2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

I did find out something and is something to keep an eye on.

Helio Castroneves was not originally scheduled to compete at Superstar Racing Experiences race at 5 flags Speedway and won the race. The new CEO of Superstar Racing Experience Don Hawk back in January of this year told Helio that if he wins a Superstar Racing Experience race, Don will call his NASCAR connections to get him in a car at Daytona.

wdwfan4ver

Bruton Smith died at the age of 95. He was the owner Speedway Motorsports. His company owns Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Sonoma Raceway, Texas Motor speedway, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Kentucky Speedway, Bristol Motor Speedway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Nashville Super Speedway, Dover Motor Speedway, and North Wilkesboro Speedway.

His legacy is mixed. I said mixed because he did stuff people didn't like, but also was responsible for stuff to for the good of the sport also.

wdwfan4ver

23XI Racing announced they signed Tyler Reddick for the 2024 season. It is unknown if 23XI racing will have 3 race teams in 2024.

RCR did a press release on twitter after 23XI Racing's announcement. They said "We're proud of the success of Tyler Reddick has found at Richard Childress Racing. We're focused on winning a championship in 2022 and 2023, although timing of this announcement could not be any worse."

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR has announced the first ever street course for NASCAR will happened at downtown Chicago on July 1-2, 2023. Everything pin points to Downtown Chicago street course replacing Road America's cup date.

This happened to Road America despite Road America having great attendance for the 2 cup races. What I meant by great attendance is over 100,000 fans back in 2021. The fact is even before the Road America race this year, the event was going to be gone anyone from Road America due to Chicago being bigger market.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The cup winner of the Pocono Race, Denny Hamlin has been disqualified. The 2nd place driver of the race Kyle Bush has been disqualified also. Chase Elliott is now the winner of the race despite never leading a lap in the race.

What happened aero in the front fascia. Material was found in the front fascia that shouldn't have been there.
I only occasionally follow NASCAR these days, but I don't think I ever recall a race ending with results like that! Yikes! :jawdrop:

Mr Bill

It's happened in the Truck and Xfinity series a few times in the past couple of years, but it wasn't a NASCAR policy until 2019. Before that, if the winner failed inspection, they'd keep the win, but get penalized points and/or money. Then for a few years, they called it an "encumbered win" where the driver still won the race, but it didn't count towards the playoffs.

wdwfan4ver

I only occasionally follow NASCAR these days, but I don't think I ever recall a race ending with results like that! Yikes! :jawdrop:
Mr. Bill is correct when NASCAR started to take wins away and the encumbered wins. I remembered the "encumbered wins" in the past like Denny Hamlin's 2017 Southern 500 win.

Cup winners flunking post race inspection isn't new. I remembered that happening to multiple drivers. NASCAR is getting more strict compare to the old days. The best way to put it is Richard Petty wouldn't have 200 wins due to wins like the 1983 Charlotte fall race. Darrell Waltrip himself wouldn't have gotten the 1983 Charlotte fall race win because his team owner took the car home before post race inspection.

wdwfan4ver

Kurt Busch is ruled out of today's Pocono cup race.

He was involved in a single-car wreck during Busch Light Pole Qualifying on Saturday and is still suffering from concussion-like symptoms.
I found out some information about Kurt Busch that I wasn't aware of. Kurt's concussion was caused by a result of cumulative hard hits this season. He had hard hits at Bristol dirt race, at least 1Atlanta restrictor plate race, and Talladega before his hit at Pocono. What I know is the 2nd Atlanta plate race happened the week before Pocono. There might've been more hard crashes than I mentioned, but the Pocono crash the last straw for him. It is very possible that Kurt had multiple concussions this year.

There is something at the Bristol Dirt race hit. Kurt for the Bristol race hit on the driver's side first into the wall. What made that worse is the Bristol dirt race doesn't have safer barriers for the event. Based on what I read, safer barriers don't function well on dirt because it can pack in between the barrier and the wall.

Joey logano also mentioned that his 2 crashes in the gen 7 car last month felt they harder than previous gen cup cars raced. According to a youtube video by Iceberg, there is a cup driver that had a headache for days after a crash with these cars.

What is causing this problem is something that was discovered during testing last year, but NASCAR decided to have teams race this year anyone. There were rumors last year that the next generation car was failing during testing last year. The problem in question is caused by the car being too stuff and the car having too few crash zones for the cars.

Bristol not using safer barriers due to not functioning well as a dirt track and combining it with a stiff car that drivers take most of the hit is asking for trouble.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

The 34 team of has been fined $100,000 and 100 driver and owner points. The crew chief also has been suspended for 4 races. What happened was a single source supplied part was modified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom