News 2020 Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays

note2001

Reading this, I'm less sad I listened to my family and cancelled out on December. While I didn't expect much what they announced feels just like an extension of Taste of EPCOT.

TrainsOfDisney

Reading this, I'm less sad I listened to my family and cancelled out on December. While I didn't expect much what they announced feels just like an extension of Taste of EPCOT.
They have at least added voices of Liberty. Seeing as they are not listed as part of the lineup for the Arts festival this might be the last time to see them.

Their Christmas carol arrangements are simply gorgeous. (Thanks Derric Johnson).

I wish they could have kept a few of the storytellers... is it even Christmas without La Befona? :-(

Coolbert

>Frozen Scavenger Hunt

1603404407769.png

note2001

They have at least added voices of Liberty. Seeing as they are not listed as part of the lineup for the Arts festival this might be the last time to see them.

Their Christmas carol arrangements are simply gorgeous. (Thanks Derric Johnson).

I wish they could have kept a few of the storytellers... is it even Christmas without La Befona? :-(
The story tellers were just as, or more, important to me as CP. They were always up on stages away from crowds, why not just put them in larger locations?

Disney had better not axe Voices of Liberty. They're the heart of the World Showcase.

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
I hate saying this given the state of entertainment today, but why is JOYFUL (aka Dreadful) returning again?! Voices of Liberty would have been sufficient for the live singers this year.

dreamfinder

I hate saying this given the state of entertainment today, but why is JOYFUL (aka Dreadful) returning again?! Voices of Liberty would have been sufficient for the live singers this year.

External 3rd party they can bring on/cut hours at a whim? And don't have to deal with any unions? Lets them offer something with low risk.

But yet, if they didn't offer it, people would continue to say "Where is all the live entertainment?"

note2001

I'm not a fan of the style music Joyful sings, but that doesn't mean they're a bad group. However, if it was between keeping the story tellers (or world showcase players who are long gone) and a group that only appeals to a few folk, this group would be history.

TrainsOfDisney

The actors who portrayed the storytellers were likely laid off when the entertainment department was gutted.
they were equity performers who could easily be auditioned and hired. Now it could very well be that the managers and coordinators that handle the auditions, hiring, scheduling, etc. no longer have a job.

Since the american gardens theater is handling equity talent, ideally they would have had the voices and some of the storytellers perform there on the stage.

Mariachi could then perform elsewhere in the park.

But I’m glad they are bringing voices back, that’s not a cheap act to bring back so that’s more than I was expecting. As much as I love the storytellers, I’d rather have voices if I had to choose.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm not a fan of the style music Joyful sings, but that doesn't mean they're a bad group. However, if it was between keeping the story tellers (or world showcase players who are long gone) and a group that only appeals to a few folk, this group would be history.

I would hope that they'd give cast members extra hours instead of using the funds to pay Painful! to slide around the notes that are the songs they are attempting to sing. Loud drums can only cover up so much...

techgeek

PHOTOS - Tour of the Holiday Kitchens and menus at the 2020 Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays​

Overall looks like a nice range of menus with some different offerings, all things considered not a bad line-up...

Then I get to:

Holiday Sweets and Treats:
“Hot Dog with Chips... $9.50”

... did someone in F&B sneak that one in there just to troll us?

jrhwdw

Saw Mickey's Epcot Cavalcade on YT. It uses the Music from Mickey's Happy Holidays from DCA last year, both songs! Yes!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom