2024 NASCAR

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
139803136_264833668332458_8749092079636490744_n.jpg

wdwfan4ver

NBC announced NBC Sports Network is going to shutdown by the end of 2021. What I gather is the NASCAR contract with NBC is through 2024. USA Network is going to carry or simulcast NASCAR races and sport events.

USA Network is a network that I watch very little since 2002. As USA Network doing sporting events, they have a history of doing that though not NASCAR to my memory.

What happened here is something that was rumored either late December or earlier this month, but I needed it to be confirmed at the time.

Last edited:

Buck Wheelie

NBC announced NBC Sports Network is going to shutdown by the end of 2021. What I gather is the NASCAR contract with NBC is through 2024. USA Network is going to carry or simulcast NASCAR races and sport events.

USA Network is a network that I watch very little since 2002. As USA Network doing sporting events, they have a history of doing that though not NASCAR to my memory.
I'm wondering if eliminating NBCSN is for NBC to go with the trend of streaming they can charge for?

wdwfan4ver

There is an update on Matt Tifft, he can't race for a while yet. According to North Carolina law, a person needs to go 6 months without suffering seizure in order to driver. Matt suffered a seizure 10 weeks ago and now has suffered 7 seizures in the last soon to be 15 months.

wdwfan4ver

I'm wondering if eliminating NBCSN is for NBC to go with the trend of streaming they can charge for?
I read is NBC has plans of moving some elements of NBCSN to Peacock for 2022. Peacock is their streaming app. I don't know how this will effect Indycar since the contract is up after this year, but it is possible for that racing organization to have livestream only events that people have to pay for.

What I know is NBC has peacock app, but I read NASCAR races can not be livestream only according their tv contract.

I do not have a Peacock app and I read that sports coverage is going to cost $5.00 per month on Peacock.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Superstar Racing Experience announced Marco Andretti as a driver. I am underwhelmed by the choice to say the least. Marco won once as rookie in 2006 in Indycar, but only once since.

I grew up watching his grandfather and his dad race. Those two are way better drivers than Marco. Marco has not got a top 3 finish since 2015. I don't know if Tony was able to get a better driver than Marco for the remaining spots.

Last edited:

Buck Wheelie

I knew when they were going into the backstretch chicane that Busch could win and sure enough the Blaney and Elliot gave it to him. It looked like Truex had the race under control but the car got away from him. The track must of been really slick in spots.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And now it's raining and the forecast isn't looking good. Every year I look forward to this race and it rains. They used to start the race at noon. I wish they would go back to that time.

It's also the one race I always look forward to, but with the long rain delays, etc., I read that the race didn't finish until after midnight. I never stay up that late, so I read about it today.

Anyway, congratulations to the winner, Michael McDowell, in the Ford # 34. :)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's also the one race I always look forward to, but with the long rain delays, etc., I read that the race didn't finish until after midnight. I never stay up that late, so I read about it today.

7 road tracks and a dirt race. Should be an interesting season

Buck Wheelie

I didn't make it to the end. I'm at work at 5:30 am and was until about 120th lap. I like to see a new winner and happy for McDowell. Its back to the road course next week.

wdwfan4ver

And now it's raining and the forecast isn't looking good. Every year I look forward to this race and it rains. They used to start the race at noon. I wish they would go back to that time.
That is a tv network issue. They want the highest rating possible with the west coast viewers and NASCAR listens to networks. Fox is responsible for the upcoming Bristol dirt race because Fox feels a Bristol dirt race would be better tv ratings than a regular Bristol race would.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom