be part of the competition committee while driving. He will taking a bigger role once he retires.

Additional details on driver lineup, partners and other team assets at a later date.

I do know a little bit about Ryan Newman. Roush considered a 3 car full time team, but decided not to. According to the conference, there is a possibility of Newman racing part time for them. Roush right now is letting Newman decide his own direction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom