2020 Walt Disney World Military Rates are available to book now Thursday, 26 September 2019

Cousin Huet

Original Poster
At 0700 the military rates became available for 2020 resort stays as well as the tickets. The dates run the full year with blackout from April 4 to April 19 and then end for the year on December 18, 2020.

There is a new 6 day ticket available this year as well.

6-Day Military Promotional Tickets
Purchase now through December 13, 2020
  • With the Park Hopper Option: $301 plus tax
  • With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $351 plus tax
5-Day Military Promotional Tickets
Purchase now through now through December 14, 2020
  • With the Park Hopper Option: $283 plus tax
  • With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $333 plus tax
4-Day Military Promotional Tickets
Purchase now through now through December 15, 2020
  • With the Park Hopper Option: $265 plus tax
  • With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $315 plus tax

We were finally able to get a Polynesian room after many previous attempts in the past so there is some good stuff available out there. Good luck!

Cousin Huet

Original Poster
As you can see, the 4 and 5 day tickets went up by more than $20 each. The 6 day ticket is a great addition though if you go multiple times and don’t need to be in the park everyday.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As you can see, the 4 and 5 day tickets went up by more than $20 each. The 6 day ticket is a great addition though if you go multiple times and don’t need to be in the park everyday.
Yeah, but look at the per-day price break-out:

The 2020 4-day PH MPT is $66 per day. The 2019 is $60 per day.

The 2020 5-day is $56 per day. The 2019 is $51 per day.

But the 2020 6-day is only $50 per day, so $1 lower per day than the 2019 5-day ticket!

This is still a great discount that Disney doesn't have to offer.

Cousin Huet

Original Poster
Yeah, but look at the per-day price break-out:

The 2020 4-day PH MPT is $66 per day. The 2019 is $60 per day.

The 2020 5-day is $56 per day. The 2019 is $51 per day.

But the 2020 6-day is only $50 per day, so $1 lower per day than the 2019 5-day ticket!

This is still a great discount that Disney doesn't have to offer.
For sure, I’m definitely not complaining. Just pointing out the increase for people so they would have that intel.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
No love for vets?
  • "Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. Military, including the National Guard, Reservists, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Spouses of Military Service Members also qualify if they are able to present valid and active U.S. Military IDs in the absence of active or retired Military Personnel or Commissioned Corps Members.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
No love for vets?

The requirements for eligibility have changed very little since its inception. But in January it will increase by some 3.5 million as Purple Heart recipients, former prisoners of war and all service-connected disabled veterans, regardless of rating, as well as caregivers enrolled in the VA's Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers program, will have access to revenue-generating Morale, Recreation and Welfare amenities, such as golf courses, recreation areas, theaters, bowling alleys, campgrounds and lodging facilities that are operated by MWR.

So nothing from the Disney side, but more from the DoD side.

John park hopper

The requirements for eligibility have changed very little since its inception. But in January it will increase by some 3.5 million as Purple Heart recipients, former prisoners of war and all service-connected disabled veterans, regardless of rating, as well as caregivers enrolled in the VA's Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers program, will have access to revenue-generating Morale, Recreation and Welfare amenities, such as golf courses, recreation areas, theaters, bowling alleys, campgrounds and lodging facilities that are operated by MWR.

So nothing from the Disney side, but more from the DoD side.
I have a service disability rating (not 100%)-- in the past you had to have a 100% to qualify for Shades of Green eligibility What you are saying is that is no longer a criteria. Do you have a web site for this info thanks in advance

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
I have a service disability rating (not 100%)-- in the past you had to have a 100% to qualify for Shades of Green eligibility What you are saying is that is no longer a criteria. Do you have a web site for this info thanks in advance

Shades of Green is waiting to get clarification from command. They will post new information on their website and social media pages once they know the final word.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

No I did not state that I regurgitated PAO boilerplate press nor the extent of what this "eligibility" entails, it's always buried in the details of implementation. It might not be anything more than what's covered under the "Salute to our Veterans". Politicians are always great at promising the world and then delivering an empty shell.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
No love for vets?
Active duty vets and retired vets can buy these tix. Honorably discharged vets don't qualify for this discount. That's not a DoD policy, that's a Disney policy.

But until criteria change, they can use Shades of Green twice each year, in September and January. That's not a Disney policy, that's an Army MWR policy.

Lilofan

Active duty vets and retired vets can buy these tix. Honorably discharged vets don't qualify for this discount. That's not a DoD policy, that's a Disney policy.

But until criteria change, they can use Shades of Green twice each year, in September and January. That's not a Disney policy, that's an Army MWR policy.
Disney should give the honorably discharged vets the same discount. Increase in attendance is a no brainer. Maybe a suggestion to incoming WDW pres Josh??

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Its not currently a "Veteran" thing, its a service member thing. All service members are veterans, but not all veterans are current service members. Retirees are service members. There's a nice little section in the US code that specifies that they can reach out and pull you back until basically your dead. Improbable, but legal. If you've got a very specialized MOS, they will and they have if the need arises.

10 U.S. Code § 688.Retired members: authority to order to active duty; duties

Cousin Huet

Original Poster
Disney should give the honorably discharged vets the same discount. Increase in attendance is a no brainer. Maybe a suggestion to incoming WDW pres Josh??

They already severely limit the amount of rooms available for this discount to where I couldn’t get a specific weekend even though I was on the phone with a rep AT 0700 today. I had to select a different weekend. I really do not think you will ever see the resort discount spread further than current veterans and retirees because they have already greatly cutback from when I first started booking rooms with this deal. It sucks but everyone has access while they are in and then if they do their 20.

Heppenheimer

Here's something I tried in 2011, and it paid off beautifully. I booked a 10 day Disney vacation at the Wilderness Lodge over the phone, and only after everything was reserved did I ask if I could get an active duty discount. The cost of my total package was then shaved by about a third. Of course, I needed to present my ID at check-in to validate the discount, but this was not a problem.

This was apparently an unadvertised discount. No idea if it still exists. Now that I'm an honorably discharged veteran, I tried the same trick when I booked my last trip, but no dice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom