2020 point charts change back to 2019 points

nickys

Premium Member
From all I've seen the 2020 points align with the 2019 charts now.

Just to add, for the full story of why it was reversed, both Mouseowners and the DIS have extensive threads on it.

Essentially it seems several people had conversations with DVC about it, and they have decided to reverse the points changes for 2020.

correcaminos

Original Poster
Just to add, for the full story of why it was reversed, both Mouseowners and the DIS have extensive threads on it.

Essentially it seems several people had conversations with DVC about it, and they have decided to reverse the points changes for 2020.
I think it was due to the overwhelming backlash they received. I think more than several people were involved by the volume of people I know contacted them. At least based on what the mouseowners thread (no longer read the DIS on my own so cannot speak for that) and private conversations were relaying.

nickys

Premium Member
I think it was due to the overwhelming backlash they received. I think more than several people were involved by the volume of people I know contacted them. At least based on what the mouseowners thread (no longer read the DIS on my own so cannot speak for that) and private conversations were relaying.

Oh yes, I know lots of people phoned in.

I meant more that there were a few people who had conference calls or even face to face meetings with some high up DVC peeps.

What do you mean you “no longer read the DIS on your own”? Turn of phrase? I read it very selectively!

Minthorne

The thread on DIS is a great read and I’m impressed by the tenacity of some of the members in following through on this.

correcaminos

Original Poster
The thread on DIS is a great read and I’m impressed by the tenacity of some of the members in following through on this.
Maybe I'll go look. The last time I read there, they were a bit over the top to me.

Oh yes, I know lots of people phoned in.

I meant more that there were a few people who had conference calls or even face to face meetings with some high up DVC peeps.

What do you mean you “no longer read the DIS on your own”? Turn of phrase? I read it very selectively!
I used to be an active member and almost from the beginning ('98). I have issues with the owner and how things were run. When they banned for simply posting somewhere else I spoke out against it and got banned. I had another name and used it to let friends know where to find me. So I can post and read, but I'd rather not.

Now I only go if someone directs me specifically to a thread there. Otherwise I'd rather not give them clicks.

I am far more active on a few Facebook groups and such. I can tell you that there, I would say we had at least 50 or so members who had written in that I personally know of. One of the people who moderates with me, wrote in on behalf of a whole bunch of people to. He has kept me up-to-date on what was said and done based off of the reallocations as well as some of the other things with maintenance fees as well as the changes for resale buyers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom