2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

Richard Petty Motorsports sold majority interest to GMS racing. It was sold for 19 million dollars. The 43 car with Erik Jones still will be racing full time and the 94 Car with Ty Dillon also will be racing full time. RPM brings to the table 2 charters. The 43 car sponsor is still the same although I question it being sponsored by Focusfactor for 26 races a year starting next year.

The problem is the money the company makes a year is much less than the money it takes to found a cup car. This screams possible bounce checks in the future.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Richard Petty Motorsports sold majority interest to GMS racing. The 43 car with Erik Jones still will be racing full time and the 94 Car with Ty Dillon also will be racing full time. RPM brings to the table 2 charters.
There is something I am going to mention about this. Richard Petty hasn't been a majority owner of Richard Petty Motorsports at all. He has been a figurehead. The fact the Majority owner is an financial company called Medallion. The last time Richard Petty hasn't been a figure head was when Petty Enterprises existed. Petty Enterprises went away after 2008 due to merger with Gillett Evernham Motorsports. If that meager didn't happen, there would be no 43 car in NASCAR right now. When George Gillett got into money problems in 2010, Petty had to go partner with Medallion financial for keeping the organization.

Kyle Petty was basically booted out after 2008 from a racing organization standpoint and is not part of Richard Petty Motorsports.

wdwfan4ver

Motor sports Legend Al Unser Sr. died at the age of 82 after a lengthy illness. Al Unser is best known for his Open wheel career. I consider the Late Bobby Unser and Al Unser Sr. as one the best brother combinations of Auto racing history. There are some brother combination that one brother had the more successful career than the other brother such as the Waltrips in Michael and Darrell, but I don't see than in Bobby & Al at all.

Al was a 3 time champ with 39 wins and a 4 time Indy 500 Champion. He is the oldest driver ever to win the Indy 500 he he was just 5 days away from his 48th birthday. He also won the 24 hours of Daytona in 1985 in sports cars and was a 1 time champion of the International Race Of Champions series. He was the 2nd driver ever to win 4 Indy 500 races. He raced 5 times in NASCAR with 2 4th place finishes. One of the 2 4th place finishes happen at the 1968 Daytona 500.

RIP to one of the legends of Auto racing.

Last edited:

Timmay

Motor sports Legend Al Unser Sr. died at the age of 82 after a lengthy illness. Al Unser is best known for his Open wheel career. I consider the Late Bobby Unser and Al Unser Sr. as one the best brother combinations of Auto racing history. There are some brother combination that one brother had the more successful career than the other brother such as the Waltrips in Michael and Darrell, but I don't see than in Bobby & Al at all.

Al was a 3 time champ with 39 wins and a 4 time Indy 500 Champion. He is the oldest driver ever to win the Indy 500 he he was just 5 days away from his 48th birthday. He also won the 24 hours of Daytona in 1985 in sports cars and was a 1 time champion of the International Race Of Champions series. He was the 2nd driver ever to win 4 Indy 500 races. He raced 5 times in NASCAR with 2 4th place finishes. One of the 2 4th place finishes happen at the 1968 Daytona 500.

RIP to one of the legends of Auto racing.
Let’s not forget he was also back-to-back “King of the Mountain” in what many consider the hardest motor sport event, the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.

wdwfan4ver

2nd Kaulig Racing Cup Car lineup was announced today with it being the 16. This car is not going for the drivers championship at all. I'm guessing its going for the owner's championship instead.

The 16 car cup drivers are Aj Allmendinger, Daniel Hemric and Noah Gregson. Hemric was rookie driver for RCR a couple years ago, but Richard Childress replaced him with Tyler Reddick. Noah Gragson has no previous cup experience. Those 3 drivers were 3 of the 4 final 4 for the 2021 Xinity Series Championship.

wdwfan4ver

Big sponsor news. Mars Incorporated is leaving NASCAR after 2022. I first remembered them sponsoring NASCAR teams back in the 1990s. I don't know how this will affect Kyle Busch after 2022. Based information I read, Kyle's contract ends after 2023.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Big sponsor news. Mars Incorporated is leaving NASCAR after 2022. I first remembered them sponsoring NASCAR teams back in the 1990s. I don't know how this will affect Kyle Busch after 2022. Based information I read, Kyle's contract ends after 2022.
I am making a correction. Kyle's contract ends after 2023.

wdwfan4ver

Ryan Preece has been signed by Stewart-Haas racing to be a reserve driver if any of their full time drivers get covid or unseen circumstances. Ryan will be doing a combined 12 races for the cup, Xfinity, and truck series. He also will be doing simulator work for them.

Ryan right now will be doing 2 cup races in 2022 with them being Dover and the 2022 Coca Cola 600. He also will be doing 3 Xfinity races and 7 truck series races. The Cup races and Xfinity races will be in coordination with Stewart Haas Racing and its technical alliance partners. The truck series races will be for David Gilliland Racing.

wdwfan4ver

Matt Dibenedetto is has signed with a truck series team called Rackley W.A.R.

How Matt went so low in a top 3 NASCAR series for finding a ride is a couple things. He burned bridges at Ford. Sponsors on the cup level don't want to touch him due to his behavior during Phoenix Championship weekend. That behavior was social media related.

NASCAR almost suspended him due to that behavior.

wdwfan4ver

Aric Almirola is retiring from NASCAR after the 2022 season. He said he wanted to spend more time with his family.

Stewart-Haas didn't say the replacement. I do have an opinion why I think will take his place. Stewart-Haas hired Ryan Preece last week and I would think he would be the favorite to replace Almirola.

Timmay

Testing the last couple of days had been fun. The new cars look good, and although it’s just testing, they do seem to be able to stay pretty tight.

wdwfan4ver

Ryan Blaney's crew chief Todd Gordon announced today that he's retiring from the pit box after the end of this season. I don't if Todd still will be in NASCAR or stay with Penske after this season.
I finally got an update on Todd's Gordon's plans. It was announced today that Todd Gordon will joining SiriusXM NASCAR radio to be the co-host of the late shift on Mondays. Todd also will be joining MRN Radio as an analyst in 2022.

wdwfan4ver

Rick Ware Racing announced that Ryan Preece will be racing for them for multiple races starting with the Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum.

David Ragan also will be racing for Rick Ware Racing for multiple races including the 2022 Daytona 500.

wdwfan4ver

Jacques Villeneuve will be attempting the 2022 Daytona 500. I know a quite about him. I know he did Xfinity races at road courses in the 2010s. I remembered him being the 1995 Indy Car Champion and the 1995 Indy 500 Champion. I also recalled him winning the 1997 Formula 1 drivers championship. The thing with him is his racing career went down after 1997. Williams fall behind in 1998. Jacques and the people who represent him were money hungry. He turned a competitive ride in CART back in the 2000s because the team wasn't offering him enough money.

Jacques crewed by signing with the now defunct British American Racing instead of Mclaren. Jacques received a lot of money, but he never won in F1 after 1997.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

It is now known NASCAR has decided to give Atlanta Motor Speedway the same race specs as they do at Daytona and Talladega. NASCAR did this the Smith family decided besides repaving the track, they increased the banking from 24 degrees to 28 degrees. The only race tracks with more banking on a NASCAR cup schedule is Daytona and Talladega.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced stiffer penalty system for cup series in 2022. It has 3 levels
This is level 1 violations:
  • Team sourced parts not meeting the NASCAR rule book not risking a higher penalty level.
  • Failure to meet minimum weight post race.
  • Failure to submit and receive approval of parts in accordance with the NASCAR rule book
The Level 1 violation penalty options are the following:
  • 20 to 75 points
  • 1 to 10 playoff points
  • Team roster member suspension is anywhere from 1 to 3 race.
  • Team event position rosters position penalty is 1 position.
  • The fine would be anywhere from $25,000 to $100,000.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

The Level 2 violations are the following:
  • modifications to next gen single source vendor supplied parts and/or assemblies not arising to a level 3 penalty.
  • failure to meet engine seal requirement.
  • major external engine parts, not part of the long block, that differ from what is required by the rules.
  • Anything that alters or or effects the engine control system wiring harness and/or the certificated engine system wiring sub harness
  • onboard electronics not approved in advance by NASCAR.
  • Violation of the vehicle testing policy not rising to a higher level.
The level 2 violation penalty options are the following:
  • anywhere from 75 to 120 points
  • anywhere from 15 to 25 playoff points
  • Team roster member suspension is anywhere from 4 to 6 races.
  • Team event position rosters position penalty is 1 or 2 positions.
  • The fine is anywhere from $100,000 to $250,000.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom