2021 D23 Expo Moving to 2022/TWDC 100th Anniversary Celebration Announcement

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
So much for the 50th anniversary of MK. This makes more sense considering everything going on. They can make a massive splash across all parks as travel and demand for tourism begins to increase again.
Wonder what that means for the exhibition business that Disney doesn’t feel confident hosting the expo in Q3 2021, as previously scheduled?

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Wonder what that means for the exhibition business that Disney doesn’t feel confident hosting the expo in Q3 2021, as previously scheduled?

I think it’s more economic based than health based. I think based on trends, and available info, vaccines won’t be available en masse until mid 2021 and there’s still questions about disposable income.

Brer Oswald

Understandable, but disappointing that they are so resistant to moving to digital presentations. I guess the Disney execs aren’t personable enough to act on camera, à la Nintendo. Well, maybe D’Amaro is.

doctornick

I wonder if the next one will then occur in 2023 as originally planned or a new 2 year cycle will start going on in even years.

Homemade Imagineering

Interesting, but not surprising. If they were to hold the Expo next year, I’m sure the parks panel would’ve had barely anything to it, besides more details on the PatF retheme to Splash, and maybe some other information on the 50th. 2022 even seems a bit early for big park announcements, but I’m sure there will be plenty else going on besides parks announcement anyways.

Surferboy567

I don’t know guys...this is very bad news.

Think about it, we don’t know much about what is going on with the park past the additions we know about. Even those additions that we do know about we don’t know much at least according to officially released info.

This news drought isn’t a great omen for the 50th. Of course it is understandable giving the world’s situation, but we need some sort of news drop.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not too surprising.

I’m sure we’ll ruminate on this at length. For park fans, it only means that they won’t be announcing any additions to their park portfolio anytime in the near future.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t know guys...this is very bad news.

Think about it, we don’t know much about what is going on with the park past the additions we know about. Even those additions that we do know about we don’t know much at least according to officially released info.

This news drought isn’t a great omen for the 50th.
You know exactly: there aren’t any.

In recession mode, Disney will not be doing capex

And it’s time to really dial back on this “for the 50th” stuff.

I have watched people - mostly from the sidelines - whip themselves into a frenzy for 5 years about this already.

There was NEVER any concrete evidence that Disney was looking to roll out a new slate of things beyond the needed capex we have seen already under construction for the last 5-8 years “for the 50th”.

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

I agree, but their has to be something...even updates about the 50th, or about any of the additions we don’t know much about.
Agreed. I can’t comprehend how they’re going to pull off a proper parks panel with parks spending being at an all time low. The only project I can think of that we will get more information on is PatF, but I can’t see anything for the 50th, especially not Epcot.

Surferboy567

Agreed. I can’t comprehend how they’re going to pull off a proper parks panel with parks spending being at an all time low. The only project I can think of that we will get more information on is PatF, but I can’t see anything for the 50th, especially not Epcot.
This got me thinking as insiders have said...if PATF is indeed coming to DL sooner rather then later. Their may not even be a splash mountain in DL by the next D23 expo.

EPCOT can’t continue like this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree, but their has to be something...even updates about the 50th, or about any of the additions we don’t know much about.
I have to wonder where “for the 50th” came from?

I guess it was the Disneyland 60 thing that’s started this line of thinking?

But here what I have seen: Bob Iger NEVER authorized one of those “celebrations” in Florida. Not a one. Check the tape of that.

oceanbreeze77

I have to wonder where “for the 50th” came from?

I guess it was the Disneyland 60 thing that’s started this line of thinking?

But here what I have seen: Bob Iger NEVER authorized one of those “celebrations” in Florida. Not a one. Check the tape of that.
year of a million dreams here in CA was ICONIC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom