2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

There is plenty of rule changes announced today. I'm only explain the first one in this post

The first one is Daytona 500, Daytona 500 qualifying races , and the Daytona exhibition race are the only restrictor plate races in the cup series next year.

The 2 Talladega races, and the summer Daytona race is going to use a tappered spacer instead of restrictor plates. That means the cup cars are going to have 550 Horsepower at summer Daytona race and the 2 Talladega races instead of 410 horsepower. The catch is the cup cars are going to have larger spoiler, larger splitter and Aero ducts.

I have no idea why NASCAR didn't come up with this sooner. 550 horsepower is going to be the most horsepower at Daytona and Talladega since WDW only had 2 theme parks instead of 4.

wdwfan4ver

Tapered spacers. Road courses, and Air ducts will not be used at Road Courses and tracks that are less than 1.1 miles. That means those tracks have 750 horsepower instead of 550.

Atlanta, Both Pocono races, Darlington. and home stead will be using the tapered spacers that provide 550 horsepower, but not air ducts.

Both Las vegas races, Auto Club Speedway, both Texas races, both Kansas races, 600 mile Charlotte race, both Michigan races, Chicagoland race, Kentucky race, and Brickyard 400 will have 550 horsepower due to tapered spacers, and also have air ducts.

Right now, all the cup cars on non restrictor plate tracks have tapered spacers. While the cup cars have 750 tapered spacers right now, they even had more horsepower than that without the tapered spacers. The catch is NASCAR is using a different size of a tapered spacer at the tracks that have 550 horsepower.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

95 cup team is having a Press Conference on Wednesday. It sounds like it involves a driver, and a car manufacturer change. I don't know if involves getting support from a major cup team. People are claiming Matt Dibenedetto is going to be the driver based on reports them working a contract for signing him with the 95 going to Toyota.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced driver adjustable track bar is gone after this year after drivers complained about for multiple years and is a device that drivers never wanted.

From a drivers stand point, if the adjustable track bar isn't broke, it is way too easy for the leader to be good for an entire run compare to the past.

I heard multiple times in this year with the claim of it not working just like the last couple years before than. The track bar problems costs teams on pit road for trying to fix for a device that didn't exist before this decade. A broken adjustable track bar is capable of screwed up the handling of a car like it did for Kyle Larson earlier this year for one of the reason.

patch553

on a plus I do like there moves to Toyota and with DiBenedetto,its a good team and driver that have have a lot of potential and with the jgr alliance they could put some tidy results together

wdwfan4ver

I think highly of dibendetto considering what he did out of the 32 car. The 95 car to me next year is 20 to 25 in points. I think Toyota could be in the cat bird's seat next year because Ford has a new car and we don't know if Chevy teams completely figure out the new car next year.

What I'm referring to is Hendrick actually knows how to do tracks with the new Chevy car as long as its not a 1.5 mile track.

wdwfan4ver

95 car is not the only news. Huge news out of Hendrick. Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knaus are splitting up. Knaus is going to William Byron. Jimmie's crew chief is Kevin Meendering.

Something had to be done with the 48 team especially what happened on Sunday with Jimmie starting the Dover race in the garage. The 48 team showed signs of problems even in 2016.

I feel sorry for Meendering. Kevin Meendering is a very good Xfinity series crew chief. I think Kevin is getting a declining driver since you are dealing with a 43 year old driver that is going to be 44 in September of 2019.

William Byron is getting a very experienced crew chief, but I don't know how much of the 48 team's problems is on Jimmie. The truth is NASCAR has changed rules around 2015 and the 48 team was showing more and more decline each year in that time period. Jimmie was going to be 40 at start of 2015.

William's problems this year is partly have have a crew chief that hasn't been that great in the current of this car. I thought William Byron and Darien Grubb was going to be a bad pairing considering Carl Edwards and Denny Hamlin did better right away the year after Grubb stopped being a crew chief for those two drivers. The other problem with Byron is he was rushed into cup like Joey Logano was with Gibbs.

wdwfan4ver

Lilly Diabetes is no longer sponsoring Ryan Reed and Roush Racing after this year. I'm under the impression that they are leaving NASCAR. Lilly Diabetes is going a different direction for supporting the diabetes community

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Another sponsor leaving the sport, and still no word on who the 48 sponsor will be in 2019. Not good.

It does make one pause to think about the future of this sport. Although there are quite a few fans, the reality is that the attendance figures have been sliding downward the past few years. That, combined with some big name sponsors bailing, has me concerned. The other thing that bugs me is the inconsistency of what TV channel broadcasts the races--they're all over the place. I used to watch racing a lot more years ago, when I'd see the advertisement (reminder) for an upcoming race on a weekend.

artvandelay

It does make one pause to think about the future of this sport. Although there are quite a few fans, the reality is that the attendance figures have been sliding downward the past few years. That, combined with some big name sponsors bailing, has me concerned. The other thing that bugs me is the inconsistency of what TV channel broadcasts the races--they're all over the place. I used to watch racing a lot more years ago, when I'd see the advertisement (reminder) for an upcoming race on a weekend.
Good point about who is broadcasting the race.

wdwfan4ver

I agree it is a concern about the future of the sport. I agree that the inconsistency of what tv channel broadcast cover the race is a problem. The truth is NASCAR Officials has been very inconsistent in what should a caution and what shouldn't be a caution. That has been a problem since Brian took over and what happened at Talladega is another example of that.

I think the problem of NASCAR starts with Brian France and the people he surrounds himself with. NASCAR. I know Brian's uncle has been running NASCAR since Brian's Arrest in August, but Brian and the people he surrounds himself with before his arrest made questionable decisions for a while before that arrest. Segment racing did not increasing ratings at all. NASCAR doing 3 Segments for the trucks and the Xfinity series really didn't make cents and it really ruined the flow of road course racing for the cup series. The problem Segment racing for the truck series is take a look at Pocono race. The truck series Pocono race has 3 Segments despite only having 60 laps despite it taking 30 to 32 laps I believe for doing an entire fuel run without any cautions.

Brian France himself is part of the problem before that Sag Harbor Village arrest. Brian before his arrest was known for not show up for race weekend at race tracks unlike his dad and grandfather and NASCAR has suffered.

Brian France was not at Watkin's Glen during that weekend he got arrested, but he was a different area in the state of New York getting drunk before making the dumb decision to drive speaks volumes about him. Brian even before the arrest showed odd behavior at the December 2017 Cup series awards Banquet. Brian before his arrest was known for not show up for race weekend at race tracks unlike his dad and grandfather and NASCAR has suffered.

What is going to happen with the NASCAR CEO and NASCAR chairmen position affects the future of NASCAR.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

The problems with NASCAR right now starts fans can't relate to the new drivers. The problem is there are are good amount of drivers that came into the series comes their own sponsor due to family connections, but not on talent.

These rider buyers currently is due to a cost problem NASCAR has. The spot is very expensive and how to cut down costs is a big question mark.

I think the rule package next year for some of the tracks is a mistake. The problem is NASCAR has a race car on the cup level that has issues with stuff like Aerodynamics. The only way I can think of doing something with the splitter and a couple other things with the car. I think the competition on the track is a problem like 2 of the last 3 Coca Cola 600 races being completely dominated in day and dark. That track bar adjuster could've been part of that issue, but it could be the car it self.

From a fan standpoint, I think NASCAR has a marketing problem like it showed early this year with the experience drivers winning, but the younger drivers weren't.

NASCAR is trying to target young fans, but there is a couple issues with that. The first issue is the young fan may not have the money for the races and NASCAR is aiming at a generation of people that has a bad attention span. My point of attention span is something that you can see at WDW with parents more looking at their smart phones instead of their kids. I actually don't how NASCAR could do something for drawing in young fans who can't handle spending 3 hours at a race track. What I said about NASCAR can be said about stick and ball sports if the person is not playing it.

wdwfan4ver

Kyle Larson lost 10 points due to a repair rule violation NASCAR has and Chip Ganassi Racing team is appealing it.

The repair rule is regardless of how damage to a car occurs, the team only is permitted to reattach original body parts of the car to their original locations with fasteners and/or tape only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom