2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

What’s wrong with Kyle Busch? Lack of practice time? New crew chief? Also, Harvick has not been very good so far
There is a combination of things with Kyle Busch and Mr Bill already mentioned them.

I have an explanation for Kevin Harvick. There are 2 things to look at.

Kevin actually has a good season this year compared to his teammates. He has 2 top 5's and 6 top 10's. The laps led are not there though. They are down compared to his past standards. Almirola, Briscoe and Custer does not have a single top 10 yet this year. There is a talent difference that is showing this year. Briscoe and Custer are not that experienced in cup and lack of practice has hurt them. Almirola has been a streaky driver ever since he went to Stewart-Hass. Kevin is carrying the organization. I don't think having Bowyer instead of Briscoe would have helped much. Bowyer was on the decline as a driver.

I know Tony Stewart wanted Kyle Larson because he can carry equipment better than it should, but Ford overruled him. I think Stewart did not want 2 drivers without a lot of experience. I know Cole is a 2nd year driver, but does not have a lot of practice time. Cole as a talent before last season to me was not on the same level as Christopher Bell.

The equipment is really down. I question if Stewart-Hass is focusing more on next gen car since it comes out next year or could be what Mr. Bill mentioned about Tony being spread out.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Superstar Racing Experience Broadcast team has been announced for CBS Sports.
The broadcasters are Allen Bestwick, Lindsey Czarniak, Brad Daugherty, and Matt Yocum.

Here are the driver Analysts and the race dates they will be the Analysts:
Danica Patrick (June 12th and June 19th)
James Hinchcliffe (June 26th and July 17th)
Dario Franchitti (July 3rd, July 10th)

artvandelay

Superstar Racing Experience Broadcast team has been announced for CBS Sports.
The broadcasters are Allen Bestwick, Lindsey Czarniak, Brad Daugherty, and Matt Yocum.

Here are the driver Analysts and the race dates they will be the Analysts:
Danica Patrick (June 12th and June 19th)
James Hinchcliffe (June 26th and July 17th)
Dario Franchitti (July 3rd, July 10th)
Glad to see Allen Bestwick back.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
images(6).jpg

wdwfan4ver

Superstar Racing Experience announced Hailie Deegan as a driver. I'm guessing she's the replacement for Mark Weber. Mark to my understanding has the issue of traveling during Covid-19.

I know she's an upcoming driver that is doing the truck series this year full time. Hailie right now is trying to do the dirt to asphalt transition. She won championships before she turned 18 years old.

wdwfan4ver

There is a lot of information for the June 13th All-star race in Texas that came out last night.

• Pre-race festivities will feature an old wild western theme during driver introductions.
  • Race will have 6 rounds with a total of 100 laps
  • First 4 rounds have 15 laps. 5th round has 30 laps. 6th round has 10 laps.
  • Beginning of the 2 round will have the field inverted by random draw live on FS1. Minimum is 8 cars and the max is 12 cars being inverted.
  • Round 2 random draw will be seen by fans attending the race on Big Hoss TV. Big Hoss has has 22,704.64 square feet of HD LED display and is middle of the backstretch.
  • The entire field will be inverted before round 3 starts.
  • Before round 4 starts, the field field will be inverted by random draw. Minimum is 8 cars and the max is 12 cars being inverted.
  • Round 5 starting positions will be set by cumulative finish from round 1 to round 4. The lowest cumulative finisher starts on the pole, second-lowest starts second, and so forth.
  • All cars need to do mandatory pit stop during round.
  • Starting positions in final round are determined by finishing order of round 5.
  • Only green flag laps count in all-star race.
  • fastest pit crew during mandatory pitstop wins $100,000.
  • Winner of All-star race wins a million dollars.
  • NASCAR open will happen before the all-star race.
  • Drivers Already clinched a spot before the NASCAR Open are drivers won in 2020 or 2021 and driver that won NASCAR championships in cup series.
  • NASCAR open will have 3 segments with them being 20 laps, 20 laps, and 10 laps.
  • Winner of the segments will get in the all-star race and the winner of the fan vote will too.
  • Part-time cup drivers are not allowed in the open or the all-star race.

Last edited:

artvandelay

There is a lot of information for the June 13th All-star race in Texas that came out last night.

• Pre-race festivities will feature an old wild western theme during driver introductions.
  • Race will have 6 rounds with a total of 100 laps
  • First 4 rounds have 15 laps. 5th round has 30 laps. 6th round has 10 laps.
  • Beginning of the 2 round will have the field inverted by random draw live on FS1. Minimum is 8 cars and the max is 12 cars being inverted.
  • Round 2 random draw will be seen by fans attending the race on Big Hoss TV. Big Hoss has has 22,704.64 square feet of HD LED display and is middle of the backstretch.
  • The entire field will be inverted before round 3.
  • Before round 4, the field field will be inverted by random draw. . Minimum is 8 cars and the max is 12 cars being inverted.
  • Round 5 starting positions will be set by cumulative finish from round 1 to round 4. The lowest cumulative finisher starts on the pole, second-lowest starts second, and so forth.
  • All cars need to do mandatory pit stop during round.
  • Starting positions in final round are determined by finishing order of round 5.
  • Only green flag laps count in all-star race.
  • fastest pit crew during mandatory pitstop wins $100,000.
  • Winner of All-star race wins a million dollars.
  • NASCAR open will happen before the all-star race.
  • Drivers Already clinched a spot before the NASCAR Open are drivers won in 2020 or 2021 and driver that won NASCAR championships in cup series.
  • NASCAR open will have 3 segments with them being 20 laps, 20 laps, and 10 laps.
  • Winner of the segments will get in the all-star race and the winner of the fan vote will too.
  • Part-time cup drivers are not allowed in the open or the all-star race.
Huh?😀

wdwfan4ver

Don't feel bad. Blame NASCAR and Texas Motor Speedway for this. I know NASCAR all-star races have gimmicks, but this a mess.

I'm happy they didn't mess with the NASCAR open format, but the all-star race is yikes. T

When I first read this, I thought NASCAR had too many gimmicks for the all-star race itself and had too many segments/rounds in the all-star race. There is no need for an all-star having 6 rounds/segments. I hope the amount segments the all-star race has does not give NASCAR any ideas for increasing amount of segments in a regular cup race.

The only thing I could think of with the amount of gimmicks is they are trying to give Texas Motor Speedway an interesting race, but I question if it really would work.

wdwfan4ver

Legendary race car driver and Emmy Award winning broadcaster Bobby Unser died at the age of 87. He was a 2 time Indycar champion and a 3 time Indy 500 champion. He also is part of a famous racing family. The Unser family won a combined 9 Indy 500 races and over 100 Indycar races.

He did race in NASCAR for 4 races that includes 2 top 5 finishes. He raced in my dad's era and Bobby Unser was one of the drivers he met at the Milwaukee Mile back in his teenage years.

I never saw him race live, but I remembered him for announcing races when I was growing up.

RIP to a legend in Auto racing.

wdwfan4ver

Superstar Racing Experience announced race format and points format and how starting line up will be handled.

The Starting lineup for heat race 1 is by random draw. The 2nd heat race starting lineup will be determined by inverting the finishing order of the first heat. The starting lineup of the 100 lap feature would be determine by the finishing order of the 2nd heat race.

Each of the 6 race tracks on the schedule will have heat races and Features. I know Stafford Motor Speedway will have 2 heat races and a feature race.

The points system is by heat races and feature races.
Each heat winner gets a max of 12 points. How the points go in heat races is by finish order such as 2nd place gets 11 points and 3rd gets 10 points as an example.

The feature race for points is the winner gets 25 points, 2nd place gets 22 points, 3rd place 20 points, 4th place 18 points, 5th place 16 points, 6th place 14 points, 7th place 12 points, 8th place 10 points, 9th place 8 points, 10th place 6 points, 11th place 4 points, and 12th place 2 points.

wdwfan4ver

Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage is retiring after the June 13th Cup all-star race. He's one of the most well known track presidents ever.

There is no information on who will replace him.

I don't know what caused that unless he wants an earlier retirement considering he's 62 years old. I do know people have criticize the racing at the track after turns 1 & 2 got reconfigured. I also know people were not happy with Texas Motor Speedway being 1 groove track for Indycar due to the PJ1 traction compound use for NASCAR Races at the track.

wdwfan4ver

I am aware of Brad Keswlowski being offered a percentage of Rush Fenway Racing with it would be renamed Rush Fenway Keselowski Racing along with Brad Racing for them in the 6 car. Bob Pockrass of Fox sports claims its a done.

It is not a secret that Brad and Joey have a lot of issues as teammates and it shows up at Daytona and Talladega. It also is known that Brad wants to stay in NASCAR after he retires. The fact is Jack Rush is going to be 80 years old next year and the cup side will have a next gen car. Brad does have money for a percentage of ownership because his business actually is looking to add more employees due to how successful is.

I don't think it will affect silly Season much because Penske has Matt Dibenedetto and Austin Cindric. I know Matt needed a ride after this year, and I think that fixes that. Wood brothers 21 car is basically a 4th car.

Penske has no upcoming drivers after Cindric. Ryan Newman either will be on a 3rd team for Rush Fenway or leave the organization.

Last edited:

artvandelay

I am aware of Brad Keswlowski being offered a percentage of Rush Fenway Racing with it would be renamed Rush Fenway Keselowski Racing along with Brad Racing for them in the 6 car. Bob Pockrass of Fox sports claims its a done.

It is not a secret that Brad and Joey have a lot of issues as teammates and it shows up at Daytona and Talladega. It also is known that Brad wants to stay in NASCAR after he retires. The fact is Jack Rush is going to be 80 years old next year and the cup side will have a next gen car. Brad does have money for a percentage of ownership because his business actually is looking to add more employees due to how successful is.

I don't think it will affect silly Season much because Penske has Matt Dibenedetto and Austin Cindric. I know Matt needed a ride after this year, and I think that fixes that. Wood brothers 21 car is basically a 4th car.

Penske has no upcoming drivers after Cindric. Ryan Newman either will be on a 3rd team for Rush Fenway or leave the organization.
Roush has been performing better this year too.

wdwfan4ver

Chase Elliott's spotter Eddie D'Hondt got suspended by NASCAR and Hendrick Motorsports. What happened was news came out that Eddie was arrested on May 12th. He was charged with assault on a female and battery of an unborn child. He's due in court next month.

Under NASCAR's policy, Eddie was suspended indefinitely for not giving the required notice of being charged with a with a misdemeanor/felony within 72 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom