2021 Disney Experience

fthaynes

Original Poster
Been going to Disney nearly my whole life (I'm 51). Just got back from a trip this past week to celebrate my daughter's birthday and son's HS graduation (since the trip we had planned in the spring got cancelled). Had a great time, dealt with masks, etc. - but for some reason the thrill rides I've loved for years (like Expedition Everest and Space Mountain), I just can't handle anymore, and don't enjoy the experience of the roller coaster drops, loops, and the like. Probably just getting old. Actually, I've gotten to where just being there, soaking up the nostalgia, ambiance, music, and seeing my kids enjoy themselves is enough. Curious if anyone else has experienced that?

Clamman73

I‘m a few years behind you...there‘s no way I can do EE back to back anymore. Space is a maybe now for a 2nd time. Can’t wait to be back on the Peoplemover and hopefully the railroad again in the fall.

fthaynes

Original Poster
I'm not at that point in my life yet, although I do get a similar kick from watching my three-year-old. How were the crowds?
Not that bad, you could actually walk between small world and peter pan. Lines looked really long because of social distancing but really were not that bad. Avg wait for just about everything was 25 - 30 mins.

Goofyernmost

I'm 72 and still do the ones that I did when in my 30's. I did Space Mountain once and never wanted to do it again, it was just to rough with to many sharp turns and drops that you couldn't brace for because you couldn't see anything in the dark. Plus my knees in later years got to where I had a difficult time getting out of the ride vehicle. Everything else is still open territory for me.

NelleBelle

I'm in my mid-40s and have had a rough time with my blood pressure bottoming out and nearly blacking out on rides with a lot of loops, corkscrews, etc (thinking of Rip Ride whatever-the-heck-its-called at Uni)!🤢

GraysonsDad

Yes! I'm about the same age (high 40's) and love to go just for the atmosphere. We do ride the rides but really go for the ambiance of the parks. I LOVE roller coasters, but more for the high speed and high drops so I'm actually not a big fan of the Disney coasters. I ride them but to be honest, they're not "extreme" enough. Used to like the loops but those have started to bother me a bit more as I get older- feels like severe motion sickness. The speeds and hills don't bother me though.

JIMINYCR

I am older than you by 10+ years. On our last trip, I noticed myself having different reactions on some of the spinning and rougher moving attractions. Fortunately it wasnt that bad and never reached the point where I felt nauseous or thought I could no longer handle the rides. But there was enough of a different feel to know age was starting to affect my tolerance. I've always been one that loves the hard action, thrill to the extreme rides. It's going to be interesting to see if theres any further change to the way my body handles them when we return next May. I like wandering around, soaking in the sights but how I'd hate having to resign myself to making that the main thrill of my Disney trip.

Buck Wheelie

I don't do those rides anymore either. I've had back issues and drops aren't any fun. Last time on SM I could hardly walk the rest of the day. We've been going regular to WDW last 22 years. I enjoy taking my family even though my kids are now grown. Its nice to see they are enjoying themselves and talking about the memories from past trips especially those when they were very young.

aliceismad

As a kid I loved all teacup-type spinny rides, and now they make my head hurt if they spin too much. I also can't do the super intense roller coasters as much anymore, though that doesn't really apply to anything at Disney.

Goofyernmost

I don't do fast spinners like the tea cups, I went on them when my kids were small, but not since then. It isn't just the spinning because I can ride orange Mission: Space with no physical after affects. It the visual with the spinning that bothers and disorients me. Spinning for the single reason to simulate fast and slow is fine. I even ride RcRC if I'm in the mood and I always vowed that I would never ride a coaster that looped. I did it the first time because my grandson dared me to. I found it was all that bad, but I have only ridden it three times since then. The mood has to strike me just right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom