2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

Kaulig Racing announced Aj Allmendinger will be racing full in the xfinity series for them in 2021. This is something to keep an eye on because that organization has plans of entering all Super Speedway and road course races in cup in 2021.

wdwfan4ver

There is something to keep an eye on. Indycar at this time is concerned about their Long Beach race happening in April. This affects NASCAR because their Auto Club Motor Speedway cup race is Scheduled on February 28th. There are rumors that NASCAR is looking at moving the race to a different track. I also gather that NASCAR wants at least some people in the stands for each race. It is known that NASCAR tracks lost money this year.

As far as Sonoma goes, there is no rumors on it since the cup date is in June.

I think there is truth to the rumors with NASCAR for Auto Club Speedway. Everyone know how the local and state government in California has been running since covid-19. Since the government in California does not allow theme parks to open, there is no way for Sporting events happen with people attending.

There are problems with sporting events in California at this time. There has been College Football bowl games canceled in California or they don't have fans at all. All 3 NFL teams are having issues playing home games in California right now. The 49ers for sure are not allowed to play their in California right now. The other 2 teams that state may have to play their home games in Vegas.

Right is happening is on a local or state government level that is making sports hard to have games for even without fans in California.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Superstar Racing Experience announced a new driver. They announced Ernie Francis Jr. Ernie Francis Jr. is 22 year old driver that is a multi Trans-am series champion.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR officially announced they will not be racing at Auto Club Speedway in 2021 and will be racing at Homestead Speedway instead. That brings up the total of road courses for NASCAR up to 7 for the 2021 season.

What is happening is NASCAR is having the first point races in 2021 in Florida. Daytona International Speedway Road course now will be the 2nd points race of the year with Homestead now being the 3rd race of the year.

As far as the transformation of Auto Club Speedway being turned into a short track, NASCAR addressed that. NASCAR wants fans to see the original configuration and surface in 2022 before being turning into a short track in 2023.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I have an explanation of why NASCAR is giving the date to a the Daytona International Speedway road course configuration instead of a different type of a tack. NASCAR is very limited what race tracks they can go to in February due to chance of snow and how cold it can get. Goodyear does not have a racing version of snow tires.

Auto Club Speedway is owned by the people that run NASCAR and it makes sense why they want to move to one of their other tracks. Daytona and homestead have no chance of getting snow in February. Phoenix and Talladega have a very low chance of getting snow that month. NASCAR is not doing Talladega in February because a lot of cars get destroyed or need to be rebuild after the Daytona 500. NASCAR owned short tracks are located in Iowa, and Virginia. NASCAR had the cup series race at Richmond in February back in the 1980s and a part of the 1990s, but there had been issues such as cold temperatures and snow. What I mean by cold is stuff like around 27 degrees outside.

Buck Wheelie

We will probably see a better race at the Daytona RC than at California. I've never been a fan of Fontana and it will be interesting to see what the future is for the track when or if they build the smaller track.

wdwfan4ver

Superstar Racing Experience announced their entire racing schedule.

Here are the races and the race tracks:
June 12: Stafford Motor Speedway, Stafford Springs, CT
June 19: Knoxville (Iowa) Speedway
June 26: Eldora Speedway, New Weston, OH
July 3: Lucas Oil Raceway, Indianapolis
July 10: Slinger (Wisconsin) Speedway
July 17: Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway

There is 2 things interesting with the schedule. The Nashville Fairground Speedway the race track that SMI is working with city officials for brining the race track back on the NASCAR schedule.

Knoxville racetrack also will be where NASCAR's trucks will do a race at next year.

I never attended a Slinger Speedway race, but I heard of the race track. Slinger is a track that never made it to one of the 3 National NASCAR series for 2 very good reasons. Slinger is a quarter a mile race rack and its seating capacity is 10,000.

Some of the people that went to NASCAR actually race the race track before going to NASCAR such as Matt Kenseth. The race track is best known for the Slinger Nationals and has been around since 1980. That event has a tradition of NASCAR drivers showing up this event such as Mark Martin, Ernie Irvan, Kyle Busch, Kyle Petty, Bobby Allison, the late Davey Allision, the late Dale Earnhardt sr, Dale Jarrett, the late Alan Kulwicki, Rusty Wallace, Sterling Marlin, Harry Gant, the late Neil Bonnett, Michael Waltrip and others.

Buck Wheelie

I wonder how competitive Stewart and Evernham's new series will be. I know IROC did just fine but they were on bigger tracks. Might be fun to see guys like Mark Webber, Kannan, Helio and Willy Ribbs to get up to speed at Knoxville and Eldora. I thought I read somewhere that CBS will air these races in prime time so I'm sure they will do everything they can to put on a good show.

wdwfan4ver

Anthony Alfredo is now announced the driver of the 38 car of Front Row Motorsports. Anthony Alfredo hasn't do a full season in any NASCAR series. What happened here was Anthony lost his part time ride in the Xfinity series with RCR. He had 2 top 5's and 9 top 10's in 19 starts in 2020.

wdwfan4ver

It has been announced that Safer Barriers are going to be removed for the Bristol dirt races. The reason for that is dirt piling up between steel panels and concreate wall. It makes it difficult to move the wall on impact.

wdwfan4ver

It was announced that Trackhouse Racing has Rapper Pitbull aka Armando Christian Perez as a co-owner.

As far as money he brings to the table, he is nowhere worth the money as Michael Jordan is worth. Jordan's net worth makes him a billionaire. The rapper based on I what I read is one the top 10 highest paid rappers in the world, but worth is anywhere 65 million dollars to 100 million dollars depending on the source. That means the race team has a slightly more cash as a race team.

Buck Wheelie

The only race I'll probably watch is the Daytona, even though they ruined that with the segments.
I hate the segments too especially the part for awarding points toward the season championship. If they want to throw a caution during the race that's fine because they were doing that anyway I think only finishing positions should be awarded points.

wdwfan4ver

There were 3 Daytona 500 entry announcements today.

Jamie Mcmurray will be the driver of the 77 Spire Motorsports car for the Daytona 500 with AdventHealth as sponsor with equipment from Chip Ganassi Racing.

1990 Daytona 500 Winner Derrike Cope will be racing in his final Daytona 500. He will with be with Rick Ware Racing in the number 15 car.

Gaunt Brothers has announced they will have Ty Dillon drive for them for the Daytona 500.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom