2024 NASCAR

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ryan announced he suffered a head injury and is currently being treated for that. He also mentioned there is no internal injuries.

Now that we know Ryan is on the mend, I think it's certainly appropriate at this point in time, to acknowledge and congratulate Denny Hamlin for his 2020 Daytona 500 win.

1582537446519.png

Lilofan

European NASCAR called F1 is taking a beating on the Coronavirus. Some racing teams are based in Northern Italy where it's ground zero for the virus in Italy and a number of races are happen in many countries in Europe and Asia.

muddyrivers

Predictions for this weekend? I have been out of the NASCAR loop for a few years but thinking about getting back into it this year. To give you an idea of how long it's been, I eased out of watching when my favorite driver, Mark Martin retired. 😂

wdwfan4ver

Predictions for this weekend? I have been out of the NASCAR loop for a few years but thinking about getting back into it this year. To give you an idea of how long it's been, I eased out of watching when my favorite driver, Mark Martin retired. 😂
I'm guessing Harvick at this point. Joe Gibbs Racing early on does not seems at fast as they were last season.

wdwfan4ver

European NASCAR called F1 is taking a beating on the Coronavirus. Some racing teams are based in Northern Italy where it's ground zero for the virus in Italy and a number of races are happen in many countries in Europe and Asia.
NASCAR has a racing series in Europe and F1 is not it. NASCAR has the NASCAR Whalen Euro series. All I know is NASCAR Whalen Euro series mostly uses road courses.

F1 is closer to Indycar than NASCAR. I first heard F1 back in the 1990s and that series at the time had cars built similar to CART/Indycar, but with even more horsepower and not being on ovals at all.

Lilofan

NASCAR has a racing series in Europe and F1 is not it. NASCAR has the NASCAR Whalen Euro series. All I know is NASCAR Whalen Euro series mostly uses road courses.

F1 is closer to Indycar than NASCAR. I first heard F1 back in the 1990s and that series at the time had cars built similar to CART/Indycar, but with even more horsepower and not being on ovals at all.
Good to know. Juan Pablo Montoya made the move from F1 to NASCAR, any other F1 drivers take the plunge?

MinnieM123

Premium Member

No predictions, as I'm still getting used to the newer drivers from the past few years. I'm still also a long-time fan of Happy (Harvick), so I tend to go with him. But there are many other good drivers to consider as well. (I don't watch all the races during the year, just a few of my favorites, including the 500, of course.)

I noticed you liked Mark Martin years ago and so did I. I even bought a book that he was instrumental in writing, , called NASCAR for Dummies! :) (2009 publish date)

wdwfan4ver

Good to know. Juan Pablo Montoya made the move from F1 to NASCAR, any other F1 drivers take the plunge?
Mr. Ferrett 88 was correct on Montoya with his transition, but he also raced in Formula Three and International Formula 3000 before going to Indycar. Montoya going to F1 after Indycar is not a shock considering his F1 feeder series background. That background great for Indycar and sports car racing, but that feeder series is no help for becoming a NASCAR driver at all.

Those two series were feeder series to F1, but there was not seat for Montoya and he went to Indycar. Montoya's feeder series to Indycar transition is more common than than doing than doing F1 feeder series to NASCAR.

There are more Indycar or USAAC drivers that went to NASCAR than F1 drivers without starting in Indycar before going to NASCAR.

Christian Fittipaldi was the only driver that started his Non F1 career in F1 driver that also tried to go to NASCAR full-time later on.

Christian Fittipaldi was a F1 feeder series driver to F1 driver to Indycar to NASCAR driver to Sportscar racer. Christian Fittipaldi in 2003 replaced the now late John Andretti during the 2003 cup season for Petty Enterprises after John was released. His problem was Petty being a bad organization at the time and he didn't have the stock experience for that bad ride in the cup series. He needed more time back when the Xfinity series was known as the Busch Series.

Kimi Raikkonen went to NASCAR, but it was for one Truck race and one Xfinity series race. The late Jimmy Clark went to NASCAR for 1 race and he was known as a legendary F1 driver that won the Indy 500.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

JTG Daugherty cars 37 and 47 flunked inspection for illegal body modifications. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Ryan Preece is now starting from the back. The 37 and 47 teams got 10 driver points and 10 owner points taken away each. The crew chiefs of the 37 and the 47 cars have been suspended for todays race.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom